Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #29
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Such a loss, 1978, I was 14 at a friends house, the needle dropped on VH1, my mind was forever blown! It was like nothing else on earth at the time.

I have seen them multiple times over the years, truly a marvel live.

I build and play guitars today because of him. One of a kind, long live the King!
Remember that too it was quite the debut album

My GF at the time was gaga over DLR back then

Seen them twice with DLR never seen Sammy only with Montrose
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The thing about Van Halen is that their formula was to make hard rock FUN! You had Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and the like that came out of the 70s which was all about the occult, death, mysticism, dark and mysterious bands. Then when Van Halen hit, they took those exploding bass and drums and Eddie's shredding guitar and put them to songs about hot girls, fast cars, and just having a blast in life. They wore bright colors and were always smiling and laughing while completely blowing you away. You put on one of their albums and it made your day.

Or as Dave put it, their sound was meant to spill out off of your turntable and ruin the rest of your records!
Plus, not only was he shredding that guitar, he was shredding Valerie Bertinelli when she was at her hottest!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #31
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Plus, not only was he shredding that guitar, he was shredding Valerie Bertinelli when she was at her hottest!
She's still good lookin. I watch her cooking show on the Food Channel Sunday mornings...... yummy. And the food looks good too!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #32
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The thing about Van Halen is that their formula was to make hard rock FUN! You put on one of their albums and it made your day.
:
TOTALLY AGREE! As a huge SAB and ZEP fan there were times that I needed something different. Listening to VH made you smile and think the rest of your life was going to be one big keg party with your best buds. I would agree (as others have said) that they kicked the door open and helped usher in the fun-time '80s hair band scene.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #33
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
TOTALLY AGREE! As a huge SAB and ZEP fan there were times that I needed something different. Listening to VH made you smile and think the rest of your life was going to be one big keg party with your best buds. I would agree (as others have said) that they kicked the door open and helped usher in the fun-time '80s hair band scene.
You just feel like you're in a t-top TransAm with a couple of blondes and a 6 pack cruising the Pacific coastline on a sunny 75 degree day when you listen to them.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #34
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Just had to say, I drove the Camaro to work yesterday which I rarely do just because it was a nice sunny day, and I brought my VHI CD. On my way home I'm blasting it with the sunroof and windows open and realized, I'm in my Camaro blasting Van Halen. Feels like 1989 all over again riding in my friend's Camaro blasting Van Halen.

Got a few thumbs up and \nn/ from people too.