Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Interior/Tech Discussion

So wanted to see what everything thinks we may see in the 6th gen. I personally believe we will get something between the Corvette and ATS options/features in terms of the interior. Some of the ones I would like to see is a large LCD in the center cluster, Driver mode selection, push button start, auto climate control/dual zone, PDR, and that nice locking storage compartment behind the MyLink screen.

What else do we think the Camaro might get?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
mpate16

Drives: 2012 Camaro LSX 2LT RS
A more driver focused interior similar to the challenger and Vette would be nice.
mpate16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
interior is my only concern at this point.... the exterior can stay just like it is
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
interior is my only concern at this point.... the exterior can stay just like it is
I am of a similar opinion, but I don't own a 5th gen. Probably the reason I'm not too concerned with the body other than improving visibility which from the camo prototypes looks like they have.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I really hope the interior is fresh and modern. The retro interior of the 5th gen never grew on me. The 5th evolved into a pretty amazing car in its final few years, but the inside(save for the GREAT base and recaro seats, later style manual shift knob and 12-15 steering wheel) in my opinion is just terrible.

Things that have become common in GM's newest cars will most likely all be present. The latest MyLink hopefully with apple carplay baked into the software. The cubby hole behind the screen, climate control with the dual buttons with digital readouts in the center. I think you see the performance data recorders in the in the performance models. I am hoping they really pull off a modern, very functional and attractive IP that mixes the large tft panels with limited anolog gauges. GM is VERRRY hit or miss on IP's though, 90% of their IP's looks very dated and unattractive, I am looking you ATS and base CTS IP's, which are near embarrassing . Meanwhile the Vette and the Caddy TFT IP's looks incredible.

I think the Camaro is also a good candidate for the new TFT rear view mirror. By the time the Camaro is out the CT6 will already be on the market and tech items like that will be filtering on down the line. I dont think this particularly falls completely under interior tech, but some variation of GM's blind spot monitoring I would bet a paycheck will be present.

Some tech items I would like to see are a 110 volt plug and wireless inductive phone charging that is present in some other current GM models. Both items are quite simple, but incredibly convenient things to have. I also would like to see items like the dome light, map lights ect move to led's, it is in fact 2015

Its not too hard to get a good idea of what will be in the Camaro by looking around the rest of GM's mainstream lineup. The Camaro is a largely a part bin car with electronics, switchgear ect.(i.e check out the new Volt interior to see the Camaros new steering wheel and radio controls) Coating technology has come quite a ways so hopefully GM ditches the cheap unattractive silver and dark grey painted bezels for a more contemporary matte chrome coating for accenting, further...hopefully they dont use any traditional appearing chrome trim items. Chrome is so tacky, to me it just looks cheap.

And GM, please lose the butt ugly aqua led dash lighting. The color reminds me of an old microwave oven display.

I would love to park a new Camaro next to my 2000 SS, please get this new one right.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Should have a vastly improved interior from what I've heard.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #7
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I dont think this particularly falls completely under interior tech, but some variation of GM's blind spot monitoring I would bet a paycheck will be present.
That raises a question. I didn't see blind spot monitoring system on the Corvette which is odd to me. Maybe something they will add? The ATS has had it since day one.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #8
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
If they make a nice, clean, modern (think - new vette or challenger) esque interior, I will quite literally kiss the feet of GM
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I expect to see the performance data recorder in the high performance versions.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:13 AM   #10
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post
If they make a nice, clean, modern (think - new vette or challenger) esque interior, I will quite literally kiss the feet of GM

I hope the interior looks something like whats in the new Ferrari 488 GTB.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #11
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I hope it's very driver oriented and sporty....They should take the technology from the c7 and throw it into the camaro interior
Old 02-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #12
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I hope the interior looks something like whats in the new Ferrari 488 GTB.
Well...I mean it surely wouldn't be disappointing, but it seems a bit too barebones. Now, I only did a quick google search to get an idea, but I prefer the more "cockpit" style - where the dash wraps around and makes a little bubble-esque driving experience.

However, that is a very nice interior for a sports car. Very nice.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM   #13
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Should have a vastly improved interior from what I've heard.
interesting that you've HEARD something because not a single other member has about the interior.
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
interesting that you've HEARD something because not a single other member has about the interior.
If I am not mistaken, the member you quoted works/worked for GM. He is very much "in the know" as to GM's moves, and I can vouch for his word.