Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Boss 302 ring run .

This Boss 302 owner claims to run 8 min times at the Nurburgring. Never saw the 1LE run but this is the first S197 gen 2 I've seen at the ring, what do you think the 1LE would do. http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5033.0
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Not stock I see. Looks cool
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Didn't a stock SS run close to 8 minutes? I'm sure the 1LE would be able to do a sub 8 minute time for sure.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Didn't a stock SS run close to 8 minutes? I'm sure the 1LE would be able to do a sub 8 minute time for sure.
They ran a pre-production car there and got a 8:20. Rumour has it, the production car (with final suspension calibration) did it in 8:16. But those were with the FE3 tuning of the 2010s & 2011s. The 2012s+ have a slightly revised suspension with a few things picked up from the ZL1 development and to my knowledge, haven't been run at the Nurburgring. Likewise, the 1LE (with even more ZL1 derived revisions) hasn't been run.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
His time was "about" 8min and it was only BTG, a.k.a "Bridge To Gantry". All turist driving is done without the use of the long back straight and typically shortens the track times by anywhere from 25-40sec depending on how fast your car is. They measure from the first bridge to the last gantry right in the beginning of the long straight.

All official times from manufacturers, magazines etc are all full laps. 99% of the "private" lap times are so called BTG. There are a few track days where they use the full track, but they are hard to come by.

Going after the time in the video, he managed about 8.30min BTG which is still very fast for a non pro driver, great lap time! But he is about a min away from a full 8min lap, which is like comparing me to Usain Bolt in a 100 yard dash lol...

Damn I miss that place, can't wait to go back!
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
His time was "about" 8min and it was only BTG, a.k.a "Bridge To Gantry". All turist driving is done without the use of the long back straight and typically shortens the track times by anywhere from 25-40sec depending on how fast your car is. They measure from the first bridge to the last gantry right in the beginning of the long straight.

All official times from manufacturers, magazines etc are all full laps. 99% of the "private" lap times are so called BTG. There are a few track days where they use the full track, but they are hard to come by.

Going after the time in the video, he managed about 8.30min BTG which is still very fast for a non pro driver, great lap time! But he is about a min away from a full 8min lap, which is like comparing me to Usain Bolt in a 100 yard dash lol...

Damn I miss that place, can't wait to go back!
Yes but Eric don't you think there was quite a bit of traffic for a clean run. His time could've been faster. And yes that wasn't the full course. How slippery is the ring from your experience.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Yes but Eric don't you think there was quite a bit of traffic for a clean run. His time could've been faster. And yes that wasn't the full course. How slippery is the ring from your experience.
Oh for sure, I am sure he could have cut around 10-15sec with less traffic! He was definitely hauling the mail! But at least the sections where there was traffic were not the most important ones for lap times. My fastest lap time ever was in traffic, but I passed them at the right place and didn't really need to slow down. For me they helped by me wanting to push it a little harder and show them what's up

Slippery? Depends mostly on the weather, you can have sunshine on one side, rain on another and fog on yet another. The Ring is one of few tracks that can have all 4 seasons in one lap. Last time I was there it started to snow coming down the F1 straight on the GP track...no bs! Check out the photo below lol... and I was running on R-comps. Needles to say I swapped to standard street tires right after this photo was taken haha.

But when dry it offers a lot of traction, you learn where the slippery spots are with the old vs new tarmac that has been recently changed or repaved.

Those white dots are actual snow flakes, crazy!

Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Oh for sure, I am sure he could have cut around 10-15sec with less traffic! He was definitely hauling the mail! But at least the sections where there was traffic were not the most important ones for lap times. My fastest lap time ever was in traffic, but I passed them at the right place and didn't really need to slow down. For me they helped by me wanting to push it a little harder and show them what's up

Slippery? Depends mostly on the weather, you can have sunshine on one side, rain on another and fog on yet another. The Ring is one of few tracks that can have all 4 seasons in one lap. Last time I was there it started to snow coming down the F1 straight on the GP track...no bs! Check out the photo below lol... and I was running on R-comps. Needles to say I swapped to standard street tires right after this photo was taken haha.

But when dry it offers a lot of traction, you learn where the slippery spots are with the old vs new tarmac that has been recently changed or repaved.

Those white dots are actual snow flakes, crazy!

Pushing 911s on that surface requires lots of skill. However my SS with worn out Pirellis P zeros on similar surface in 30 degree temps was more comforting. These Camaros have more grip than many realize, when modded of course.