Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Stagnant6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Swap non-Bose amp with Bose amp?

I was planning on buying two new door panels that have the Bose speakers in them and swapping them with my non-Bose. I also wanted to pick up a Bose amp off eBay and swap it with the stock amp that’s in my trunk. Does anyone know if it would be a plug-and-play easy swap or require more? Any help is greatly appreciated, I couldn’t find any info on this. Thanks!!
Stagnant6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagnant6 View Post
I was planning on buying two new door panels that have the Bose speakers in them and swapping them with my non-Bose. I also wanted to pick up a Bose amp off eBay and swap it with the stock amp that’s in my trunk. Does anyone know if it would be a plug-and-play easy swap or require more? Any help is greatly appreciated, I couldn’t find any info on this. Thanks!!
The door speakers are secured to the inner door skins, not the door panels. I don't know the answers to your other questions, but if I had to guess, I would say it is not likely a plug-and-play swap.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #3
Stagnant6

Thanks for the info. I’m glad I asked before I bought the door panels.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
Stagnant6

From the pictures I found on eBay of both amps, it looks like the Bose has four harnesses that plug into it, the non-Bose has three. It also appears to be the same shaped openings on the Bose as the non-Bose, just with one extra opening that I’m trying to figure out what’s for - possibly the noise canceling or the engine sounds??
Old 11-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This may help you:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488428

I doubt this is plug and play. Even if you get the wiring sorted I'd bet you would need the car to be programmed by a dealer for it all to work. One of the "head units" does have a built in amp. The one for Bose, I think does not. It's like IO5 vs IO6.
Someone else here may have the alphabet soup more recently stored in his brain!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Too much hassle for what it's worth. Easiest to buy a sub thump adapter, amp and 6x9 for the rear deck. Infinity makes a good replacement 2ohm speaker for the doors. Will sound better then the Bose since you will have full range sound coming from the rear this way.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Too much hassle for what it's worth.
I would agree. The Bose may be better than the base stereo, but King's suggestion is easier and will result in better sound quality.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #8
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
If you have the “1” trim, the Bose amp will not work at all. Completely different harnesses, speakers, and most importantly, head unit than the “2” trim. The hardware and software are all different. Don’t forget your fasten seatbelt/headlight on/key in vehicle chimes all come out the driver’s door speaker so the amp is also integrated through the ECM for the specific trim level your car has.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote