Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-25-2017, 04:20 AM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I personally love the design, but definitely design over practicality... visibility. lol

You can almost guarantee the next version will have a different roof line, windows, etc. due to all the negative review of the visibility issue.

It doesn't bother me at all. Took me all of 10 minutes to get used to the blind spots. I love it, feels like a cocoon or cockpit.
People who complain about visibility miss the point. First off I’ve never had a problem. Adjust your mirrors right and use them right and there’s no problem. The first night I test drive one I parked it backing into a parking spot between two Silverados no problem.

Also the car went through extensive testing before it went to production. If the engineers had such a problem with visibility there would have been changes.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 AM   #30
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
People who complain about visibility miss the point. First off I’ve never had a problem. Adjust your mirrors right and use them right and there’s no problem. The first night I test drive one I parked it backing into a parking spot between two Silverados no problem.

Also the car went through extensive testing before it went to production. If the engineers had such a problem with visibility there would have been changes.
Agreed, before I bought mine I heard visibility as the biggest complaint. It took a little tweaking of the mirrors to get it right, but I haven't seen the problem, pardon the pun.
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #31
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik755 View Post
Agreed, before I bought mine I heard visibility as the biggest complaint. It took a little tweaking of the mirrors to get it right, but I haven't seen the problem, pardon the pun.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:36 PM   #32
Zack46

Quote:

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 10-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #33
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Really? "you'll be able to afford one someday" for a Camaro?

lol, c'mon son... c'mon!
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #34
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post

lol, c'mon son... c'mon!

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 10-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #35
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
HBM 2017 that is usually spotlessly clean.

I get a LOT of kids who love the car. Even had a woman whose kid wanted his picture taken standing by the car.

It IS a head turner.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #36
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post

lol, c'mon son... c'mon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Now come on guys, if he had replied to them with a more suggestive remark we'd all be questioning his intent with high school girls.

Now, if they were over 18 of course his response would have screamed "nerd alert" lol
Old 10-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #37
Zack46

I have the sto-n-show front license plate bracket on my hyper blue and Today i was at the gas station and some guy walked up to me and told me he liked the look of it and how the front license plate was positioned so you could see more of my Sema RS hyper blue front grille.

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 10-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #38
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:

Blind spots are huge. You have to use the mirrors; no other choice. Just have to change lanes carefully.

Backing in is easiest due to the camera, plus, good way to save your splitter. ;-)

Also, I would never park between two other cars; especially two trucks... Lol I'm the guy who parks in the last spot next to a curb at the end of a parking lot. That is only if I have to park in a parking lot. Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #39
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
who needs mirrors to change lanes when you have a throttle anyway?
Old 10-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #40
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Blind spots are huge. You have to use the mirrors; no other choice. Just have to change lanes carefully.

Backing in is easiest due to the camera, plus, good way to save your splitter. ;-)

Also, I would never park between two other cars; especially two trucks... Lol I'm the guy who parks in the last spot next to a curb at the end of a parking lot. That is only if I have to park in a parking lot. Lol
I've never used the camera. So used to using my mirrors - and if you have them adjusted properly and use them properly there is no blind spot - that I never even bother looking at the screen.

I backed in between 2 Silverados on my test drive just to see what all the "blind spot" people were crying about.

Look, I learned to drive on my Grandfather's 1985 Cadillac Eldorado which had REAL blind spots for two reasons: 1. the side view mirrors were half the size of the mirrors on the Camaro, and 2. The roof was solid from the rear quarter windows which were just an extension of the door windows all the way back to the rear window. Which was made smaller due to the padded landau quarter roof. NO rear side view. Oh yea, the back window was half the size of the Camaro as well.

Yet somehow when I was 13 and could not even see over the dashboard I learned out how to parallel park, back the car into tight parking spots, and when I turned 16 and my Grandfather let me use it in my parking test, and I'm still alive. If it wasn't stolen in 1993 I would have the car today.

People need to quit crying about the goddamned non-existant blind spots on the Camaro! What did everyone learn to drive on? A bicycle????
Old 10-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #41
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I learned in my first car that I kept for 26 years. 1965 chevelle. Back then it had a 350 with a Muncie 4 speed. Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #42
fastball
Banned

Quote:
I learned in my first car that I kept for 26 years. 1965 chevelle. Back then it had a 350 with a Muncie 4 speed. Lol
There ya go! And I bet it didn't even have a passenger side view mirror!