Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #267
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
If I order one I want to hold on to my original for about a year or so in case I need to stick the old one back on for warranty reasons. Is there a limit as to when I can return my core?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #268
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Got mine! Unfortunately with no garage and rain in the forecast the next few nights leaving the trunk unlatched and the battery disconnected won't be an option, but I'll be putting it on tonight anyway. Maybe over the long weekend I'll have eight continuous hours to wipe the ECU properly.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #269
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
If I order one I want to hold on to my original for about a year or so in case I need to stick the old one back on for warranty reasons. Is there a limit as to when I can return my core?
15 days. I highly doubt they are going to let you keep the core long term. My advise is to return the core and if you do need a replacement for warranty work, you can typically get on forums for around $70. Or just eat the $120 for the peace of mind in the unlikely even that you will have warranty work that involves looking at the throttle body.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:49 PM   #270
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Got mine! Unfortunately with no garage and rain in the forecast the next few nights leaving the trunk unlatched and the battery disconnected won't be an option, but I'll be putting it on tonight anyway. Maybe over the long weekend I'll have eight continuous hours to wipe the ECU properly.

i wouldnt let that stop me..... just install it and drive... plenty of people have and suffered no ill effects.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:33 PM   #271
Lazerbrainz2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
i wouldnt let that stop me..... just install it and drive... plenty of people have and suffered no ill effects.
What I meant was I'd put it on immediately, enjoy it, then do the wipe later for a totally clean slate (even if the benefits at that point might be minor).

Which is what I'm doing - going out to install it now!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #272
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Nice

what is the weight of this TB?
(to bring it back with me in my Luggages...)

Tx
2 lb and 10 oz.

Thanks.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #273
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yes, you have 30 days after delivery to return your core for a refund, otherwise, we'll assume you decided to keep it and we'll use those funds to purchase a replacement for that core.

Please, understand that we need to keep that flow for the exchange program to work.

Thanks,
Old 07-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #274
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I ordered Friday night, when can I expect mine to be shipped? Do you have enough cores in stock now?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #275
Lazerbrainz2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I ordered Friday night, when can I expect mine to be shipped? Do you have enough cores in stock now?
I ordered Thursday morning, and it arrived this afternoon to PA near the Delaware border.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 PM   #276
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Mike, unfortunately, we don't have any. The first couple of weeks here at Camaro6, we saw many exchange orders in a very short period of time. That disrupted the flow of cores, now they are starting to come but still not enough to meet current demand.

We are not letting any open order age by more than 5 business days. If cores don't make it here within that time frame you'll get a brand new part at no extra cost to you.

It should all normalize soon when that first wave of order's cores get returned. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #277
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Mike, unfortunately, we don't have any. The first couple of weeks here at Camaro6, we saw many exchange orders in a very short period of time. That disrupted the flow of cores, now they are starting to come but still not enough to meet current demand.

We are not letting any open order age by more than 5 business days. If cores don't make it here within that time frame you'll get a brand new part at no extra cost to you.

It should all normalize soon when that first wave of order's cores get returned. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Yet, one more reason why Mike and his team are so great to work with. Anyone waiting for one should be aware of one thing.... It's well worth the wait!!! Congrats to all in limbo. Relief is on its way
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:54 AM   #278
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post

Thank you Mike! I’ll be anxiously awaiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Yet, one more reason why Mike and his team are so great to work with. Anyone waiting for one should be aware of one thing.... It's well worth the wait!!! Congrats to all in limbo. Relief is on its way
Old 07-02-2019, 06:09 AM   #279
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
According to USPS mine will be here tomorrow.
I'll get the core shipped back to you Mike by the weekend to help with flow.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #280
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I just got the e-mail that it has shipped! Thanks Mike! I hope to have it for the holiday weekend so I can do the reset and log some miles!