Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #1289
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think it's mostly a competitive thing with Camaro vs Mustang, they have to make more changes to stay fresh . Corvette and Porsche have more internal changes then over all external because those drivers want a Corvette or Porsche to look like a Corvette or Porsche. Challengers don't really matter ,they sell because they are cheap and have stuck with the muscle car look ,which has worked , for now. I myself would much rather have a 2nd Gen inspired Camaro then a 1st Gen but i don't think it would work , the 1st Gen is easier to copy .
Challengers cheap? Compared to what? I was shopping them and a Challenger 392 T/A not as equipped as my 1LE cost more than the 1SS 1LE. I chose the 1LE because it was more bang for the buck.

Challengers sell because they are great looking especially for those folks who still like the retro look, exude pure badassness, and FCA markets them well. Chevy could learn a thing or two.

No need to bash, I'm not a brand loyalist and love cars of all types and brands. They all have strengths and weaknesses. The Camaro is a great car that unfortunately is poorly if at all marketed. Mustang is the same but to a lesser extent. At least they have the whole "Bullett" thing even though nobody under the age of 50 knows what that is... lol still cooler than a bunch of "real" people sitting on a freeway learning that Chevy isn't as crappy as they may have thought.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #1290
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Stick with the Corvette. It fits your personality better. :P
I don't even know how to take this. So me saying that the new Mustang refresh is better(something that most people on this forum would even agree on) than the new Camaro refresh makes you feel uncomfortable?

And what problem is it that you seem to have with Corvette's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
It might look like a catfish, but it's a better looking catfish than whatever this is supposed to be...

Just saying.
Without a doubt. The current Mustang is a much better looking car than what this "refresh" is looking like. Anyway, i've been a Camaro guy all my life and was planning on coming back.
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:13 PM   #1291
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B View Post
I don't even know how to take this. So me saying that the new Mustang refresh is better(something that most people on this forum would even agree on) than the new Camaro refresh makes you feel uncomfortable?

And what problem is it that you seem to have with Corvette's?

Without a doubt. The current Mustang is a much better looking car than what this "refresh" is looking like. Anyway, i've been a Camaro guy all my life and was planning on coming back.
What does that mean? You will return and buy a 2019 even though it looks like azz? That why these designers know they can get away with the most hideous designs . They know people like you will return and continue to buy them.

I really didn't like the 6th gen when it came out and I still don't, but the 6th gen replaced the most gorgeous design for a Camaro in a long time. However, the 2019 SS update is beyond all logic. And to think, it's just an update that can be easily rectified by a little color matching on the front bumper and moving the bowtie to the middle of the grill.

If this is the type of direction GM is going for on the 7th gen, they should just discontinue the nameplate and let it die a peaceful death.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #1292
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
What does that mean? You will return and buy a 2019 even though it looks like azz? That why these designers know they can get away with the most hideous designs . They know people like you will return and continue to buy them.

It means that i think the 2019 looks like crap and i wont be touching them. What part of that post was it that has you so confused?
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #1293
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Folks the refresh is here to stay, and won't change until the 7th Generation Camaro arrives in a few years.

They had this refresh started back in 2015, and the GM design studios, GM management, Camaro program management, etc..signed off on it.

It's not changing..at this point you have four options:

Buy a new 2016-2018 while you can

Buy a used Gen 5 or Gen 6

Buy something else

Learn to like the 2019 Camaro and buy one of those.
Thanks captain obvious.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:34 AM   #1294
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Personally i dont think anything beats the dead fish look of the Stang's front end and in comparo the refreshed Camaro is a piece of art. I will take "polarizing" over "dead fish" any day.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:19 AM   #1295
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
The only way the Mustang looks better is if you like catfish...

Stick with the Corvette. It fits your personality better. :P
Well, I guess Aston Martins look like catfish too then. If I was a mustang owner I wouldn't be up set to be in the catfish crowd.

This new camaro is just plain ugly. They made it look like a toy from that stupid moive. Good job GM. I know no one that likes the resdesign personally. Its a damn shame.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:02 AM   #1296
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Challengers cheap? Compared to what? I was shopping them and a Challenger 392 T/A not as equipped as my 1LE cost more than the 1SS 1LE. I chose the 1LE because it was more bang for the buck.

Challengers sell because they are great looking especially for those folks who still like the retro look, exude pure badassness, and FCA markets them well. Chevy could learn a thing or two.

No need to bash, I'm not a brand loyalist and love cars of all types and brands. They all have strengths and weaknesses. The Camaro is a great car that unfortunately is poorly if at all marketed. Mustang is the same but to a lesser extent. At least they have the whole "Bullett" thing even though nobody under the age of 50 knows what that is... lol still cooler than a bunch of "real" people sitting on a freeway learning that Chevy isn't as crappy as they may have thought.
The thing is, Challenger gets you the lowest cost V8. For somebody who just wants to pull up to a light and say "Yes, it's got a Hemi" it fits the bill. I live in Detroit, so all three brands are over-represented since practically everyone has access to some sort of discount. Most Challengers I see are V6. Most of the V8s are base V8. I probably see 30 Challengers a day. Maybe 2 of them will be 392. I probably see Hellcat's 2 or 3 times a week and Demons maybe 1 or 2 a month.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #1297
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Really want to see an SS 1LE before I make my decision..

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #1298
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well, I guess Aston Martins look like catfish too then. If I was a mustang owner I wouldn't be up set to be in the catfish crowd.

This new camaro is just plain ugly. They made it look like a toy from that stupid moive. Good job GM. I know no one that likes the resdesign personally. Its a damn shame.
Am not a Ford person at all, but I liked the Mustang refresh as well as the '18 F150. Really like their Royal Crimson Metallic color too.

That aside, am not following the current design language of the Camaro, Silverado/Sierra. Peculiarly, the Cruze, Malibu, Equinox & Traverse seem to look OK to very good for their segment. Maybe the Camaro & Silverado design themes will grow on people as time passes or seeing them on the street? Just not sure why Chevrolet chose to go the polarizing route when photo shop was able to "fix" the Camaro in 10 minutes?
Attached Images

'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #1299
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Am not a Ford person at all, but I liked the Mustang refresh as well as the '18 F150. Really like their Royal Crimson Metallic color too.

That aside, am not following the current design language of the Camaro, Silverado/Sierra. Peculiarly, the Cruze, Malibu, Equinox & Traverse seem to look OK to very good for their segment. Maybe the Camaro & Silverado design themes will grow on people as time passes or seeing them on the street? Just not sure why Chevrolet chose to go the polarizing route when photo shop was able to "fix" the Camaro in 10 minutes?
I haven't been a fan of GM design language either. IMO the Malibu, Camaro, Silverado all look bad. The Equinox is ok. The Sierra in top trim is slightly less ugly than the Silverado. The only one lately I have really liked actually is the Cruze lol.

Oh and Cadillac's looked pretty good lately.

But for the most part, IMO Chevy has been a big disappointment to me lately. The silverado especially. I thought the previous one was good looking but the new one looks like it fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then someone tried to put it out of its misery by beating it with an ugly stick.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #1300
bjzq8

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10, Orange Crush
I despise the new Silverado almost as much as I despise the new Camaro. Chevrolet and GM is doing everything they can to push me to a competitor. It's a terrible shame, because I was one of their biggest fans.
bjzq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #1301
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The thing is, Challenger gets you the lowest cost V8. For somebody who just wants to pull up to a light and say "Yes, it's got a Hemi" it fits the bill. I live in Detroit, so all three brands are over-represented since practically everyone has access to some sort of discount. Most Challengers I see are V6. Most of the V8s are base V8. I probably see 30 Challengers a day. Maybe 2 of them will be 392. I probably see Hellcat's 2 or 3 times a week and Demons maybe 1 or 2 a month.
I got ya. Personally, call me a snob, but I'm glad the entry point to an SS Camaro is higher. That may sell less cars, but obviously Chevrolet has calculated that and accepted it in order to keep the Camaro a bit more exclusive and possibly move the image a bit more upscale. It performs like an upscale sports car, might as well move the image a bit closer to those cars.

Let's face it, the cheaper they are, the younger the buyer, the lower end the image becomes ("kid car"). Seems like they're targeting the 35 to 40+ year old professional who wants an American V8 powered sports car/muscle car.

Some people dont care, but some want a little bit of exclusivity. I like not seeing a V8 camaro at every intersection. There are 3 V8 challengers, and 4 mustang GTs in the parking lot at work. One camaro the limited time I drive it there. People flock to it to check it out.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #1302
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Where i live Challenger R/T is priced almost exactly like 2SS 1LE. There is no question which car I'd buy.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!