Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #15
cryssm

Drives: Car
4100 miles
Old 07-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #16
Castillojp86
K-Camaro

Drives: 2016 V6 1LT
Castillojp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #17
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:07 AM   #18
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
3800 on my Ruby Red. She's doing just fine. I installed an oil catch can and emptied it a while ago and after about 1500 miles there was very little residue collected. My car runs great and is averaging 23 mpg over all of the miles with a high on the 25 mile mpg counter of 35.6. This in a car that ran the quarter in 12.08 seconds at over 115 mph. It's no surprise the 2016 Camaro is the MT Car of the Year.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:44 AM   #20
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
3800 on my Ruby Red. She's doing just fine. I installed an oil catch can and emptied it a while ago and after about 1500 miles there was very little residue collected. My car runs great and is averaging 23 mpg over all of the miles with a high on the 25 mile mpg counter of 35.6. This in a car that ran the quarter in 12.08 seconds at over 115 mph. It's no surprise the 2016 Camaro is the MT Car of the Year.
LGX......lol

Ive got right at 4000 on mine. Average MPG keeps climbing with each tank and Im sitting at 22.9 for this one. I don't drive easy by any stretch of the imagination as the sound of the exhaust is perfect.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #21
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
3800 on my Ruby Red. She's doing just fine. I installed an oil catch can and emptied it a while ago and after about 1500 miles there was very little residue collected.

Which catch can do you have installed? eBay special like mine or something else?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #22
flex23

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
140 miles
flex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #23
adrian1996
@mart_add

Drives: 2016 1LT Camaro
Quote:
which catch can are you using, cant seem to find any.
adrian1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #24
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
For your LGX Elite Engineering's latest E2 or the E2-X system w/clean side unit is designed for the GDI engines that cannot tolerate ANY oil ingestion.

To install a "cheap" can that only traps a small amount of the oil and other combustion by-products that create these coking deposits will do little to prevent this, and many do not realize that this hard crystalline deposits are also wearing the valve guides prematurely as they are drawn into the softer guide with each cycle.

Aside form the coking, you need to be aware of what Polynesian Powerhouse explains. Oils have varying abilities to contain contaminates and other combustion by-products.

Add the additional amount of fuel and abrasive particulate matter entering past the rings due to the higher cylinder pressures of a 11.5:1 CR engine and fuel introduced at 2,000-3,000 PSI and you are over loading the engine oil on short order. 10k oil changes, even with a premium full synthetic (never run cheap syn blends!!!) are not recommended as the engine oils are generally only able to protect properly for 1/2 that period (no matter what the owners manual claims.

Then always run a top tier fuel. This does nothing to prevent or clean valves as no fuel touches them now, but is critical in keeping injectors from fouling and adding to the fuel wash down issues all GDI engines experience.

Do NOT ever use a solvent based engine running upper induction cleaning!! These are fine for the "soft carbon" of engines past, but as no fuel showers the valves any longer they operate at far higher temps and the coking is a very hard abrasive deposit that acts similar to pouring some sand in the intake as these smaller hard particles scour both pistons and cylinder walls.

The Elite E2 and E2-X system does something few others can duplicate, and that is it provides crankcase evacuation (removal) of these blow-by compounds before they can settle and mix with the engine oil. How does it do this? By utilizing a secondary evacuation suction source when intake manifold vacuum drops to zero during acceleration and wide open throttle (from cam lobe overlap reversion pulses) so the incoming contaminates don;t get a chance to settle into the engine oil. The special billet checkvalves will automatically default to the strongest suction source so the crankcase is evacuated at all times. Then take the separation effectiveness (test against ANY can on the market...most only trap a small portion of this, no matter how expensive or the brand name....see for yourself if there is any question). The E2-X, traps 95% plus of all of this mix of contaminates and oil mist (only a small amount of what the E2-X and E2 cans trap is oil. They are so effective they also trap most of the contaminates present as well) so only cleaned vapors enter your intake air charge. Combined with the Elite billet cleanside separator and you have a complete system addressing all aspects of this ingestion.

Not only will your engine last longer and wear less, it will continue to run well for far longer and get better fuel economy by reducing the knock retard caused by this ingestion as well.

Think another can is a good solution? Again, try our "catchcan effectiveness test" and see first hand how little most actually trap of the total.

We have systems for the 2.oT L4 engine, the LGX V6, and the LT1 GDI V8 specifically designed to outperform and better protect than any others. Questions? Just ask. We have a commitment to educate owners of these "new" engines on how to properly care for them.

Do it once, do it right, Elite Engineering USA
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #25
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
For your LGX Elite Engineering's latest E2 or the E2-X system w/clean side unit is designed for the GDI engines that cannot tolerate ANY oil ingestion.

To install a "cheap" can that only traps a small amount of the oil and other combustion by-products that create these coking deposits will do little to prevent this, and many do not realize that this hard crystalline deposits are also wearing the valve guides prematurely as they are drawn into the softer guide with each cycle.

Aside form the coking, you need to be aware of what Polynesian Powerhouse explains. Oils have varying abilities to contain contaminates and other combustion by-products.

Add the additional amount of fuel and abrasive particulate matter entering past the rings due to the higher cylinder pressures of a 11.5:1 CR engine and fuel introduced at 2,000-3,000 PSI and you are over loading the engine oil on short order. 10k oil changes, even with a premium full synthetic (never run cheap syn blends!!!) are not recommended as the engine oils are generally only able to protect properly for 1/2 that period (no matter what the owners manual claims.

Then always run a top tier fuel. This does nothing to prevent or clean valves as no fuel touches them now, but is critical in keeping injectors from fouling and adding to the fuel wash down issues all GDI engines experience.

Do NOT ever use a solvent based engine running upper induction cleaning!! These are fine for the "soft carbon" of engines past, but as no fuel showers the valves any longer they operate at far higher temps and the coking is a very hard abrasive deposit that acts similar to pouring some sand in the intake as these smaller hard particles scour both pistons and cylinder walls.

The Elite E2 and E2-X system does something few others can duplicate, and that is it provides crankcase evacuation (removal) of these blow-by compounds before they can settle and mix with the engine oil. How does it do this? By utilizing a secondary evacuation suction source when intake manifold vacuum drops to zero during acceleration and wide open throttle (from cam lobe overlap reversion pulses) so the incoming contaminates don;t get a chance to settle into the engine oil. The special billet checkvalves will automatically default to the strongest suction source so the crankcase is evacuated at all times. Then take the separation effectiveness (test against ANY can on the market...most only trap a small portion of this, no matter how expensive or the brand name....see for yourself if there is any question). The E2-X, traps 95% plus of all of this mix of contaminates and oil mist (only a small amount of what the E2-X and E2 cans trap is oil. They are so effective they also trap most of the contaminates present as well) so only cleaned vapors enter your intake air charge. Combined with the Elite billet cleanside separator and you have a complete system addressing all aspects of this ingestion.

Not only will your engine last longer and wear less, it will continue to run well for far longer and get better fuel economy by reducing the knock retard caused by this ingestion as well.

Think another can is a good solution? Again, try our "catchcan effectiveness test" and see first hand how little most actually trap of the total.

We have systems for the 2.oT L4 engine, the LGX V6, and the LT1 GDI V8 specifically designed to outperform and better protect than any others. Questions? Just ask. We have a commitment to educate owners of these "new" engines on how to properly care for them.

Do it once, do it right, Elite Engineering USA
With the LGX having two hoses feeding off the intake tube... the larger single one and the smaller triple feed.

Have you all installed one on an lgx, and which area or side did you tap I?

Any pics or vids?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #26
pjz1082

Elite Engineering- can you please provide some part numbers for the V6 LGX? Also, any instructions on how to install? Before joining this forum, I had never even heard of a catch can so please keep the info coming. Thanks in advance!
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #27
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
800-ish loving every second of it!
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #28
cellsafemode

I've yet to see any catch cans effective at removing carbon without this carbon being dissolved in oil and I haven't really been seeing any oil in my lgx's intake. Show me some evidence on the lgx of catch can efficacy. All we've really seen is oil in intakes of the V8, other engines, or nothing at all.

I'll be close to 400 miles on my catch can this sunday and I'll check if it's showing signs of anything collecting in it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote