Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #29
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrogdor22 View Post
The biggest problem, IMO, is affordability. Upfront costs aside, a 6.2L V8 RWD coupe is significantly more to insure than a 2.0L 4-banger AWD sedan. At 23 with a clean record, I pay $300/mo to insure my 2013. A 2005 WRX would probably be less than half that. Then there's the cost of premium while getting 14mpg, parts and labor from a reputable shop vs. a Cobb email tune, etc. If I didn't have a good job, I wouldn't have a Camaro.
This is really the deal. The thing that has really changed over the decades is not so much the kids, it's the cars. Way back, these cars were relatively cheap, and easy to work on. However, in the fight for more power and efficiency, then add all the technology people "need" in their car, a.k.a. "connectivity", the price of these things is way out of reach of the average 20 something. Heck, it can be tight for 30 and 40 somethings, all things considered.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:05 AM   #30
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
In some ways I do feel like that Harley guy when I'm in my Camaro, because I love the noise it makes. Mind you, I'm a complete hypocrite because I hate it when the Harley guys make noise with their loud pipes. It's nothing that a little bit of therapy can't cure...
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #31
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
KIDS now adays..LOL the Smellenials will all die off from wandering into traffic due to staring at their stupid phones and the drone of Fart Trumpets..so no Loss......they think they contribute to society some how through hard work ? making technology to make them lazier..why they cant even shave....LOL

Yup its spendy…….and they will find the used ones a dream and wonder onto this site over the years like lost puppies who found a home.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #32
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
In the sense that you're driving one of the few pushrod V8's out there, one that is (by modern standards) still really easy to work on. Not much else applies really though.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #33
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
In some ways I do feel like that Harley guy when I'm in my Camaro, because I love the noise it makes. Mind you, I'm a complete hypocrite because I hate it when the Harley guys make noise with their loud pipes. It's nothing that a little bit of therapy can't cure...
In my opinion, there's only one thing that sounds better than a Harley--and that's TWO or MORE!!! Loud pipes save lives!

And I don't own or ride a motorcycle of any kind.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #34
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
In my opinion, there's only one thing that sounds better than a Harley--and that's TWO or MORE!!! Loud pipes save lives!

Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #35
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
^this
Old 11-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #36
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post

Nothing like that Rolling Thunder
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #37
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Never really cared for harleys, in my (opinion) they’re over-priced peices of junk for what they are, but harley is doing amazing with selling everything that has a harley davidson logo on it, anyways. There is at least 6 wrx’s and 3-4 wrx sti’s that go to the meets near me, i’m 19, one of my friends is 18 and has a wrx with a wing on it, i went for a ride with him one time and some teenage girl yelled out the window saying “nice car” girls are for whatever reason obsessed with those cars, however i really don’t think we are driving the harley version of cars, i have had a lot of compliments from girls myself. Anyways my stock car (2010 camaro 1LT RS) smoked a tuned subaru wrx sti on wet roads by like a car length 3 times, i’ve always pulled on wrx’s and sti’s, not really sure how considering the four wheel drive of the wrx/sti’s either way, let the “kids” enjoy their boosted 4cyl’s