Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-05-2024, 04:04 PM   #43
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Actually, word of mouth is a legally binding contract but I have no way to prove what they told me. The paper they gave doesn't say, "we will pay you....."

Good luck finding an attorney to take a "verbal contract" price case for a quote on a car purchase... I'm sure each states laws are different.

They know nobody would spend that money on the attorney, so they get away with it (if in fact it's law in your state with civil matters like this).
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:06 PM   #44
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
Capitalism also means that if you treat your customers like shit eventually you won't have any. They are just digging their own graves. I never go to dealerships anymore because of this and I'm sure many others feels the same. If they didn't treat people the way they do dealerships would have a better reputation and they would make more money. Unfortunately they always choose short term profits over long term ones.

I agree with this 1000 %...

Hence my comment / post earlier to someone saying, "Speak with your money and go spend it elsewhere".

I'm NOT a dealer lover either...trust me! My post are about principle and reality of the topic / circumstance at hand...I wasn't picking sides here... Just telling it like it is.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:18 PM   #45
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
LOL

Really folks?? Y'all don't expect to be "Played" (call it lying if you want) by Dealers??

Y'all in for a hard life if you don't EXPECT the game and know how to play it.

I get lied to every day / all day for a living... You can't take it personal..

Speak on it by doing research and just spend your money elsewhere...But acting like dealers operate on morals and ethics is just delusional.

Oh well...such is life.
This.

I saw this scenario coming a mile away.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:34 PM   #46
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

This stuff right here is why I said what I said....Things are BAD for dealers and anyone that thinks they're still going to operate with perfect morals / ethics are just fooling themselves.

This guy / his channel is great for following car stuff...This vid specifically talks about how bad a situation the lenders are in and how bad the dealers with inventory and tiny profit margins are.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:13 PM   #47
nferr

Drives: CamaroRS, Cadillac CTS, MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
It pissed me off because they lied to me. They are the ones that contacted me about "overpaying" me for my car. That is the exact word they used.
Well you know they're not going to give you 55k cash on a used car that listed for 58k brand new. Even with under 600 miles on it.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:49 PM   #48
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nferr View Post
Well you know they're not going to give you 55k cash on a used car that listed for 58k brand new. Even with under 600 miles on it.
Oh really? Then how do they justify having charged you thousands over MSRP when they sold it to you a year ago,or even a few months ago?

I guess it's a one-way street.

As for expecting morals: Yes, i do expect decent morals. We live in a suppsoedly civilized society, and lying in maing a business deal is NOT "ok".

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:56 PM   #49
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Oh really? Then how do they justify having charged you thousands over MSRP when they sold it to you a year ago,or even a few months ago?

I guess it's a one-way street.

As for expecting morals: Yes, i do expect decent morals. We live in a suppsoedly civilized society, and lying in maing a business deal is NOT "ok".

Jim G
Same here. Just because s**t is known to happen, it doesn't mean we have to accept it as the norm. The scope and depth of lying in business has gotten worse and worse in my lifetime, and it just isn't something to "live with", as it becomes a downward spiral into the pit.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:43 PM   #50
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Dealerships right now are like Hastings and Blockbuster 25 years ago. They aren't going to survive like this in the long term. Lawmaker bros may "have their back" now, but people aren't going to stand for it long term and Tesla has put the writing on the wall. Like them or not, they are way ahead of the curve on this and no one wants to deal with dealers when buying a new car. The current dealer model cannot survive in the future IMO.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:37 AM   #51
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Dealerships right now are like Hastings and Blockbuster 25 years ago. They aren't going to survive like this in the long term. Lawmaker bros may "have their back" now, but people aren't going to stand for it long term and Tesla has put the writing on the wall. Like them or not, they are way ahead of the curve on this and no one wants to deal with dealers when buying a new car. The current dealer model cannot survive in the future IMO.
Pretty sure most of us pray it doesn’t. Quite frankly small business is almost always better business in my experience. Since dealers have monopolized that model, cut out the monopoly. Straight from manufacturer sure does sound glorious.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:14 AM   #52
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Pretty sure most of us pray it doesn’t. Quite frankly small business is almost always better business in my experience. Since dealers have monopolized that model, cut out the monopoly. Straight from manufacturer sure does sound glorious.
Got a question for you and everyone who has been purchasing new cars from dealers pre 2020. I’ll start by saying I have very little experience purchasing new cars as my 2023 SS 1le was the only vehicle I ever bought new. I also want to point out I’m not trying to defend dealers AT ALL. I’m just genuinely curious as to why people want dealers gone instead of it going back to prepandemic days.

For those of you who had purchased new cars pre 2020, weren’t you buying these at well below sticker? I remember seeing new 17/18 Camaros for literally 10% off. You used to be able to get a 1SS 1le for 40k (5k below msrp)! Instead of dealers disappearing and paying the msrp straight to the manufacturer, wouldn’t you rather it go back to the way it used to be? Meaning a surplus of inventory that the dealer would give you thousands off sticker just for you to take it off their hands? Me personally that’s what I want to happen again. Yes they will still try to charge you BS add ons and give you low trade ins, but that’s up to YOU to get them to remove them (which wasn’t difficult pre covid) and up to you to sell your old vehicle or at the very least have multiple offers from multiple dealerships.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:20 AM   #53
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
It's all about supply and demand.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:31 AM   #54
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Got a question for you and everyone who has been purchasing new cars from dealers pre 2020. I’ll start by saying I have very little experience purchasing new cars as my 2023 SS 1le was the only vehicle I ever bought new. I also want to point out I’m not trying to defend dealers AT ALL. I’m just genuinely curious as to why people want dealers gone instead of it going back to prepandemic days.

For those of you who had purchased new cars pre 2020, weren’t you buying these at well below sticker? I remember seeing new 17/18 Camaros for literally 10% off. You used to be able to get a 1SS 1le for 40k (5k below msrp)! Instead of dealers disappearing and paying the msrp straight to the manufacturer, wouldn’t you rather it go back to the way it used to be? Meaning a surplus of inventory that the dealer would give you thousands off sticker just for you to take it off their hands? Me personally that’s what I want to happen again. Yes they will still try to charge you BS add ons and give you low trade ins, but that’s up to YOU to get them to remove them (which wasn’t difficult pre covid) and up to you to sell your old vehicle or at the very least have multiple offers from multiple dealerships.
There are plenty of deals now, too. Dealers have had a sucky reputation since the beginning of time, it's not just a pre/post pandemic thing. They did get a feather in their cap with limited inventory and high demand for used cars during the pandemic years, but that's mostly gone now with high interest rates, a glut of inventory (depends on the model, but in general...).

And it's not just pricing. It's everything and anything to grease you up into paying more, going so far as to lie, change numbers, or misrepresent things in a transaction.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:28 PM   #55
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
I got my 1LE for just a bit over $40k out the door, tax and everything else included, but that was a different pre-covid world. I bought my last Ranger for $15K flat out the door, again, different world back then.

Now when you try to get written offers most dealers refuse.

40 years plus of buying new and used cars and I've never encountered a dealer I would want to share a drink with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
There are plenty of deals now, too. Dealers have had a sucky reputation since the beginning of time, it's not just a pre/post pandemic thing. They did get a feather in their cap with limited inventory and high demand for used cars during the pandemic years, but that's mostly gone now with high interest rates, a glut of inventory (depends on the model, but in general...).

And it's not just pricing. It's everything and anything to grease you up into paying more, going so far as to lie, change numbers, or misrepresent things in a transaction.
I agree with what each of you are saying. It would be nice if they didn’t lie. I always have made it clear to each dealer I’ve dealt with when purchasing new or used that I am going to heavily scrutinize the paperwork they give me to sign and if there’s an extra line for something I didn’t agree with they will have to remove it or no deal. I agree that none of them are honest. My dad was a dealer and he absolutely HATES them and has hated the 2 times I told him I bought from a dealer. So because of him I learned to look over the paperwork that has everything itemized like a hawk.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is if they completely go away, I think we’ll wind up paying more in the end. Yes it is a bunch of extra work making sure you don’t get screwed at the dealer but me personally I hate the thought of paying sticker on every new car purchase the rest of my life so I would much rather it go back to the way it was pre2020. To evergreens point inventory is stockpiling but the deals aren’t as good as they were pre2020. The only vehicles I’m seeing marked way down are Mach E’s and 4 cylinder trucks which no one seems to want.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 01:01 PM   #56
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I agree with what each of you are saying. It would be nice if they didn’t lie. I always have made it clear to each dealer I’ve dealt with when purchasing new or used that I am going to heavily scrutinize the paperwork they give me to sign and if there’s an extra line for something I didn’t agree with they will have to remove it or no deal. I agree that none of them are honest. My dad was a dealer and he absolutely HATES them and has hated the 2 times I told him I bought from a dealer. So because of him I learned to look over the paperwork that has everything itemized like a hawk.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is if they completely go away, I think we’ll wind up paying more in the end. Yes it is a bunch of extra work making sure you don’t get screwed at the dealer but me personally I hate the thought of paying sticker on every new car purchase the rest of my life so I would much rather it go back to the way it was pre2020. To evergreens point inventory is stockpiling but the deals aren’t as good as they were pre2020. The only vehicles I’m seeing marked way down are Mach E’s and 4 cylinder trucks which no one seems to want.
Deals aren't as good right now compared to pre-pandemic because vehicles continue to sell pretty well despite higher prices and interest rates. Post-pandemic spending was strong on many fronts, new vehicles being one of them. Not just higher prices. Volume. Jeep is an example of a company that didn't do great, and has inventory issues. Want a Compass or a Gladiator? A dealer will practically pay you to take one off their lot.

But, you are right...every line and number needs to be reviewed for "accuracy". Things can be transposed knowingly or unknowingly or otherwise.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote