Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #85
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
So it's been a few weeks since my last picture of the Mishimoto catch can which I have installed on the dirty side. Same setup as PolynesianPowerhouse

Absolutely bone dry and clean still. Ran my finger inside and I have nothing.

Basically this is good news because blowby is bad and oil is not supposed to be caught up into the pcv system. So it looks like everything is working as intended.

Perhaps it's the weather. SoCal is not what you'd call desert-like but it's not tropical and doesn't get cold.
Attached Images

cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #86
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Finally got around to checking mine tonight. Just hit 17,000 miles today.

There was enough built up to just wipe it out with a blue Scott towel. Literally about 0.5cc worth inside. There was enough that when you rolled the can around you old see the drop inside roll along the edge with the motion.

Nothing significant at all, which as said is great!

There was just enough to run from the bottom of the can down to the threads. Once it hit the threads, it dispersed among them.

So the can is collecting. No where near what the v8's are collecting. May eventually try a different location due to this one being directly above the exhaust manifold.

Only reason I remembered tonight was seeing the outside of the can it seems as if it was leaking externally. If you see the pics of the outside, it looks as if it's soaking out. Wondering if I had it on tight enough
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:51 PM   #87
PolynesianPowerhouse

so today I'm at like 21,3XX miles. at the track I decided to check it and then tighten it up cause the same residue was on the outside. upon removal. there was a small but decent amount its caught so far.

will throw some pics up tomorrow. will empty and clean it out.

over a time span, id say its worth it.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 12-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #88
cellsafemode

You really shouldn't see any leaking outside of the can. That's what he O-ring is for and that means unmetered air is entering your intake after the MAF.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #89
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
You really shouldn't see any leaking outside of the can. That's what he O-ring is for and that means unmetered air is entering your intake after the MAF.
Already remedied.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #90
PolynesianPowerhouse

So I'm just over 22,000 now.

This isn't alot, no where near what we dealt with on the 5th gen, but over time anything can build up.

Of anyone has the Elite version, it would be cool to see if that one accumulates more due to the steel wool condensing setup.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #91
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Here's your answer Big Man!

I have the Elite catch can. I am at 9500 miles. WHOA!!!!! Way more than I expected!!!

I'd call that one half ounce.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #92
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Here's your answer Big Man!

I have the Elite catch can. I am at 9500 miles. WHOA!!!!! Way more than I expected!!!

I'd call that one half ounce.

Appredicate that, uce!

I'm guessing I'd have a bit more as well of I didn't have the leaking, but prob around the same as you. I'd figure my amount to be a bit less.

I guess the overall consensus is , that they are beneficial.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #93
cellsafemode

I'll be checking mine soon. I got about 6500 miles in now, about 4k on the dirty side can.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #94
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I was trying to find the photos..... couldn't find them on my website so I have to link the thread. I have a almost 7000 miles now and I might pull the manifold again in the next month or two.

Seems relevant to the conversation and if a catch can can help prevent buildup on the valves then I'm all for it.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458158

I use fuel from chevron and shell.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #95
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I was trying to find the photos..... couldn't find them on my website so I have to link the thread. I have a almost 7000 miles now and I might pull the manifold again in the next month or two.

Seems relevant to the conversation and if a catch can can help prevent buildup on the valves then I'm all for it.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458158

I use fuel from chevron and shell.
Chevron Techron has PEA in it so that's good. I use a bottle of Gumout Regane with every tank of fuel.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote