Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is really awesome. The fact that you are ALREADY working on a bolt on upgraded intake for the LGX is really cool. I hope it shows the same gains over stock as your LFX intake did.

Hopefully some decent air intakes, and a ported T/B will hit the market not too long after the Camaros hit the street...those, combined with your intake will make the process of getting the air in about as efficient as possible. Late on...combine that with a tune, and maybe a set of high flow cats and these "little" V6s are going to fly. I'm going to assume that 350 - 360 crank HP will be easy. They will be giving stock 5th gen L99s a hard time.

I bought an SS this time around, but I will be paying attention to the V6 scene as well.

I wonder if a half inch, to 3/4 inch manifold spacer is possible? As usual, it may pull a few HP from the top end, but the lower end TQ usually responds nicely.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This is really awesome. The fact that you are ALREADY working on a bolt on upgraded intake for the LGX is really cool. I hope it shows the same gains over stock as your LFX intake did.

Hopefully some decent air intakes, and a ported T/B will hit the market not too long after the Camaros hit the street...those, combined with your intake will make the process of getting the air in about as efficient as possible. Late on...combine that with a tune, and maybe a set of high flow cats and these "little" V6s are going to fly. I'm going to assume that 350 - 360 crank HP will be easy. They will be giving stock 5th gen L99s a hard time.

I bought an SS this time around, but I will be paying attention to the V6 scene as well.

I wonder if a half inch, to 3/4 inch manifold spacer is possible? As usual, it may pull a few HP from the top end, but the lower end TQ usually responds nicely.
I'd like to see it perform well also.

Once some parts start coming out, you are right, I do believe that these v6's should be pretty quick. I bet they would even give a bone stock LS3 a run for it's money.

I've got a couple other parts here I haven't posted pics of... I couldn't buy the complete airbox assembly, but I was able to buy just the air filter, and just the intake tube... Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the throttle body for either the v6 or the v8... I've got some new machinery in the works that should be here and up and running around the first of the year. A new Haas mill, and a rotational casting machine... I hope to get into the cnc ported TB market myself, and look into making a replacement intake tube, etc...

As for the spacer. Due to the new intake port angle on the heads, and the bottom of the intake, it would be real tough to design/manufacturer... As it is, the spacers I make for the LFX don't really FLY off the shelf... I may not bother with a spacer for the LGX, but only time will tell. If the Camaro spacer showed the kind of results I'm seeing from the 12-13 Impala limited spacer, I wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelf. But such is life. But the LGX intake manifold appears to already have much longer runners than the LFX manifold does, so it may not even need the spacer.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 11-13-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #17
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
How is this coming along for our V6?
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #18
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
This is all great info! Thank you for posting. As a FYI, the SS LT1 shares both a throttle body and intake manifold with the C7 Corvette LT1.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #19
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
How is this coming along for our V6?
Still playing with it, I started on another intake just yesterday. I should have some new flow info on what should be the final rendition sometime next week... Then it's just a matter of finding someone willing to dyno test... I'd just go rent a v6 and test it somewhere, but unfortunately I haven't come across any place that has any for rent yet.

If someone is willing to try it out, and if it seems like there is a noticeable difference would be willing to dyno test it, that would be great1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
This is all great info! Thank you for posting. As a FYI, the SS LT1 shares both a throttle body and intake manifold with the C7 Corvette LT1.
I'm away of that now that more part numbers have been released. I have 3 SS throttle bodies here at the moment. Still have not been able to get a v6 TB part number, or unit on order from the dealer.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #20
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Still playing with it, I started on another intake just yesterday. I should have some new flow info on what should be the final rendition sometime next week... Then it's just a matter of finding someone willing to dyno test... I'd just go rent a v6 and test it somewhere, but unfortunately I haven't come across any place that has any for rent yet.

If someone is willing to try it out, and if it seems like there is a noticeable difference would be willing to dyno test it, that would be great1

I'm away of that now that more part numbers have been released. I have 3 SS throttle bodies here at the moment. Still have not been able to get a v6 TB part number, or unit on order from the dealer.

You just might be in luck! I live in Portland Oregon and would be happy to make the trip down there. I'm headed up to Seattle this weekend and should be hitting 1500 miles shortly after my return.

PM sent.

Ouch..... you are down in Medford. This will be quite the day trip.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 01-21-2016 at 03:38 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #21
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Yeah.. I'm in alabama, otherwise...

Still interested in the final product, though.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #22
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
You just might be in luck! I live in Portland Oregon and would be happy to make the trip down there. I'm headed up to Seattle this weekend and should be hitting 1500 miles shortly after my return.

PM sent.
Unfortunately there are no dynos down here, but I would be more than happy to come up there with intakes in tow because I know there are several dynos there. I typically drive up there and use the dyno at PSI, I've been there 3 or 4 times now.

I would probably need some help figuring out what tools would be needed for the removal/install of the intake seeing as I currently don't have access to a v6 car down here, and I'm told the only one currently on order at the local dealer ship is about 6 weeks out.

We could probably do this either the first or second week of feb. if that works for you, and there is dyno time available. I may investigate a couple different dyno places and feel them out.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #23
GTIanZ28

This is sounding promising!

photo's with the engine cover removed... doubt you can tell much from these basic photo's about the tools needed. I have basic tools .... probably not adequate
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434146

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 01-21-2016 at 04:09 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #24
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
I wish i could help from Nevada!!

Isnt there a MAF upgrade for the C6 that gives roughly 20hp? I think if that would be for the V6, coupled with THIS and a CAI...we got a good runner until its FI time ahahah
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 AM   #25
GTIanZ28

Sorry have to post multiple times. Just 1 photo per post from my phone.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2016, 01:36 AM   #26
GTIanZ28

Also sorry for bad quality photos
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 AM   #27
GTIanZ28

Two bolts at left of photo are going to be annoying (back of the manifold by the firewall)
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #28
GTIanZ28

One zip tie. Ha! This photo ended up upside down
Attached Images