Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Upping boost...found limit of street tires

Thanks to Laynlo and Ted Jannetty today. I have pulleys on the way to up the boost, but I went and visited Laynlo and he loaned me the 80mm pulley so that I could go ahead and work with Ted on the tune. He also showed me how to change the pulley myself, so...I am ready.

On the way home we did several runs pulled over and sent the logs to Ted...and holy cow, we have found the limit of street tires at approximately 10psi. It really made a difference on the street going from 8-10psi. Based on the street pulls I expect that we will see about 730whp with the automatic.

On Tuesday, once the new stuff arrives (80mm & 75mm pulley and tighter belt) we will up the boost a couple more pounds which should be good for 750whp on the street and we will add a race tune for the track.

There really is a night and day difference on my street tires with this small change. Hopefully the rain stays away and I can get some seat time this weekend to play with the new power and get a feel for it. . I will hit the dyno next week too once we have our final tune complete.

Based on how the fuel system looks right now, we are going to try and bump to 12-13psi on about 50% ethanol and see where that puts us. We will then do a separate tune for the track with race fuel.

It would be awesome if I can crack 800whp at 12-13psi. That will mean no pulley change...just run on the street at 750-760whp and throw in the race fuel for the track...hopefully around 800whp.

If we find the limit of e on the street, I will be ok keeping it as it is running just under 10psi and then do a pulley change and race tune for the track.

Thanks again...Laynlo and Ted Jannetty. This car is so much fun and it’s just about dialed in now.

Btw - for anyone thinking about a cam, cruising around town the cam sounds badass. The number of compliments from the way the car sounds has been really shocking. I can't recommend the JRE rough idle cam.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 09-21-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote