Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #43
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
+1

It's very obvious these types of posts that the OP is just trying to get his own youtube channel some publicity. The content of the video is very weak and lacking. A well written post would have been much more pleasant than some talking head, and would have been quicker to produce.
+2 It was only a matter of time before the attention seeking millennials could afford these cars. Makes me feel old to say "back in my day" but it's f*%king true. This whole forum used to be full of useful knowledge. Now its just rehashed garbage with admins who probably live in their parents basement. I get my posts deleted all the time by the mods for "hurting peoples feelings" (direct quote) so its just a matter of time before we are all talking about what the world owes us, banning guns, and crying in our safe place with our gender fluid squirrel identifying friends............

Last edited by Whitemaro6; 03-11-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #44
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
+2 It was only a matter of time before the attention seeking millennials could afford these cars. Makes me feel old to say "back in my day" but it's f*%king true. This whole forum used to be full of useful knowledge. Now its just rehashed garbage with admins who probably live in their parents basement. I get my posts deleted all the time by the mods for "hurting peoples feelings" (direct quote) so its just a matter of time before we are all talking about what the world owes us, banning guns, and crying in our safe place with our gender fluid squirrel identifying friends............
As you know, life and time changes and you become the next in line for the big sleep. I'm grateful today's younger generation have the opportunity to talk about the good old days in their future. My car is a relic by today's standards but is still superior in some aspects. There are some new cars I wouldn't mind owning.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
+2 It was only a matter of time before the attention seeking millennials could afford these cars. Makes me feel old to say "back in my day" but it's f*%king true. This whole forum used to be full of useful knowledge. Now its just rehashed garbage with admins who probably live in their parents basement. I get my posts deleted all the time by the mods for "hurting peoples feelings" (direct quote)
Gee...thanks for pointing that out. Now everyone will be peering into basement windows trying to find us!!

The forum is still full of great information, and more is added every day. We've just received an influx of new members lately, and that drives the repetitive posting up. It's cyclical...please report them, and if we can find a good home, we'll merge them to clean things up. As far as deleted posts...we've been the same team of moderators since 2007. Our rules haven't changed, nor have our attitudes or implementation.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #46
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Hurting peoples feelings, can quickly become an out of control pissing contest. I've met most of the mods, all nice folks... except for Milk... he stole my woman....

The OP's feelings are probably hurt because of the replies made here..... but any mature youtuber knows if you try something like that, you better be a hot chick or be willing to blow up your car with C4.

Dragoneye took that "basement" jab with mature grace, how would you have responded in his shoes?
Old 03-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #47
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Well, there is no Z/28, ergo any information on the Z/28 is technically "false".

Good luck with your channel, but really, your statements are nothing more than your own speculative opinion, like everyone else "spreading false information". Yours is no more or less correct than theirs. Sorry
Like I mentioned, people have been throwing up fake photos all over the forums here and fake news that I am trying to clean up and just make a very valid argument that they are incorrect. Claiming that the z28 will have 750 NA horespower and putting up spy shots of a car that isnt the z28 is not speculative opinion. Its making things up.

Quote:
Lol I have my own career and own my camaro in cash. I definitely dont post all my videos on these forums for attention. Just when I think I can provide some information or shed some light on a topic like the z28 that has been so speculative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Hurting peoples feelings, can quickly become an out of control pissing contest. I've met most of the mods, all nice folks... except for Milk... he stole my woman....

The OP's feelings are probably hurt because of the replies made here..... but any mature youtuber knows if you try something like that, you better be a hot chick or be willing to blow up your car with C4.

Dragoneye took that "basement" jab with mature grace, how would you have responded in his shoes?
Nah I can handle criticism. I certainly welcome it all to make my content better! If people disagree with what I said then it's ok to say so to start a conversation. No big deal.
marknagy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Can someone do a TL;DR of the video because I'm not watching 9 minutes of that.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #49
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Can someone do a TL;DR of the video because I'm not watching 9 minutes of that.
No need, just a guy driving around in his car talking into his camera, saying stuff that we all already know.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #50

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
All these types of threads should be limited to the video log/selfie forum...They continue to show up in other forums because they get zero views in the crapforum where they belong...btw, this was only one of three threads in different forums the op put his video in....OP is a real concerned humanitarian perhaps, but you need a barf bag if you decide to watch any of these types videos...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #51
MrChrisLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Like I mentioned, people have been throwing up fake photos all over the forums here and fake news that I am trying to clean up and just make a very valid argument that they are incorrect. Claiming that the z28 will have 750 NA horespower and putting up spy shots of a car that isnt the z28 is not speculative opinion. Its making things up.
Well, in actuality, most of this "fake news" is started by the major automotive media outlets. They're just trying to sell ad space. But in the end, it's all just speculation.

Not to mention that there are some guys on this forum that actually do know a guy who knows a guy that has a second cousin that knows somebody that delivers water to GM Headquarters. Lol
Old 03-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Well, in actuality, most of this "fake news" is started by the major automotive media outlets. They're just trying to sell ad space. But in the end, it's all just speculation.

Not to mention that there are some guys on this forum that actually do know a guy who knows a guy that has a second cousin that knows somebody that delivers water to GM Headquarters. Lol
Nice try.....

Everyone knows they deliver the water by drones and autonomous Bolt EVs, now....duh...
Old 03-14-2017, 04:43 AM   #53
MrChrisLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Nice try.....

Everyone knows they deliver the water by drones and autonomous Bolt EVs, now....duh...
Oh yeah? And who's brother's coworker's wife's best friend's neighbor told you that?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #54
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Oh yeah? And who's brother's coworker's wife's best friend's neighbor told you that?
Frank.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #55
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
As you know, life and time changes and you become the next in line for the big sleep. I'm grateful today's younger generation have the opportunity to talk about the good old days in their future. My car is a relic by today's standards but is still superior in some aspects. There are some new cars I wouldn't mind owning.
All the auto makers have built some epic pieces of garbage in the past. But even if you take the best of the best from the big 3 30 years ago I really can't see how they hold any superiority at all to the latest modern cars. Unless it's a nostalgia thing. I'll be the first to admit I have no interest in "classic" cars other than cool things to look at. I know about them. I read about them. I look at them. I can't think of a single aspect thats superior. The cars and trucks I've bought in the last 10 years make the vehicles I grew up with in the 70's and 80's look like covered wagons. Although I'm sure there was a covered wagon owner way back when who thought it was superior to these new fangled automobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Gee...thanks for pointing that out. Now everyone will be peering into basement windows trying to find us!!

Way to handle that jab with class! Class, and a sense of humor win every time.