Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #15
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
So, if I go ahead and let a professional install a K&N Typhoon CAI with Borla ATAK axlebacks, and I am CEL-free afterwards, then no worries? I'm assuming the dealership cannot tune the vehicle after the installs?

Sorry for the newb questions all but this is my first "new" car and I'm clueless when it comes to anything other than oil changes.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #16
ZackC

Drives: 2018 V6 RS Nightfall Grey
Do not purchase the GMPP intake without doing the flash your car will run poorly I know people who have done it and they couldn't get a dyne reading cause it was running so bad and the air ratios were uneven. K&N 63 is probably your best bet, the 69 metal tube is good but its a little outdated, airaid is a shitty company don't get that. Haven't seen anyone with the AFE momentum one but its more expensive. GMPP is probably the best one if you get the flash but if you don't go K&N, they sound the best too.
ZackC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #17
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have had the momentum since 2017. I've also had the k&n drop in and I was the test mule for k&n's intakes as well as some of their sister companies.
Attached Images

cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #18
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I have the K&N CAI and no codes. It's FINE. Sounds good, too. I can't attest for any performance gains but I like the little whistle it makes at higher throttle, for whatever that is worth.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #19
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinQueen View Post
I have the K&N CAI and no codes. It's FINE. Sounds good, too. I can't attest for any performance gains but I like the little whistle it makes at higher throttle, for whatever that is worth.
I agree. I pulled installed the K&N CAI and it works great. I also pulled the trigger and installed the quad-tip Borla ATAK axle-back exhaust. The improvement in sound was surprisingly awesome, all smiles the first time I fired it up. And so far, no CELs and runs well so far.

Since I went from a dual tip to a quad tip exhaust, I installed the GM ground effects kit and the rear valance did accommodate the 4" tips, but just barely.

Overall, quite happy with the transformation. Thanks to everyone and their input provided!
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote