#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #71
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
My blower just got from Kong hopefully the bog will be gone by this weekend!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #72
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Well I'm happy to give the news any bogging that I had in the past is now absolutely gone. Drives absolutely perfect. When I say any I mean all slow starts dumping the clutch throttle tip in.. ect. Dry surface, wet surface, the track, the street.. ect.. ect..

There's no more need for TB that doesn't really fix the problem and I've noticed on my car when I ran the mamo TB it relearned it and it came back.

Unfortunately this takes messing around with TQ tables in the tune. I know I'm not as fast as an A10 but atleast I have a chance now.

If your interested contact Matt Sorian at MSTUNING.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 07-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #73
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I know I'm not as fast as an A10 but atleast I have a chance now.
Nope, you still don't have a chance ... A10 ftw you Manny Trannies... j/k
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #74
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Well against u I do..

Old 07-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #75
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Well I'm happy to give the news any bogging that I had in the past is now absolutely gone. Drives absolutely perfect. When I say any I mean all slow starts dumping the clutch throttle tip in.. ect. Dry surface, wet surface, the track, the street.. ect.. ect..

There's no more need for TB that doesn't really fix the problem and I've noticed on my car when I ran the mamo TB it relearned it and it came back.

Unfortunately this takes messing around with TQ tables in the tune. I know I'm not as fast as an A10 but atleast I have a chance now.

If your interested contact Matt Sorian at MSTUNING.
To clarify about the throttle body...you ran the mamo and the car relearned the bog...was this before the tune when this happened?
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:09 PM   #76
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I ran a mamo on totally stock car then on my modded zl1 (pulley headers and intake) it felt good when installed and when I got the car back that was tuned for the pulley. On each occasion the bog came back or was present again to the same as not having a mamo TB.

Doing some R and D with vararam I saw 1st hand that as we swapped intakes on and off something in the computer relearned or made it adapt we made some crazy changes but the car would jump to the next table or map.

I'm not a tuner but that's how it was described.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #77
jvandy50

thanks for the info...my car is also relearning this weird shit and it’s incredibly annoying. i may have to get in touch with your tuner when I’m ready.

guess my other alternative is to unhook my battery every 100-200 miles lol
Old 07-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #78
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
thanks for the info...my car is also relearning this weird shit and it’s incredibly annoying. i may have to get in touch with your tuner when I’m ready.

You bought the Soler TB didn’t you?

And the bog came back?!?

WTF!!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #79
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

A TB is not the answer.. a better flowing intake isn't the answer either. They both help a ton but from experience it's short lived.

Messing with the torque tables is the only way.. the launch control finally works aswell.. its nice to be able to lay burn out with out the rpm diving or even leaving the line semi hard on a dry surface with out the timing being cut.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #80
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Well shit!!! I dropped some coin on the Soler Tb earlier this month. Wish I read this before.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #81
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post

And the bog came back?!?

WTF!!

I didn't want to be the first to say it because I figured I would get a beat-down (just because it came from me) but... I too believe my Soler TB may have been "partly" out-smarted by the ECU. It's been a few weeks since I installed and I could tell after about 1 week that the original potency had already diminished. Is it completely lost? I can't say for sure without reverting back to stock.

It hasn't been "weird" for me, but the rough idle in the morning has returned.

I've been working up the courage to revert back (I'd hate to go through the learning phase again if I'm wrong).

I think I'll revert tonight and report findings tomorrow... Inquiring minds n'such.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #82
jvandy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post

And the bog came back?!?

WTF!!
I have a mamo unit, this is my second one. And just like the first, it worked for a little bit, then the cut-outs slowly started creeping back in.

I am in no way dissatisfied with the part, and tony’s customer service has been great, but it simply does not fix the issue my car has. I had to put the stocker back in for a week while i waited on my second TM TB to return and damn was that rough. This one is way better than stock, and i “can” drive around it, but it is a little annoying. First world problems i guess lol.

I believe EDFHOBBIES is correct, and this was my initial thought, the only way to fix it is to tune. I’d have already done it if GM wouldn’t void my warranty for a problem they fkn created...on purpose...
Old 07-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #83
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
So its mostly software related and we're just "driving it wrong" per some other ask al thread. Yeah, sure seems like I am and many others in here are driving it wrong as well.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #84
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I didn't want to be the first to say it because I figured I would get a beat-down (just because it came from me) but... I too believe my Soler TB may have been "partly" out-smarted by the ECU. It's been a few weeks since I installed and I could tell after about 1 week that the original potency had already diminished. Is it completely lost? I can't say for sure without reverting back to stock.

It hasn't been "weird" for me, but the rough idle in the morning has returned.

I've been working up the courage to revert back (I'd hate to go through the learning phase again if I'm wrong).

I think I'll revert tonight and report findings tomorrow... Inquiring minds n'such.
Sounds like a potential placebo effect as I don’t believe that Mamo ever recommended unplugging the battery etc... In my experience, if you do that in your grocery getter you’ll notice a short lived increase as well.