Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
No outside temp reading on my Nav Screen

I've noticed the last few times I've driven my car that the outside temp reading has stopped appearing on my Nav screen. I have had situations before where it wasn't there when I started the car, but appeared after a few minutes. Now it just doesn't appear at all. All the other cars in our household (Volt, SRX) have it appear immediately, so it's not a regional reporting thing.

Anybody else have this happen? Any clues on resolution?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I've been fighting with GMs newest radios for a few years. They always seem to be software anomalies. I would suggest taking it to see if there is any updated software for it. It might fix it, but might introduce other less desirable faults. Ambient air temp is taken through a thermistor in the front of the vehicle. I'm not saying it's never done another way, I just haven't encountered that from a GM yet.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
This is common when you unhook the battery. Most of the time it will come back. If it doesn’t u have to disconnect it again and try to reconnect it minimizing sparks.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I've noticed the last few times I've driven my car that the outside temp reading has stopped appearing on my Nav screen. I have had situations before where it wasn't there when I started the car, but appeared after a few minutes. Now it just doesn't appear at all. All the other cars in our household (Volt, SRX) have it appear immediately, so it's not a regional reporting thing.

Anybody else have this happen? Any clues on resolution?
It happened on my '15 SS and the service department resolved it by replacing the sensor at the front of vehicle.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:46 AM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Thanks all! Good input. I am going to have the dealer check my radio software and the front sensor when I take it in for the steering recall and the “wake up, it’s Spring” oil change.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote