#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #57
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
If Adrian Peterson wasn't hobbled with injuries, I'd say he makes a case as well.

Jerry Rice pretty much was unanimous here.

No one feels it boils down to Joe Montana vs Tom Brady for the QB?

I mean Steve Young tore it up as well once Joe was outta there, albeit he had Jerry Rice his whole career basically, but Tom Brady had who exactly?
Exactly, prior to Gronk.... and Moss for the one good yr....all # 2 & 3 receivers at best, also in the salary cap era, Montana had the same cast for most of his career.
Many haters that just don't wanna give Brady his dues, ya know....spygate, deflate gate, kicking the shit out of their teams for yrs & such....lol

Last edited by 3 SS's; 10-24-2016 at 10:06 AM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #58
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Give it up...
I have no great love for Warren Moon, I believe that was an inaccurate statement, is he top five in yards or not? I think he is , but I could be wrong. Throw in the CFL yards and for sure he's top five, I'm just saying, and you seem to be hating on the only decent QB the Oilers ever had.
Moon is seventh all time in yards in the NFL. So I am wrong, he is not top five. But he is the best QB the Oilers ever had, that IS correct. IMO.

Last edited by Kenny Camaro; 10-24-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #59
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
If Adrian Peterson wasn't hobbled with injuries, I'd say he makes a case as well.

Jerry Rice pretty much was unanimous here.

No one feels it boils down to Joe Montana vs Tom Brady for the QB?

I mean Steve Young tore it up as well once Joe was outta there, albeit he had Jerry Rice his whole career basically, but Tom Brady had who exactly?
Brady had a bunch of stiffs, except for Randy Moss in the twilight of his career.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #60
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
but then again, you don't really need a #1WR when all you do is dink and dunk and let your TE/slot get massive YAC. Brady is good, maybe even great, but not anywhere near GOAT.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:34 PM   #61
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
but then again, you don't really need a #1WR when all you do is dink and dunk and let your TE/slot get massive YAC. Brady is good, maybe even great, but not anywhere near GOAT.
Well PMC, in your opinion, who is the GOAT? Marino?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #62
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'm a Dolphins and Marino fan just like you but it's hard to argue against Brady. 4 rings.... Big numbers year after year. Those short passes in the middle of the field are easier to get picked off than a deep ball. Another thing you are not taking into account is his ability to read a defense. Granted having one of if not the best head coach of all-time helps but he still has to perform and he has again and again and again and again to the point it makes me sick to my stomach.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #63
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Brady is gonna send Goodell a bottle of champagne for letting him have four weeks off when he's nice and fresh for the playoff run to number five this year!

Last edited by Kenny Camaro; 10-25-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Well PMC, in your opinion, who is the GOAT? Marino?
I would say Marino is number 1. No, he doesn't have rings, but everyone and their mother knew he was going to pass. Couldn't stop him. Until the playoffs, when the weakness of the team (no run game or defense) shined through. So as a pure passer, which is the pinnacle of evaluating a QB, yes, I think Marino was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I'm a Dolphins and Marino fan just like you but it's hard to argue against Brady. 4 rings.... Big numbers year after year. Those short passes in the middle of the field are easier to get picked off than a deep ball. Another thing you are not taking into account is his ability to read a defense. Granted having one of if not the best head coach of all-time helps but he still has to perform and he has again and again and again and again to the point it makes me sick to my stomach.
Short passes are a very high percentage throw. Deep balls are the ones that are easier to get picked. I know people think it's a cop out, but after seeing Castle and Garrapolo look like all pros in the same system, I think a lot of it has to do with coaching/system. Again, Brady is pretty damn good, that he can execute the system to damn near perfection, but I don't think he's GOAT. As for 4 SB, their kicker had as much to do with getting 2 or 3 of those rings, and then Russell Wilson and a great play by the pats D had more to do with the 4th SB. SB rings is a team achievement, more than a determination of if a qb is great or not, imo.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #65
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

I agree that the ring is more of a team accomplishment. I doubt that any rookie will make it to the SUPERBOWL like Dan did. Elway had the gun and two rings. Montana was Brady before Brady. I think a good case can be made for all four of these men. It's kinda like what's the best flavor of ice cream? There all pretty good, it's just what flavor do you like the most?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #66
PoorMansCamaro

Vanilla. Best flavor hands down.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #67
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Yet everyone ignores Favre who is the all time passing yards leader with 71,000+

More than Moons combined CFL and NFL #'s
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #68
larrysing

Drives: BMW 335d but shopping 2SS Aug2017
I got Jerry Rice #1 and Jim Brown #2
larrysing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #69
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Yet everyone ignores Favre who is the all time passing yards leader with 71,000+

More than Moons combined CFL and NFL #'s
LOL doesn't he hold the all time record for interceptions too?

Favre is an all time great, but doesn't hold a spot in top 5, let alone GOAT.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #70
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
I have no great love for Warren Moon, I believe that was an inaccurate statement, is he top five in yards or not? I think he is , but I could be wrong. Throw in the CFL yards and for sure he's top five, I'm just saying, and you seem to be hating on the only decent QB the Oilers ever had.
Moon is seventh all time in yards in the NFL. So I am wrong, he is not top five. But he is the best QB the Oilers ever had, that IS correct. IMO.
Yeah, he's the best they had statistically... not hating, just not overly impressed with ANY of the Oilers' QB's. It's called an OPINION.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote