Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #323
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I am trying to convince myself that it would be worth having my Katech ported TB reworked. I know if I was going from Stock to a Soler, then heck yeah I know that would probably be a 100% improvement but my Katech is only missing the little notch work and the Katech over Stock made a tremendous improvement so wondering if any further work on it would be marginal at best as far as noticing them..
Hi Dysan911;

Quick question, I see you are SC; was your TB designed/made for a SC LT1 or LT4?

Those little notches connect idle to power throttle, they are a "tunnel" that allow transitional airflow from the idling region to the power region.

It is also missing any type of work at the outlet, an unexploited region by any other PTB and as effective as modifying inlet.

We also feature a unique converging-diverging nozzle design that is formed between the blade chamfers (on what used to be sharp edges) and the body contour. This takes a long winded explanation but it accounts for quite a bit.

We also, countersank the screws. Not much of a gain, we think, but a gain nevertheless.

Lastly, you have nothing to lose. If you want to go back to your previous PTB, we'll refund you and give you a PTB of that brand.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #324
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Any updates on the 95 mm Tb's yet? I'm thinking of getting my car tuned next month, and dont want to have to pay for a retune
Sorry, nothing yet. We appreciate you waiting for our product, but the way things are now (very busy w/ LT1/LT4) we don't see ourselves getting the LT5 design done and tested by next month.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #325
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
So I just did my first road test to get the computer learn started and I must say that I’m impressed so far! I was a little worried because of the seemingly dead spot around 3200rpm as I stated above during initial 4K learning, but I’m very pleased with its road manners! Very smooth and linear throttle delivery with no “herky jerky” action. It’s actually very weird expecting the wonky throttle action but getting nothing but smooth! Wow! It’s so smooth that I can actually now feel the engine really get happy once you get into the power band at over 3k! Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow I’ll have the initial 50-100 mile learning curve done. So far so good!
Thanks, Mike. That is a good start. Keep us posted!
Old 07-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #326
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Mike,

If I send in my TM PTB, what are the chances that I will NOT get your stated benefits:(Same as those of our SE8223-100 Premium Modified, Ported, and Calibrated Throttle Body (NEW). C7 LT1/LT4 Engines.) Due to it NOT being an OEM part?

I have a semi new OEM TB with only 10miles on it, but I'd like to keep that should I need to take the car in for warranty work.

I did have to do that once when I first installed the TM PTB, I was getting a CEL for rough idle at cold start up, so I changed out the TM for the OEM, which came with the car...turns out my #5 injector was bad however, the dealership installed a New OEM TB since there was a pin that was a little bent.

I now reinstalled the TM and hence have a semi new OEM TB on the shelf. I'm not getting any CEL so I know the TM PTB was not part of the problem.

I just don't want to send in the TM PTB and then NOT be able to gain the benefits as if I sent in an OEM TB.

And as mentioned, I'd like to keep the OEM just in case I need to take the car in again for warranty work.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to figure out what would be best for my situation.

Thank you!
Old 07-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #327
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Mike,

If I send in my TM PTB, what are the chances that I will NOT get your stated benefits:(Same as those of our SE8223-100 Premium Modified, Ported, and Calibrated Throttle Body (NEW). C7 LT1/LT4 Engines.) Due to it NOT being an OEM part?

I have a semi new OEM TB with only 10miles on it, but I'd like to keep that should I need to take the car in for warranty work.

I did have to do that once when I first installed the TM PTB, I was getting a CEL for rough idle at cold start up, so I changed out the TM for the OEM, which came with the car...turns out my #5 injector was bad however, the dealership installed a New OEM TB since there was a pin that was a little bent.

I now reinstalled the TM and hence have a semi new OEM TB on the shelf. I'm not getting any CEL so I know the TM PTB was not part of the problem.

I just don't want to send in the TM PTB and then NOT be able to gain the benefits as if I sent in an OEM TB.

And as mentioned, I'd like to keep the OEM just in case I need to take the car in again for warranty work.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to figure out what would be best for my situation.

Thank you!
Just straight up buy the Soler TB and sell the TM one.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #328
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Thankyou for the update and honesty!
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #329
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Just straight up buy the Soler TB and sell the TM one.
Well since his website says they will re-work the TM, I thought I'd ask.
I can't see trying to sell the TM when someone asks why..."oh because I got one that I think is better." Especially if there's suddenly a lot of TMs being sold now.
Or, I may just wait until my warranty is up.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #330
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Well since his website says they will re-work the TM, I thought I'd ask.
I can't see trying to sell the TM when someone asks why..."oh because I got one that I think is better." Especially if there's suddenly a lot of TMs being sold now.
Yeah I’ve noticed a lot of them for sale. They’re all stepping up to this one! Lol!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:33 AM   #331
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:

You can order one with out the engraving on the inside and outside.

But if the dealer for some reason needed to replace your TB, you can always ask them for it back and see if they will. Or come up with some other reason to get it back.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:42 AM   #332
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
or just pay the extra $120 and keep yours. for warranty reasons. if they need to replace your tb no reason to get it back.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #333
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Similar to Dysan911's question above...........
How is this TB offering anything different than having more of a rev hang problem??-
Having too much air through those extra notches when blade is closing, extra air the computer isn't programmed to burn, which is useful if you are going to KEEP accelerating/racing and shifting, but not useful if you are daily driving and need the rpm to come down nicely. I have the mamo PTB and I cant imagine any more air flow being beneficial. Who can clear this up?
Old 07-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #334
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Mike,

Thank you!
PTB reworks should perform the same as our original parts within +/-10%. The only problem is that we can always remove material where they didn't but cannot add material where they removed too much.

We always evaluate reworkability when receiving a PTB.

In any case, if it goes wrong, we'll either, refund you and provide a used PTB of the same brand you had, or, provide a used SE TB. Always w/ a year warranty. You'll end up whole in the transaction no matter which option you go for.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #335
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Similar to Dysan911's question above...........
How is this TB offering anything different than having more of a rev hang problem??-
Having too much air through those extra notches when blade is closing, extra air the computer isn't programmed to burn, which is useful if you are going to KEEP accelerating/racing and shifting, but not useful if you are daily driving and need the rpm to come down nicely. I have the mamo PTB and I cant imagine any more air flow being beneficial. Who can clear this up?
Hi, MR-02. The ECM can compensate to some extent and we are sure we are within those limits. Whether at the track or daily driving our modifications work flawlessly, and it was in fact for daily driving that the modification was conceived, this is where we spend most of our driving time and we wanted the car to feel as a driver's car, true to their exterior design, power, and weight.

We do not add more porting to other brands of PTB's, we think they got that pretty close to what it should be. That is, your gains start about 25%-30% thorttle, we bridge idle (<10%) throttle to what was already done to it at or above 25% throttle. Now your gains (response) will start right off idle. Don't have to wait to hit 25% throttle for the car to react to your input.

We also convert the effective bore diameter from 87 mm to 91 mm for more gains (flow area) at WOT.

There are many other little perks in there that add on to it. Like better surface finish, countersunk screws, etc.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #336
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Any videos of showing the performance of this new fangled product?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote