Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #631
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I have had my Range AFM delete for 2 weeks and had to remove it because I could not take the constant up and down of the rpm’s while just driving 50 miles an hour going to work. I called Range and told them what was going on and they are sending me a new one to try. It is the current revision or correct version. I will try the new one they send me but think damage has been done because I have had the flush done 1 time already back in November. Range said they would refund my money if I don’t like it. Honestly even with My aftermarket exhaust I can live with the AFM just not the fluctuations in the RPM’s at normal cruising speeds. Sorry for the long read.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #632
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
I have had my Range AFM delete for 2 weeks and had to remove it because I could not take the constant up and down of the rpm’s while just driving 50 miles an hour going to work. I called Range and told them what was going on and they are sending me a new one to try. It is the current revision or correct version. I will try the new one they send me but think damage has been done because I have had the flush done 1 time already back in November. Range said they would refund my money if I don’t like it. Honestly even with My aftermarket exhaust I can live with the AFM just not the fluctuations in the RPM’s at normal cruising speeds. Sorry for the long read.
I doubt the range is what is causing your rpm fluctuations. I had that as well because the tc was in a constant lock unlock flutter. when it would slip, the rpms went up, tcm caught it, locked it back down, and the rpms settled. this happened 20-30 times a minute. It got so bad that I could hear the rpms and see the tach physically moving. the diablosport didn't fix it at that point.

I got a new tc shortly after due to that.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #633
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I doubt the range is what is causing your rpm fluctuations. I had that as well because the tc was in a constant lock unlock flutter. when it would slip, the rpms went up, tcm caught it, locked it back down, and the rpms settled. this happened 20-30 times a minute. It got so bad that I could hear the rpms and see the tach physically moving. the diablosport didn't fix it at that point.

I got a new tc shortly after due to that.
I unplugged the Range and everything is fine but the TC is probably shot like you said. I did not have to get the flush done until I had 20K miles on the car. We will see what happens when the NEW FIX comes out. I will be very disappointed if it is just another FLUSH :(
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #634
Apxj

Drives: 2016 Camaro Rs Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
I unplugged the Range and everything is fine but the TC is probably shot like you said. I did not have to get the flush done until I had 20K miles on the car. We will see what happens when the NEW FIX comes out. I will be very disappointed if it is just another FLUSH :(
My dealership told me Friday that’s it’s another flush with a different fluid and they just received a tool for the new flush
Apxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #635
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
The new fix is a new tip for the flush machine that creates more pressure to supposedly remove more shit. No fix in other words.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #636
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
The new fix is a new tip for the flush machine that creates more pressure to supposedly remove more shit. No fix in other words.
Well that sucks! I have a replacement TC at this point (Dealer Installed) and hope it lasts but I have my doubts.

Regarding the AFM, sounds like you guys have it figured out. It is not the AFM causing the problem. I have had mine in play for thousands of miles and have had no problems (best money spent on the car so far).
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 AM   #637
crosive

Quote:
I'll completely eat my words and apologize if this new "fix" works for more than a few thousand miles, especially on the guys that are showing extreme problems right now.

but I just don't see it doing the trick.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #638
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'll completely eat my words and apologize if this new "fix" works for more than a few thousand miles, especially on the guys that are showing extreme problems right now.

but I just don't see it doing the trick.

I am with you. GM knows what the actual problem is, I have said this before. They have done the math and know to fix this it will bankrupt them...again. With this knowledge in hand they hope to bandaid shit till warranty runs out, ineffective with a already documented problem or hope people with get pissed off enough that they will dump the offending vehicle and buy something else. The second scenario is happening,but a lot of said people are dumping GM all together.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #639
crosive

Quote:
I am with you. GM knows what the actual problem is, I have said this before. They have done the math and know to fix this it will bankrupt them...again. With this knowledge in hand they hope to bandaid shit till warranty runs out, ineffective with a already documented problem or hope people with get pissed off enough that they will dump the offending vehicle and buy something else. The second scenario is happening,but a lot of said people are dumping GM all together.
it doesn't take a rocket jenius to see that "fixing" a problem by making the customer dump it off for a new model, possibly new make as well, isn't a good business model.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #640
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
it doesn't take a rocket jenius to see that "fixing" a problem by making the customer dump it off for a new model, possibly new make as well, isn't a good business model.
I have come to the conclusion that they really don't give a shit.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #641
crosive

Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that they really don't give a shit.
That's where you're wrong. They care. About the bottom line. But they have your (and mine) money already, so you're not in the bottom line equation anymore
Old 01-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #642
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
That's where you're wrong. They care. About the bottom line. But they have your (and mine) money already, so you're not in the bottom line equation anymore
True, very true.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #643
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
I got my car back today from dropping it off for shudder coming back and slipping from 1st to 2nd gear and they replaced the stator shaft and a wiring harness. Has anyone had this done?
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #644
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Is a tune still a fix?

How are others doing with the "Newer" replacement TC's that dealers are installing? Is that considered a permanent fix?

I would like to know if mine will go belly up again. It took me all summer, half a dozen trips to two separate dealers, and countless phone calls to GM Customer Service to get it replaced.