Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
Eric.18RS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Mbrp exhaust

I got a 2018 Camaro v6 with MBRP QUAD TIP AXLE-BACK EXHAUST and it sounds good and a good loud, but you think i should do a resonator delete with an x pipe? Not sure if it would sound better, I’m just back and fourth if i should keep the exhaust as is or do the resonator delete with a X pipe. Thanks !
Eric.18RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:31 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
From what I've heard the x-pipe will make it a little quieter, and possibly a tad less raspy like
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:31 AM   #3
Eric.18RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
From what I've heard the x-pipe will make it a little quieter, and possibly a tad less raspy like
Ahh alright so it’s better if i just keep the axle back then ?
Old 11-24-2020, 12:32 AM   #4
Could've_had_a_V8

Drives: 2016 RS V6 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.18RS View Post
I got a 2018 Camaro v6 with MBRP QUAD TIP AXLE-BACK EXHAUST and it sounds good and a good loud, but you think i should do a resonator delete with an x pipe? Not sure if it would sound better, I’m just back and fourth if i should keep the exhaust as is or do the resonator delete with a X pipe. Thanks !
I have an MBRP axle-back also. I deleted the stock resonator and put in a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe. It sounds wonderful. The tinny raspiness is now gone. Still plenty loud too.
Could've_had_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:45 AM   #5
HCI2000SS

Like mentioned above it takes out some of that raspy/tinny sound, but at the cost of a little volume. I honestly thought about doing this in addition to my Flowmaster axle back, but I don't want it any quieter than it is already.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #6
goingup

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Can someone advise me to which parts you would mean I need. I just purchased a 2020 v6 Camaro 1lt. I bought the MBRP dual exhaust axle back kit. I guess I rushed buying as I don't want the raspiness. So I would like to get this x-pipe but looking at all the options I'm confused as to which one is the one I want. Can someone advise me? Thank you
goingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #7
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingup View Post
Can someone advise me to which parts you would mean I need. I just purchased a 2020 v6 Camaro 1lt. I bought the MBRP dual exhaust axle back kit. I guess I rushed buying as I don't want the raspiness. So I would like to get this x-pipe but looking at all the options I'm confused as to which one is the one I want. Can someone advise me? Thank you
Just so you fully understand it won't be actually really raspy with just an axle back like this. The term gets misused a lot. By it's own nature the V6 has a more high pitched note (which sometimes can border on a slight raspiness at WOT) but it's not bad at all. It comes down to preference and matter of opinion I guess.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:58 AM   #8
Eric.18RS

Quote:
On my 2018 Camaro v6 i love the mbrp quad Axle Back it has a deep tone and it makes it sound nice and loud, you won’t be disappointed. But i just converted dual to quad, but my exhaust i just have an axle back on it
Old 12-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #9
goingup

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:18 PM   #10
goingup

I just had the MBRP axle back done and at idle its slightly louder. Better sound on acceleration and at higher speeds its loud. Still raspy and I want to get rid of that so I'm tempted to have the x-pipe installed. I have too add I purchased my car used and the engine blew. Long story short they installed a new motor but I have felt as if this motor sounds different. Much more tinny. I feel the first motor was deeper in sound. Can anyone say what would make the vehicle sound different. Only thing i know changed was the motor.

Last edited by goingup; 12-31-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #11
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I just had the MBRP axle back done and at idle its slightly louder. Better sound on acceleration and at higher speeds its loud. Still raspy and I want to get rid of that so I'm tempted to have the x-pipe installed. I have too add I purchased my car used and the engine blew. Long story short they installed a new motor but I have felt as if this motor sounds different. Much more tinny. I feel the first motor was deeper in sound. Can anyone say what would make the vehicle sound different. Only thing i know changed was the motor.
Nothing changed with the exhaust at all?
Old 12-31-2020, 04:30 PM   #12
goingup

Nothing that I'm aware. I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer over 200 miles away. Day I drove it home from purchase the engine spun the main bearing. Being warrantied completely I took it to a local Chevy Dealer whom I know and trust. But other than driving it home didn't have it long enough to go over in detail. They had it about three weeks and got it back. But upon getting it back noticed what I hear is a much different sound coming from the car more tinny or raspy. Yes I added the MBRP to the car. But now it just seems a louder tinny sound. Not what I remember driving home with it when purchased. I had hoped adding the MBRP it would've made the sound deeper. But it has not. So I'm wondering if they might have changed the exhaust manifold to something different with the engine swap or maybe the previous owner changed the throttle body and that made the system sound deeper.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:39 PM   #13
HCI2000SS

I'd first make sure nothing was changed on the exhaust. If that's not the issue the only thing that's off the top of my head is maybe the sound tube on the intake is missing the foam piece that reduces harsher type noises. You can easily check that
Old 12-31-2020, 04:44 PM   #14
goingup

When you say make sure both were changed...you mean the exhaust manifold?
Sound tube on the intake is missing the foam piece that reduces harsher type noises...sorry what is that?