Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #15
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Weak AF.
I wasn't trying to impress you so...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #16
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Weak AF.
Well he technically has a point lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #17
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
This twilight love story never ends
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #18
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
This twilight love story never ends
Lol, right!?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

All Dodge has to do is keep making fast cars that dominate the quarter mile track and that can fit 4 normal sized adults comfortably while offering lots of good options and they'll be set. The Mustang and Camaro are very impractical cars for the vast majority of people out there. The Chargers and Challengers tho, they are very practical. Not many people care much about cornering if a car is blazing fast in a straight line. And most people don't really want to have to mod the hell out of a car (ahem, Mustang) to make it fast. Or have to lie about their mods and hide shit to make it seem like their car is fast (*cough cough* Mustang *cough*).
Old 10-19-2018, 08:50 AM   #20
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
All Dodge has to do is keep making fast cars that dominate the quarter mile track and that can fit 4 normal sized adults comfortably while offering lots of good options and they'll be set. The Mustang and Camaro are very impractical cars for the vast majority of people out there. The Chargers and Challengers tho, they are very practical. Not many people care much about cornering if a car is blazing fast in a straight line. And most people don't really want to have to mod the hell out of a car (ahem, Mustang) to make it fast. Or have to lie about their mods and hide shit to make it seem like their car is fast (*cough cough* Mustang *cough*).
I wonder how this forum would treat the 2018 Mustang crowd if they were claiming quarter mile times 3-4 tenths better than any time ever achieved during a published review.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #21
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ah ok. That's impressive for a completely bone stock GT with nothing except boost,slicks and 4100lb race weights to run in the 9's just like any other V8 Muscle/Pony car with those same mods would do...the fact that a Mustang can do it just like everything else out there is extremely impressive.
The reason it’s impressive is because you can get the goodies and run the extra power through Roush and have the car completely covered under warranty. At least that’s why I love them .

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I wonder how this forum would treat the 2018 Mustang crowd if they were claiming quarter mile times 3-4 tenths better than any time ever achieved during a published review.
Well how did M6G treat the Camaro crowd when the 6th Gen SS showed up over half a second faster than the GT and only a tenth of a second behind the $60+K GT350R? And when the GT350R couldn't beat the SS 1LE time on the track? And when the SS and SS 1LE destroyed the GT and GT PP1 in everything? LOL!! And when the ZL1 destroyed the GT350R in everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
The reason it’s impressive is because you can get the goodies and run the extra power through Roush and have the car completely covered under warranty. At least that’s why I love them .
That is one area I like about Ford that GM needs to do better at. I like that you can buy a Mustang and then have Roush or even FRPP (thru the dealership) throw some mods on it and get a limited warranty thru the aftermarket. That is the only way I'd ever buy another GT, if it was built up from the ground up with a warranty. And I mean blower, suspension, brakes, tires, coolers, etc. GM or one of the aftermarket companies should start doing that for the Camaro. I think they can get away without having to touch the suspension, brakes, and tires. But at least they can start doing maybe an Edelbrock E-Force blower or something like that.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #23
NW-99SS

Roush doesn't coincide with factory warranty - at least not in Canada where I'm from.

A coworker purchased a Roush F150 brand new. Took it in for warranty work and was denied all claims as he didn't purchase the Roush warranty when new...something the salesman never mentioned.

I wouldn't put my faith in Roush, at least not from what I've seen, could be different in the US though.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #24
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Roush doesn't coincide with factory warranty - at least not in Canada where I'm from.

A coworker purchased a Roush F150 brand new. Took it in for warranty work and was denied all claims as he didn't purchase the Roush warranty when new...something the salesman never mentioned.

I wouldn't put my faith in Roush, at least not from what I've seen, could be different in the US though.
I'm an American car guy and agree with you 100%. Coincidentally we had a 2017 Roush f150 king ranch 4x4 with a blower come thru Thursday with a locked Motor at 21k miles. It has cai, headers, blower obviously, and is otherwise stock lol. The customer claimed he left the gas station and got on the freeway (was towing a small car trailer with a car) and got on it to get around a car then heard the Motor knock a little, got off of it back on it and it wqs fine for 20 seconds before he heard a bunch of rattling and the sonabitch shut of.

He had it towed to Ford and they quoted him 21k for a new Motor warranty claim denied hence why we got it and will go from there. Point being is I don't put a whole lot of faith in any dealerships warranty on factory modded cars.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

This is the truck btw (I was taking pics of my v) so at the time I wasn't intending to take pics of the truck
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #26
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I'm an American car guy and agree with you 100%. Coincidentally we had a 2017 Roush f150 king ranch 4x4 with a blower come thru Thursday with a locked Motor at 21k miles. It has cai, headers, blower obviously, and is otherwise stock lol. The customer claimed he left the gas station and got on the freeway (was towing a small car trailer with a car) and got on it to get around a car then heard the Motor knock a little, got off of it back on it and it wqs fine for 20 seconds before he heard a bunch of rattling and the sonabitch shut of.

He had it towed to Ford and they quoted him 21k for a new Motor warranty claim denied hence why we got it and will go from there. Point being is I don't put a whole lot of faith in any dealerships warranty on factory modded cars.
Very similar situation. To make matters worse in my example, the greasy sales team sold the buyer an extended warranty to piggyback the factory warranty on the Roush truck he bought. I would have started a full-blown lawsuit, he ended up trading it in on a Raptor at a huge loss.

Edit: That white V is so nice!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #27
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Very similar situation. To make matters worse in my example, the greasy sales team sold the buyer an extended warranty to piggyback the factory warranty on the Roush truck he bought. I would have started a full-blown lawsuit, he ended up trading it in on a Raptor at a huge loss.

Edit: That white V is so nice!
Thanks man I kinda like it but she's the slowest of tje 3 by far lol. The whole warranty thing thru Roush is a total joke but like most manufacturers I don't put much faith in them on any high performance car
Old 10-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #28
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Thanks man I kinda like it but she's the slowest of tje 3 by far lol. The whole warranty thing thru Roush is a total joke but like most manufacturers I don't put much faith in them on any high performance car
Well you do have quite the collection of go fast cars!

Agreed on warranty, I don't put much faith in any of it, and usually if it's failing already, there is a better aftermarket part I can replace it with.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2