Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #6343
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Warrant, DWLS/R, NVDL, no insurance, stolen car, stolen tag.

Pick one of the above.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 AM   #6344
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Wow hitting and running a Camaro should be mandatory 10 hahahaha.. Some people's children
Old 03-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #6345
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
What a waste of life she is. I'd call the cops too. Its fixable but it is a shame that there are random jerks out there that will damage your hard earned possessions.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #6346
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This seems worth mentioning. Ford is DEFINITELY on path to launch an all-electric F-150. Question is will it get to market before the Rivian pickup and the Tesla pickup.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...eneral-motors/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #6347
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
9/10 says she's an illegal alien.

Guy loses his Camaro due to frame damage and is stuck with the $1k deductible. Shocked it had that much damage.

Couldn't imagine being in his shoes. Lost your car and you gotta pay for it due to someone else's ignorance and inability to do things legally.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #6348
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This seems worth mentioning. Ford is DEFINITELY on path to launch an all-electric F-150. Question is will it get to market before the Rivian pickup and the Tesla pickup.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...eneral-motors/
I've been reading various articles on this over the past day or two. It has my interest. No way to know how far along they are on this thing, but just imagine if they hit us with a reveal on this thing within the next 6 to 12 months. It would be something if it really is a full EV, with reasonable range, and capability.

Hard to imagine that GM doesn't have something in form of an EV truck they are working on. Part of me wonders if an EV mid-size isn't a better first option, but then again the FS trucks are the better sellers, so there's that.

Back to this Ford...I wonder why they even bothered to put the camo on it at all. They could have just simply used the current truck without camouflage and it would have been less obvious than this truck is. Makes me think it was done on purpose to gain attention.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #6349
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
EV Truck's - for those who don't use their truck as intended.

Good luck keeping a charge when putting it to work.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #6350
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
My opinion, but I think the best option (and maybe most expensive unfortunately) would be a hybrid where there is a battery capable of taking the truck to 40 - 50 miles of range (with an electric motor or motors driving the front wheels) but then a good ole V8 powering the rear. There would be different drive modes which would include an option where the V8 is always on and in use, versus the gas saving mode which would only turn on the engine when the battery power is depleted.

yeah I know...heavy and expensive, but it sounds good to me.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:10 PM   #6351
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My opinion, but I think the best option (and maybe most expensive unfortunately) would be a hybrid where there is a battery capable of taking the truck to 40 - 50 miles of range (with an electric motor or motors driving the front wheels) but then a good ole V8 powering the rear. There would be different drive modes which would include an option where the V8 is always on and in use, versus the gas saving mode which would only turn on the engine when the battery power is depleted.

That would be my approach too. But then, we are on our second Volt.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #6352
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That would be my approach too. But then, we are on our second Volt.
Agreed - I'm not against instant torque - and the application for a truck makes more sense than most cars...it's the pure EV truck that makes no sense to me.

We camp without power a lot, I pull enclosed car haulers further than the charge will take me in one direction.

So yes, a hybrid setup of some type would be best...although GM's hybrid variants from the last gen didn't seem to sell very well?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #6353
FenwickHockey65

Quote:

So essentially a Voltec Silverado.

And I agree.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #6354
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

I'd downsize the engine to a V6 & use the electric powertrain to supplement it in tow/haul mode. If you can get 50 miles of pure EV driving, you could use a fraction of that power as a booster for a lot longer.

And I'd integrate the electric motors into the transmission like in the Volt (as well as other hybrids) rather than using hub motors or otherwise driving the front & rear axles differently. Probably a more versatile system, and in being a high-capacity Voltec powertrain it would probably easier to develop than some other completely new system.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #6355
FenwickHockey65

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/27/...#slide-7550191

2020 Equinox.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:53 PM   #6356
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:

A lot of work trucks are drove hard fully loaded to the site (often 30-50 miles) and driven home empty. If they keep enough fuel capacity to make it home fully loaded as well (rain days) it could be a winner.
They have enough brains these machines it could know when it's weighed down. With a manual override, of course
Adding cylinder shutdowns it could idle all day (for heat) and move slowly around the site if necessary.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions