Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Showing forum love from Los Angeles

Purchased a 2016 1LT RS, A8 this weekend, first new car. MSRP was 33,xxx haggled with 3 different salesman, kept sending them back in to bring better numbers out, manager finally came out got it for invoice (30,xxx).

I'm 22. Super car freak... I've been wanting a modern Camaro since '09 I've been on a mission ever since. Missed the entire 5th generation, I love that car even though I was never fortunate enough to have one. Fell in love with the 6th gen at FNR Los Angeles aka the last stop.

First impressions are the car is solid. Still has that fighter jet cockpit feel as the 5th gen but nicer.. V6 is plenty fast enough for me. I do not like to drive fast, however I enjoy accelerating quickly, punching it from a light or getting on it a bit after making a turn up to about 40-45 mph and just cruising. The V6 has more than enough power to get me from 0-45/50 in an enjoyable manner on the street for a daily driver (only car). Of course in an SS is where I want to be but I know I'll get there when the time is right.

The A8 is great, super smooth and is perfectly mated to to the engines power band. Only time I use the paddles is when I want to hear some exhaust noise on deceleration. By the way, non-dual mode exhaust sound is MUCH better than that of the 5th gens.

Sorry if this post is all over the place, just wanted to make some noise from SOCAL. Mainly wanted to answer any questions you guys may have so ask away I'll reply briefly...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ant_ss; 01-04-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
How many miles do you have on this car ?
Does it have those 26 different ambient interior colors ?
How do you like the location on the different instruments , light control, etc etc ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Ant_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
How many miles do you have on this car ?
Does it have those 26 different ambient interior colors ?
How do you like the location on the different instruments , light control, etc etc ?
I take delivery tomorrow when my financial institution opens up (finalization of paperwork), not open on weekends so only the test drive. No my car doesn't have that option although I've been in a 6th gen with it and it's certainly adds to the interior. Ergonomics of the interior are excellent. I don't believe the side view mirrors fold in, which is weird. I'd change that.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #4
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Congrats on your car! When I was 22, I wanted a camaro also. Couldn't afford it then. By time I could afford one. GM stopped making them. The V6 is a great car. I had a 2014 5th generation 1LT RS and I had a blast driving it the 20 months that I owned it. The 6th gens are a huge step up. Enjoy your ride!
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Ant_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Congrats on your car! When I was 22, I wanted a camaro also. Couldn't afford it then. By time I could afford one. GM stopped making them. The V6 is a great car. I had a 2014 5th generation 1LT RS and I had a blast driving it the 20 months that I owned it. The 6th gens are a huge step up. Enjoy your ride!
Thanks! Very much appreciated. I have hopes of one day upgrading to your level. Agreed.. Amazing machines I wish all Camaro owners many miles and smiles.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #6
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Congrats, Nothing like the feeling of you'er very first Brand New Car, and a Camaro to top it off! Nice color choice as well don't see many silver ice.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #7
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 PM   #8
Ant_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Congrats, Nothing like the feeling of you'er very first Brand New Car, and a Camaro to top it off! Nice color choice as well don't see many silver ice.
Thanks, right back atcha. Yeah I've noticed more yellow 6th gen owners present here than silver haha (not to take anything away from yellow). Personally I think silver is somewhat of a "soul-less" color for a car... But I have some color accent mods coming soon... In my opinion it's the easiest color to keep up with. Hides dust/dirt better than any other.