Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #29
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I can't believe this thread actually exist, in the first press release about the GT4 Camaro GM stated the tie in with the ZL1 Camaro. Looking at the body work for it and the ZL1 1LE I can see the aerodynamic connections between the two cars. Yes the GT4 car uses a naturally aspirated 6.2L V-8 race engine based on the LT1 V-8 and the ZL1 road car packs the supercharged LT4 engine..... does this matter.....

When the C5R first launched the street Corvette had a 5.7L engine while the race car started life with a 6.0L V-8 and later a 7.0L V-8. When they went to the GT2 class they ran a 6.0L V-8 (when the road car had 6.2/7.0L) which was the class limit at the time which was changed to 5.5L (which is what they run now).
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #30
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Why did this have to be a video rather than a written post? LOL
Old 03-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #31
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
This thread is fake!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Here's a fake Z/28 interior...Probably all photoshopped....lol...

Name:  Screenshot_20170310-095630.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  104.5 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Incredible Things You Won't Believe You Need To Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Why is there a sudden surge of threads about nothing with misleading titles.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
Why did this have to be a video rather than a written post? LOL
Welcome to the latest incarnation of the internet. In order to get the maximum number of likes/shares/views/etc there are a handful of rules that people need to follow:

1. Give it a title that grabs peoples attention. Please note that the title does not need to be an accurate reflection of the content that follows. All it needs to do is get people to click, nothing more.
  2. Make a list of points to gloss over. The number of points can get put into the title -but only if you want it to be taken as entertainment. If you want it to be considered informational leave the number out.
  3. Put it in video format so that people can consume the content without having to read. Ideal length is about 5 minutes, and should not be more than 10 minutes. Videos are also easier to share across multiple social media platforms than text is. They're also harder to form coherent arguments against because moving the slider back to the right spot to re-watch a portion for clarity or quoting is an annoyance that most people can't be bothered with.
  4. The content needs to trigger a strong reaction. Any reaction will do. If people send it to everyone they know because its the most wonderful thing ever, thats great for the creator. If people hate-share it to get others to pile on against it, it still counts as views & the creator still wins.
  5. Careful research and background is sometimes appreciated, but usually it isn't & the other rules often render facts inconvenient anyways.
None of this stuff is new, tabloids have been using many of these tactics for a century. But no matter how bad a tabloid is, there is still a pretty high barrier for publication & spread. Social media (chiefly Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter) has not only obliterated that barrier but actively supports the spread of viral content.

And thus, here we are.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #34
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Welcome to the latest incarnation of the internet. In order to get the maximum number of likes/shares/views/etc there are a handful of rules that people need to follow:

1. Give it a title that grabs peoples attention. Please note that the title does not need to be an accurate reflection of the content that follows. All it needs to do is get people to click, nothing more.
  2. Make a list of points to gloss over. The number of points can get put into the title -but only if you want it to be taken as entertainment. If you want it to be considered informational leave the number out.
  3. Put it in video format so that people can consume the content without having to read. Ideal length is about 5 minutes, and should not be more than 10 minutes. Videos are also easier to share across multiple social media platforms than text is. They're also harder to form coherent arguments against because moving the slider back to the right spot to re-watch a portion for clarity or quoting is an annoyance that most people can't be bothered with.
  4. The content needs to trigger a strong reaction. Any reaction will do. If people send it to everyone they know because its the most wonderful thing ever, thats great for the creator. If people hate-share it to get others to pile on against it, it still counts as views & the creator still wins.
  5. Careful research and background is sometimes appreciated, but usually it isn't & the other rules often render facts inconvenient anyways.
None of this stuff is new, tabloids have been using many of these tactics for a century. But no matter how bad a tabloid is, there is still a pretty high barrier for publication & spread. Social media (chiefly Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter) has not only obliterated that barrier but actively supports the spread of viral content.

And thus, here we are.

The actual reason I made the video is quite the opposite. I made it because there have been so many people on the threads here and articles on the internet that are making up false information about a Z28 that does not exist, and I put together an argument of why this is true. In regards to the GT4.r, I do state that the car is obviously real but I wanted to point out some fake news and pictures that were going around about it. Same for the ZR1 Corvette.
marknagy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Having to listen to someone's homemade selfie-monologue-blather-blah-blah video as a prerequisite for a discussion in a thread with a vague and misleading title is total bs....

The title of thread should include that there is a boring-as-crap selfie video of the OP that unless you watch it, you will be admonished for not doing so by the OP...

These types of threads and videos should be deleted and not allowed.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #36
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Having to listen to someone's homemade selfie-monologue-blather-blah-blah video as a prerequisite for a discussion in a thread with a vague and misleading title is total bs....

The title of thread should include that there is a boring-as-crap selfie video of the OP that unless you watch it, you will be admonished for not doing so by the OP...

+1

It's very obvious these types of posts that the OP is just trying to get his own youtube channel some publicity. The content of the video is very weak and lacking. A well written post would have been much more pleasant than some talking head, and would have been quicker to produce.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #37
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #38
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
You think that was crazy???

You won't believe what happens in his next video!!!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
You think that was crazy???

You won't believe what happens in his next video!!!
LMAO... I like that song too.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #40
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LMAO... I like that song too.

Can't hide anything from you guys
Old 03-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #41
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Both cars are Mustangs with cardboard bodywork.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #42
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
The actual reason I made the video is quite the opposite. I made it because there have been so many people on the threads here and articles on the internet that are making up false information about a Z28 that does not exist, and I put together an argument of why this is true. In regards to the GT4.r, I do state that the car is obviously real but I wanted to point out some fake news and pictures that were going around about it. Same for the ZR1 Corvette.
Well, there is no Z/28, ergo any information on the Z/28 is technically "false".

Good luck with your channel, but really, your statements are nothing more than your own speculative opinion, like everyone else "spreading false information". Yours is no more or less correct than theirs. Sorry
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote