Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Will a vertical remote start box fit in a horizontal slot on the windshield?

Hello, I have to replace the windshield on my 2011 Camaro SS before I sell it, Safelite has a direct replacement for my windshield that is $565 that has HUD coating and a remote start slot but they only carry glass with the horizontal slot for the remote start box, not the vertical which my car has. I can get the OEM glass with the vertical slot for $1043 which is crazy and I'd have to make an insurance claim.
So my question is does anyone know if the vertical remote start box will fit in the horizontal slot? Will it stretch that far, has anyone else done it?
thanks again!

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Go through someone else other than Safelite. If they can't get you the correct windshield, go with someone who can.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote