Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Thunderhill CCW 3-mile W/Cyclone PB

Here's one of the point-by sessions. It's half way through it as I ended up following a Jaguar for 2.5 laps who absolutely refused to point by. I had an instructor in the car for a check-out ride so this was 100% by the rule book.

My goal was to catch the Porsche that I started behind and after pointing a BMW by to steal his lines (great driver btw), I set off to get him. No easy task having been stuck behind the white Jag for what seemed like an eternity. Guys (& gals), this is super fun business! Everybody needs to get out for a track day. It is a thrill I cannot describe.

If you're interested in seeing the whole session, I'll upload it to youtube

Last edited by OminouSS; 03-07-2017 at 11:55 PM.
OminouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Here's one of the point-by sessions. It's half way through it as I ended up following a Jaguar for 2.5 laps who absolutely refused to point by. I had an instructor in the car for a check-out ride so this was 100% by the rule book.

My goal was to catch the Porsche that I started behind and after pointing a BMW by to steal his lines (great driver btw), I set off to get him. No easy task having been stuck behind the white Jag for what seemed like an eternity. Guys (& gals), this is super fun business! Everybody needs to get out for a track day. It is a thrill I cannot describe.

If you're interested in seeing the whole session, I'll upload it to youtube.

https://youtu.be/oqv-HkI_V2c
You should sign up for Global Time Attack at Buttonwillow next month! (April 15th).
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
You should sign up for Global Time Attack at Buttonwillow next month! (April 15th).
Ok. I'll do it. What the hell is it? hahaha

Are you going to be there? I'd love to actually meet some guys from the board. It's tough to find true enthusiasts for the Camaro up here although I did stumble upon a club I need to check out.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Ok. I'll do it. What the hell is it? hahaha

Are you going to be there? I'd love to actually meet some guys from the board. It's tough to find true enthusiasts for the Camaro up here although I did stumble upon a club I need to check out.
Pending work obligations, I'll be there. You and I will both be running in the Limited RWD category.

http://globaltimeattack.com/events/s...ttonwillow-ca/
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
OminouSS

I'm going to try. I'm at Buttonwillow on April 1 and then supposed to be at Thunderhill on April 15th but I do want to try all forms of comp and that looks fun.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #6
OminouSS

Geez, just noticed the link did not get inserted appropriately even after Norm schooled me. I think I got it now?

Tags
2017 zl1, cyclone, race, thunderhill, track