Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #15
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilllerKc View Post
Hc1200ss... Thanks for helping. Want to keep it around a thousand for now.
There’s air intake, tuning, torque converter, exhaust, supercharging. All of those are under 1k except supercharging
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:56 AM   #16
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
From moding my 16 RS these are some of the best mods I've done so far:

- Swap rear diff for on out of a 2
0 turbo manual. Gives you 3.23 hearing with limited slip diff.
- Performance tune. I'm running a Trifecta tune but Overkill is supposedly great as well. This is needed for the above item.
- JMS throttle controller with knob. I loveine even on top of the tune.
- BMR sway bars. 0 body roll.
- Ported throttle body
- Alcatra steering wheel and interior accents (from a 50th anniversary edition). Just feels awesome.
- LED rear lights and side markers. They just look so much better and are brother.
- Debadge all the trim. I think it looks clean.
- Cat back exhaust (I did a Borla S-Type but this is personal preference)

I've done a bunch of other things but these are some I really liked the most.

Hope it helps.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #17
S.Macias
Monterey County Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro
For ideas you can always check out my build page https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575560

I don't list my engine mods because living in California your not suppose to have anything. But I will comment that an air intake, new exhaust, larger ported throttle bottle, and a tune from Overkill would be a good starting place. The first two, depending on what you go with, should put you at about $1,000.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Macias View Post
For ideas you can always check out my build page https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575560

I don't list my engine mods because living in California your not suppose to have anything. But I will comment that an air intake, new exhaust, larger ported throttle bottle, and a tune from Overkill would be a good starting place. The first two, depending on what you go with, should put you at about $1,000.
You have a great build, S.Macias I know you already replaced the halogen bulbs up front, but have you considered these Morimoto headlights? They would be an awesome complement IMO.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:05 PM   #19
S.Macias
Monterey County Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You have a great build, S.Macias I know you already replaced the halogen bulbs up front, but have you considered these Morimoto headlights? They would be an awesome complement IMO.

I had, and also something from Spyder which was 1/3 the price. The only thing that prevented me from doing it was taking off the front. I did it once, did it twice, and that was enough.

I ended up getting the tint from BigWormGraphix and the LED kit from Kensun. I wanted to keep the original housing since it has Camaro written in front of the turn signal and I kind of liked it.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:42 AM   #20
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilllerKc View Post
Hello to all. My 1st post here. Am seeing this forum is the same as corvette forum.
My Vette burned up last year. So I bought this camaro with the performance package.
Don't know if there is anything that I can do.?
Was thinking throttle cpu upgrade. But don't know if it will do any good.
Looking forward to hearing what you all think. Thanks in advance...

Cold air intake, ported 80ml TB from Overkill, ported intake manifold from Jacfab, & Overkill tune to 93 or E85. This combination will get you 40-50 HP. mine definitely feels like a different car now. I have a manual so no torque converter and already has the E-LSD. you're looking at about $1700 to do all 4 at once though.
mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #21
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
If you were strictly looking for a performance increase with your Camaro I would recommend you go for a tune first and you can't go wrong with a Custom tune from Trifecta for your 6th Gen V6. If you wanted to change how your exhaust sounds then you have a ton of options to choose from but I would recommend one of the MBRP systems since they market their systems to give the performance you need at the right price.

If you're looking to upgrade the look of your Camaro then new HERO head lights and side markers will really be an eye catcher.

-Trae
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote