#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2018, 12:31 AM   #15
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
I would run a catch can. I have an Elite Engineering version installed.

Recently I went in to the dealership for my last free oil change. As a precaution I took the catch can off before I went in (takes about 30 minutes). When I handed the keys over to the service manager, part of the paper work was to sign an agreement/understanding that any "non-GM part" on the car could be cause for denying the warranty.

I'd use a catch can, but take it off before going to the dealer.
Had one on my Firehawk. Debating now. I've never signed such a statement on warranty. They all know Borla is installed. Several people met me out in bay. No issues nor should there be short of internals and a tune. They have to prove the catch can caused the failure, right? I'm not even sure reasonably what one could cause.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #16
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
Had one on my Firehawk. Debating now. I've never signed such a statement on warranty. They all know Borla is installed. Several people met me out in bay. No issues nor should there be short of internals and a tune. They have to prove the catch can caused the failure, right? I'm not even sure reasonably what one could cause.
What if a cheap ebay catch can had the separation material fall apart and get ingested by the innocent LT1?

Dealer would try anything to deny a claim.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Why would anyone chance anything if you’re worried about warranty?

Catch Cans & CAI’s... just take them off before going to the dealer as they take minutes to swap.
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #18
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I don't see a reason to put one on. Engine runs great, and at 14000 miles it pulls as strong as when it was new.
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #19
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post
I don't see a reason to put one on. Engine runs great, and at 14000 miles it pulls as strong as when it was new.
Hey if all the pics of oil in the intake doesn’t make you want one then it is what it is... I’ll never go without one after personally seeing the oil this thing grabs.

That’s the beauty of options like this
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #20
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
What if a cheap ebay catch can had the separation material fall apart and get ingested by the innocent LT1?

Dealer would try anything to deny a claim.
Well sir if one is eBay shopping for one vice those where we seem to have some consensus in order to save a buck then it's all on them.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #21
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
Hey if all the pics of oil in the intake doesn’t make you want one then it is what it is... I’ll never go without one after personally seeing the oil this thing grabs.

That’s the beauty of options like this
There no denying the catch cans capture a bunch of oil that would otherwise be injested by the motor, however, after pulling my heads yesterday in preparation for cam, pistons, etc. I have to say that i was pleasantly surprised. At 14.6k miles without a can, the valves were pristine. I believe it's due to the modern oils designed for DI motors. I'll post pics of the intake valves when i break the heads down.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #22
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
There no denying the catch cans capture a bunch of oil that would otherwise be injested by the motor, however, after pulling my heads yesterday in preparation for cam, pistons, etc. I have to say that i was pleasantly surprised. At 14.6k miles without a can, the valves were pristine. I believe it's due to the modern oils designed for DI motors. I'll post pics of the intake valves when i break the heads down.
I know this thread has aged, but did you take any pics?
What oil are you using?

I have used a CC in my 2016 Silverado, and at every oil change there was at least 2-3oz of what looked like dark coffee with some creamer...didn't smell very good though!
I also used CRC GDI valve cleaner prior to installing the can, and it seemed to have done a good job of cleaning as I was able to notice immediate power.
My truck had 32k miles at the time.

I'll be installing a CC on my 1LE very soon.