Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2016, 06:54 AM   #15
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
UPR catch can 2015 model

I've owned 3 of these new "electronic hot rods" & I use a "catch can" as I get a fair amount of "blow by" and empty my can every oil change.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #16
suzook

Drives: camaro
Has anyone had an issue with warranty due to adding a catch can? Just curious. I know some dealers look for ANY reason to deny a warranty claim.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #17
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Here is Tadge J's response when directly asked about the impact of valve build-up in the Gen 5 Small Blocks, he is the Corvette equivalent of Al O. Just because BMW didn't properly do their R&D (all the valve build-up pics people post) doesn't mean Chevy dropped the ball too. Even with the BMW, keep in mind the N54 is a decade-old engine, and improvements were made for the N55. Direct injection technology is only getting better. Luckily, the Chevrolet engineers were able to study the bad designs and learn from their mistakes.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1590122228

Last edited by Kracka; 02-15-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #18
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
You won't see the difference without looking directly at the valves until the engine starts to misfire and you have to pull the heads to fix it. Photo of a DPI engine without the catch can. Cheap insurance.
Let me guess that picture is of a BMW engine.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Has anyone had an issue with warranty due to adding a catch can? Just curious. I know some dealers look for ANY reason to deny a warranty claim.
the PCV system is considered a emissions control device. Because it deals with oil and other vapors that would other wise vent into the environment.

when you make any changes to the PCV system its considered a federal crime. But because its so insignificant you won't have the FBI showing up at your house for install a catch can.

But if you install it wrong, or the dealerships thinks it caused a problem they can give you problems for it.

Thats rare though. I would install a catch can worry free, but its not a zero risk thing. As much as vendors say other wise.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #20
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
The EPA can go shove it.
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote