Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
HP Tuners licensing question

My car is already tuned from a local tuner using HPT. I purchased my own HPT Pro interface so I could change shift points and some other things when id like too. I did a read file 1st and saved it this is obviously the finished file from my tuner and not what would normally be the stock file. When I go to license the file its not showing me what i have seen in some examples. It only gives me the choice to license specific and has what im assuming is my tuners serial number from his interface it is not my serial#. I do not see the single vehicle license option. Im just dint want to license the wrong thing here. There are warnings all over not to do it if your not sure. Im afraid ill be licensing the wrong interface as my MPVI serial number is nowhere to be found. Pictured is what I am seeing with only 1 choice and the other is a picture of an example of what most would see if starting off with what i would assume is an untuned VCM.
Attached Images

ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray

Last edited by JFM-jr; 10-22-2017 at 09:35 PM.
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
You must make sure your VCM key code is entered in the software.

Yes you must also license your vehicle on your device in order to be able to flash your vehicle.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
JFM-jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You must make sure your VCM key code is entered in the software.

Yes you must also license your vehicle on your device in order to be able to flash your vehicle.

Ted.
I was confused and thought the serial number was from my local tuning shops interface from he tuned it and found out that it is actually my VCM serial number. Thanks for the response Ted
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
I was confused and thought the serial number was from my local tuning shops interface from he tuned it and found out that it is actually my VCM serial number. Thanks for the response Ted
Old 03-19-2020, 03:48 AM   #5
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
i tried to write my new tune and i think i messed it up. im new to hp tuners and watched some videos i could find on how to do it all. i went to write the new tune and it prompted the licencing. I hit specific (similar screen to the first photo. the second photo shown i never got one that looked like that with all those options) and used the 4 credits but it still would not write the tune. when i click to write the tune i no longer have the option to licence the ecm it doesnt even pop up but still have the option to licence the FCSM for 1 credit (going off the top of my head on that). I am assuming i did it wrong.
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
i tried to write my new tune and i think i messed it up. im new to hp tuners and watched some videos i could find on how to do it all. i went to write the new tune and it prompted the licencing. I hit specific (similar screen to the first photo. the second photo shown i never got one that looked like that with all those options) and used the 4 credits but it still would not write the tune. when i click to write the tune i no longer have the option to licence the ecm it doesnt even pop up but still have the option to licence the FCSM for 1 credit (going off the top of my head on that). I am assuming i did it wrong.
You just need to purchase 1 more credit for the FSCM then you can write your file.

Ted.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
grampa_ss

or when you go to write the tune....don't write the FSCM (if you didn't change it). Just hit the dropdown box and select do not write or whatever it says...I forget exactly.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Ted is correct. You have to license the FSCM for one credit in order to proceed. Then it will give you the option whether or not to write to the FSCM.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote