#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #43
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsmoku View Post
agree to disagree I guess - referencing a car that was a lot lighter (especially since those were nose heavy) isn't the same. my t56 in my 4th gen cars were horrible with a 3.42 on slicks, pretty good with a 4.10, and almost too short with a 4.56 rear gear (at my hp levels of course). sometimes you cant just tune out a mechanical problem. this bog issue was the main reason for the first time in my life I have an automatic. to launch "well" you would have to dump a fair amount of money into the car to make it fun at the drag strip (but might make it worse for road course). just my internet opinion of course
It's like Wack-A-Mole with this silly issue lmfao...

The ECU closing the throttle to 20% (as shown in multiple data logs) is NOT a mechanical issue. It is a software issue. The torque management table is not editable on HP tuner's platform. They've promised to rectify and have since gone dark.

You can't agree to disagree with fact (unless you're a politician then that is your job)

Fact: Throttle closed to 20% on launch due to a torque management table which cannot be adjusted.

Opinion: You're bogging because of the car's mechanical setup.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #44
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Okay I still believe in the tooth fairy and the bog issue. It is real just like the $$ under your pillow. Fact. Even GM admits it.

So GM says clutch just right or go home slow. My question is which tuner has the 60's to show they fixed it? GM is pretty clever and knows we can break these expensive diffs it we get things just right to apply the maximum amount of torque in this heavy car. I think the fix is just like a solid Yeti sighting...... Some have reported it but where is UTube and the genetic evidence?
Old 04-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #45
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I have a 9.17 pulley, headers, TMamo TB, and CAI elite intake. If I hold the traction button for the 7 to 10 seconds and see both lights pop on.. I can Rev at 1k, 2k, 3k, anything else is silly dump the clutch this thing will light the tires up no bogging.

If I use track mode and any of the settings wet, dry, race, ect and do the same it will bog, spit, and sputter. Especially on dry cement that you can get traction on.. on aspault not as bad, on wet asphalt it just spins but no sputter or bag..

Is this the issue everyone is having..

My friends 2018 blue 1le.. you may have seen it on Phastek last week for the borla xpipe or today or tomorrow for the 1st 6 gen stainless brake lines. He was at MSR which is asphalt was able to use launch control no problem then I showed him my zero to 60 of 3.9 for a stick he said he could beat it .. I said what about bog.."mine don't bog" he gets in front of my shop on some good new laid concrete down the block.. my other friend and I heard from down the block bogoing of the line w launch control. He was,like it didn't do it yesterday! I was like looks like 18s still have it and besides your cheating I didn't use launch control!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #46
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
It all boils down to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I have a 9.17 pulley, headers, TMamo TB, and CAI elite intake. If I hold the traction button for the 7 to 10 seconds and see both lights pop on.. I can Rev at 1k, 2k, 3k, anything else is silly dump the clutch this thing will light the tires up no bogging.

If I use track mode and any of the settings wet, dry, race, ect and do the same it will bog, spit, and sputter. Especially on dry cement that you can get traction on.. on aspault not as bad, on wet asphalt it just spins but no sputter or bag..

Is this the issue everyone is having..

My friends 2018 blue 1le.. you may have seen it on Phastek last week for the borla xpipe or today or tomorrow for the 1st 6 gen stainless brake lines. He was at MSR which is asphalt was able to use launch control no problem then I showed him my zero to 60 of 3.9 for a stick he said he could beat it .. I said what about bog.."mine don't bog" he gets in front of my shop on some good new laid concrete down the block.. my other friend and I heard from down the block bogoing of the line w launch control. He was,like it didn't do it yesterday! I was like looks like 18s still have it and besides your cheating I didn't use launch control!
If you can spin the tires, no bog. If excellent traction, means little/ no spin. Bog!
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #47
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
If you can spin the tires, no bog. If excellent traction, means little/ no spin. Bog!
I'm guessing whatever is set to sense the torque loses the sense of it when the tires break loose. Not sure how they're monitoring the torque curve but you're right if I lose traction it'll spin for days without fighting.

I think this is exactly what you see in modded manual drag 6gens. I know NFGGirl's videos all look the same. Car falls completely flat on its face and then almost wheelies shortly after like the computer was like "ugh, alright here is all your torque back" I believe it was Pray or one of the other guys that actually datalogged this at the track and found that the throttle itself is being closed by the computer for a bit and then swung back open. HP tuners blames the table, so it could very well be up to HP tuners to give us a proper verdict; their forum has a topic up with a response saying "we will fix soon" which is probably over a year old now.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #48
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I'm guessing whatever is set to sense the torque loses the sense of it when the tires break loose. Not sure how they're monitoring the torque curve but you're right if I lose traction it'll spin for days without fighting.

I think this is exactly what you see in modded manual drag 6gens. I know NFGGirl's videos all look the same. Car falls completely flat on its face and then almost wheelies shortly after like the computer was like "ugh, alright here is all your torque back" I believe it was Pray or one of the other guys that actually datalogged this at the track and found that the throttle itself is being closed by the computer for a bit and then swung back open. HP tuners blames the table, so it could very well be up to HP tuners to give us a proper verdict; their forum has a topic up with a response saying "we will fix soon" which is probably over a year old now.
Yea, the bog pushed me into the A10. I do miss the M6 SS. I wish I could have kept both.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #49
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:

I have a custom tune scheduled for early June. I will be reporting out what a custom tune actually does for those of us with 6 Speed manual cars with no mods, except CAI ( I have a Rotofab and NGK plugs only). I am told I will feel the difference, but let’s see. Hoping some of the bog can be tuned out, but doubtful. Either HP tuners will do it or nobody can. Who knows: could be a legal thing with GM making threats if they jailbreak the tables, cause they know we will start blowing up drive trains.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #50
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
It's like Wack-A-Mole with this silly issue lmfao...

The ECU closing the throttle to 20% (as shown in multiple data logs) is NOT a mechanical issue. It is a software issue. The torque management table is not editable on HP tuner's platform. They've promised to rectify and have since gone dark.

You can't agree to disagree with fact (unless you're a politician then that is your job)

Fact: Throttle closed to 20% on launch due to a torque management table which cannot be adjusted.

Opinion: You're bogging because of the car's mechanical setup.
someones having a rough day - don't be so sensitive bub. maybe we are splitting hairs and both are correct. we will see soon enough
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #51
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
I have a custom tune scheduled for early June. I will be reporting out what a custom tune actually does for those of us with 6 Speed manual cars with no mods, except CAI ( I have a Rotofab and NGK plugs only). I am told I will feel the difference, but let’s see. Hoping some of the bog can be tuned out, but doubtful. Either HP tuners will do it or nobody can. Who knows: could be a legal thing with GM making threats if they jailbreak the tables, cause they know we will start blowing up drive trains.
If we tune and get a bog fix and then break stuff, no sweat to GM other than complaints on here. If you tune you pretty much own the drive train. GM no longer owes you any warranty there. Now if your oil pump fails you have a case but if you increase power, breakage and mechanical failure is totally on you. Just sayin.

But still no bog fix with a tune so far. Been there tried that.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #52
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
Sucks for Travis, he has plenty of time invested in this cluster f()ck...
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #53
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Bump. Just went from an A10 ZL1 to a ZL1 1LE. The car is great, but this bog/self-rev/sputter/lag down to 400rpm/unpredictable garbage while just taking off from a stop is infuriating. The only fix I've found is to completely ride the clutch out to 15mph or so before it's completely engaged. Then it behaves and will roll slower in first. Getting rolling, though, is way more complicated than it should be. I've owned at least 10 manual-transmission performance cars. None exhibited this behavior or even came close.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #54
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
Bump. Just went from an A10 ZL1 to a ZL1 1LE. The car is great, but this bog/self-rev/sputter/lag down to 400rpm/unpredictable garbage while just taking off from a stop is infuriating. The only fix I've found is to completely ride the clutch out to 15mph or so before it's completely engaged. Then it behaves and will roll slower in first. Getting rolling, though, is way more complicated than it should be. I've owned at least 10 manual-transmission performance cars. None exhibited this behavior or even came close.
The GT350 bogged terrible. It would almost die

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #55
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
It makes it really tough to get off the line with any kind of urgency in track mode (regardless of mode)... unless wet and then it just beautifully spins the tires!

You're fully expecting to get pegged into seat and instead you are jerked forward - sucks when you have helmet on your head and you turn into bobble toy. Pretty sure I have few videos of it in action.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #56
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
The Tony Mamo ported throttle body went a long way in eliminating this.