Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 09-13-2023, 10:10 PM   #71
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Picked up a set of square wheels (19x11, +35) for daily duty and that requires spacers in the front and longer wheel studs. Factory studs came out without much of a fight and ARP went in without too much struggle - I did spring for Lisle 22800 - well worth the $25.

I tried to use an off the shelf spacer but struck out, so I found generic machined 5x120 hubcentric spacer w lugnuts. I pressed those out, cleaned out the hole to clear 14mm stud and boom, low cost machined spacer. Wheels had slightly larger center bore than spacer, so I sourced aluminum rings to match. Quick shot of fluid film and it's all good to go.

With longer studs, I knew I was going to need open lugnuts or really long lugnuts, so I went open route and... ordered FORD parts! Good value, appears to be well made. They got a work out seating the new wheel studs!

I thought I had burped out all the air from supercharger loop, but not yet! I think I need a better tool.. anyone have STL for 3D print thread in adapter that cracks open the bleeder valve?
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:47 PM   #72
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Have you considered this?
Attached Images

PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:57 PM   #73
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Is that ADM V2 kit?

I liked the other one that used black tank from edelbrock SC kit - looked very slick, someone even had posted all required hoses for DYI, had never been issue until recently when hose was replaced!

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:02 PM   #74
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Yep. That's the ADM kit. Gives me peace of mind for track events.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:14 AM   #75
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Track day was fun, engaging and by 3rd or 4th session, I was comfortable braking less and managing speeds better. Too many people forget what a DE is for and drive bit too aggressively. I was there to have a bit of fun, stay out of other people ways and make good use of the point by finger!

After I figured out cold pressures, the car became much more stable and provided driver much more confidence! I was on 2019 RE-71R and I was concerned they would be aged out. They did GREAT! Brakes were flawless, even for stock pads. Brake fluid, BRF 600 or 660.

Thinks I had forgotten about: cold tire pressures!, the G-force on your head from weight of the helmet and how poorly 3-point belt "keeps" you in the seat.

About 100 miles on track, roughly 22 gallons of gas.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2023, 07:26 PM   #76
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Session 1 video:

I'll link session 2-4 in this video or just click the other channel videos.

Nothing exciting happened... there was vette that decided to mow the grass along front straight, but I don't recall seeing that in the video, maybe i saw it out side window and it never made it to video? I think that was into Session 3.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:56 PM   #77
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Well that was new.. it didn't like sitting for 3 weeks, came back to almost flat battery and insult to injury dead battery in the fob as well. Couple of hours on 6A charger and it leveled off nicely, and replaced the batt in the fobs as well. Spare was dead too!

Whomever Gm tasked w adding pictograph of where to place dead key fob should be smacked upside the head w wet newspaper. It could just state "rear cup holder" or show picture of as much. #FAIL

Old 11-11-2023, 04:08 PM   #78
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Track is done, dropped out the 15W50 and back to more street friendly 5W30. I also found few funnel that works great for our angled valve covers. Less than $2 !!

The tip is bit long, so trim to fit. I angled the tip initially, but plan to trim 10-15mm for more snug fit. The large sweet spot makes for easy pour, even from large 5qt jugs.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2024, 09:52 AM   #79
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Today we're swapping transmission fluid with Tremec spec fluid.

Can you remove brace without supporting the trans? Rely on center support bearing ? Guess we'll find out.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2024, 01:53 PM   #80
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

That was rather painless, removed center brace, let it hang, drained trans. Once we were down to drips, put the drain plug back in and then unhooked one of the rear lines and blew out most of fluid in the lines for rear diff cooler and up through cooler in front.

Drained just shy of 3.6 liters, which given stuff in the lines and cooler maybe should have been more? I filled it 60ml shy of 4 liters. I'll drive it a bit and recheck the level.

OEM fluid looked like red ATF, Tremec HP MTF is clear, camber color.

Used a hose through the cap into bottom of the bottle and small hole drilled into cap to pressurized the bottle to fill the trans. Other than hose being a bit too short, worked great. Regulator on compressor turned down into single digits.. otherwise... LOL.