Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #29
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
the problem is mis-communication. I'm sure the girl making Appointments has no idea of the difference between a Swaybar Bolt and a Radiator.

Then its also an upper management issue. Obviously someone there dropped the ball.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff37 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black huh Yarbie? You've posted more "vent" posts on this forum in the last week than I've seen since I've been on here.
Yarbie, its not a vent post. It's a forewarning to not go to Burt Watson in Freeland. And guess what...a local guy found this post who lives in Midland, 10 minutes away.

I'm here to help others and also seek for help when needed. If you wish to not read posts about Camaro owners experiences, then I'd advise you to stay off of the forum....
Old 09-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #31
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Yarbie, its not a vent post. It's a forewarning to not go to Burt Watson in Freeland. And guess what...a local guy found this post who lives in Midland, 10 minutes away.

I'm here to help others and also seek for help when needed. If you wish to not read posts about Camaro owners experiences, then I'd advise you to stay off of the forum....

I live only 5 states away...but have just decided I will never be going there. Thanks for the heads up.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #32
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post

Naw, he'd just change his vent post title to 'No Post'

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #33
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Then its also an upper management issue. Obviously someone there dropped the ball.
It's always upper management's fault for things like this, they are responsible for setting the company culture and I've found with car dealers it can go one of two ways... helping the customer or hating the customer.

Selling and servicing cars is very difficult. Customers are more emotional about their cars than almost anything else. They think they know more then they do most of the time and they expect perfection in an incredibly complicated mechanical/electrical device. It's hard to maintain a good attitude and it's management's job to make sure morale is kept and a helpful attitude is maintained.

Chevy dealers are more old-school in general, it seems like things haven't changed in decades.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #34
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Boy am I glad my neighbor across the street for the past 10 years is my service manager...
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #35
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
Car dealerships are a pure commodity anymore. They don't care about you, it's all about the next deal.
On the Sales end, yes it is all about the next deal. But Service & Parts departments are more profitable. Should customers expect better, absolutely - will they get it, probably not!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #36
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
pretty said...i guess the service i am getting at my dealership must be pretty good!
Old 09-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #37
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
I'm on the look out on purchasing a used SS soon and I went to this dealer that had a listing that fit my interests. When I got their they were really nice and lead me inside their building even before I even let them know what I wanted and asked for my ID. I responded on why they needed my ID for yet and they said you are buying right? and I said I haven't even told you what i wanted to buy. Then his interest fell right through the floor and told me the car i wanted was already gone. However I think they had it in the garage or something.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #38
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
I LOVE the service dept. at my GMC dealer (Holman GMC) in Cincinnati, and I even asked if they were able or willing to do warranty service on my Chevy. He said in some circumstances they can....it wasn’t a resounding yes, so I just figured it was a hassle for them...
I hold no grudge about the Chevy dealer across the street from them, but I have had nothing but praise for the whole experience at my GMC dealer
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #39
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
CMAFR ..... The mean man didn't say good morning (insert crying here)

Whatever dude, you sound difficult to deal with and they're probably glad you left.

FYI, having an appointment doesn't mean they work on it at 8:45 regardless of how minor you may think the problem is.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #40
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Why not take the loaner? Sounds like the attitude started with you.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #41
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
After the tire fiasco, I would never have returned there, ever. I believe even the BOCES first year students would know more about cars than the people working at that place. Feels bad man
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #42
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I’ve been pretty happy with the dealer I use for service (Bellamy Strickland). They’re very polite and professional. When I dropped off my 2016 1SS A8 to have the shudder fixed, the headliner replaced and the missing passenger side speaker installed my loaner was a brand new Camaro, RS, but better than an SUV. I liked the V6, but it confirmed I made the right choice with the V8.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote