Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Danh

Drives: 2013 mustang gt
LT1 Power and Torque Capacity

Hello All,
I will be in the market for a new vehicle sometime next spring I currently have a 2103 mustang gt with the crappy manual tranny and wanted to trade it in for a 15-16 with the Auto and forged internals. I read a lot about the 2016 SS, test drove one and loved it. I would like to know if one wanted to go FI with the Camaro and put down roughly 700 RWHP would this LT1 be able to handle it?
Danh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danh View Post
Hello All,
I will be in the market for a new vehicle sometime next spring I currently have a 2103 mustang gt with the crappy manual tranny and wanted to trade it in for a 15-16 with the Auto and forged internals. I read a lot about the 2016 SS, test drove one and loved it. I would like to know if one wanted to go FI with the Camaro and put down roughly 700 RWHP would this LT1 be able to handle it?
Plenty of C7 Vettes with boost running around with no issues. Just make sure you have a good tuner...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
Danh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Plenty of C7 Vettes with boost running around with no issues. Just make sure you have a good tuner...
I should have asked my question a little differently. At roughly 700 rwhp is there anything on the gen6 which would need to be replaced with a stronger aftermarket product? And are there any suspension mods you guys have been doing to improve traction with all that extra power? Sorry for all the newb questions I'm new to Camaro modding.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
the ATS & CTS guys would be more knowledgeable, at least I would expect
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #5
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
700 hp at the rear wheels? Do you have any idea how much that is at the crank? You better get a real good tuner and be able to spend some big bucks.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
I should have asked my question a little differently. At roughly 700 rwhp is there anything on the gen6 which would need to be replaced with a stronger aftermarket product? And are there any suspension mods you guys have been doing to improve traction with all that extra power? Sorry for all the newb questions I'm new to Camaro modding.
They answered your question properly. There are plenty of these engines running around in other platforms. The car has none to limited aftermarket suspension because it just came out.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #7
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Hello All,
That's a lot of power, the engine and trans should be able to handle it but I don't see you getting the power to the ground without some suspension mods. I'd contact BMR to see if they can help you.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Have you ever driven a car with that much power? Why do you think you need 700whp?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #9
Danh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Have you ever driven a car with that much power? Why do you think you need 700whp?
I have. I think the real question here is why wouldn't I need 700 whp?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Hello All,
The engine and drive line can handle it the biggest hurtle right now if fuel supply over 600 RWHP.

The stock high pressure fuel pump and injectors are limited.

There is ongoing development in larger fuel system parts.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote