Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2022, 12:05 AM   #1
4thGenSSGuy

Drives: Camaro
Exclamation ZL1 Market Speculation

I'm searching too long for a 2017 to 2021 Automatic/Moon Roof ZL1.

Craigslist Florida has nothing.

All the other websites are slim pickings.

No interest buying from a dealer.

The market seems terrible for a buyer the last 2 years.

Also Corvettes.

Comments?

* Admins: Reposting this here. Apologies for any wrong doing.
4thGenSSGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:58 AM   #2
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
The c8 corvette market is FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKEEEDDDD. I was hoping to get one, but even used ones are selling over $100k. If I could get one for msrp, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I think there's like a 2 year wait at this point. Ridiculous.

I'm ordering a zl1 instead
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 05:32 AM   #3
CruiznZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Join all the facebook Camaro pages/groups. Seen a few on there.
CruiznZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
OP, if you've never used Autotempest, it might be worth an hour of your time:

https://www.autotempest.com/results?...=ZL1&zip=45230
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
The c8 corvette market is FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKEEEDDDD. I was hoping to get one, but even used ones are selling over $100k. If I could get one for msrp, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I think there's like a 2 year wait at this point. Ridiculous.

I'm ordering a zl1 instead
found a 1lt for 89k but the dealer sucks!!!!! its used so 30k over new msrp and they want 10k over msrp for a new zl1 1le and they offered me 24k under retail for my trade!! get bent!
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:45 AM   #6
KaMaRow

Drives: 2022 ZL1
All I can say is dont give up. I trade cars regular. I lucked out on a C8 as I seem to do on all cars. everyone else crazy and cant find one I just walked into a dealer and there sat the exact one i wanted and at msrp because a guy backed out of buying it 30 mins earlier. so home it went. I bought it for right at 89k I just sold it to a dealer for 102K (that was their offer I didn't ask that for it) they now have it for sale for 117K so yes its F"ed up.

IN line with my luck of cars they also had a ZL1 coming no one knew about and was no spoken for and I am now buying that for again MSRP no mark up. I decided to buy one because if you read the internet enough it looks fairly certain come 2024 most every v8 option and these big boy motors are all going bye bye from every manufacturer. As much as we love them in the grand car manufacturing business these cars make no money at least not enough to keep whole assembly lines and factories for them when you can make suvs and trucks on those lines. These cars only account for 1.6% of the market thats nothing, and of that the manual transmission market is basically non existent in the US any more. Put that all together and I wouldnt wait or be too picky about a v8 if you want one soon. Times up for these cars as we know them.

Ill also add the reason I have luck finding cars is becasue I DO NOT USE THE INTERNET OR THE PHONE. I go to the dearlerships. I spend a lot of time going around to dealerships. The dealerships do not care about someone on the phone they want you in the dealership. I would of not found the ZL1 if I had not gone into the dealership and asked as it was not on the web, the salesmen knew nothing about it coming. I asked the dealership manager and he knew one was being built. Same with finding the C8 if I had called I would of been told nothing , it wasnt on their web site. The timing was perfect and wouldnt have happened if I wasnt right there in the dealership. Personal Opinion but I think for alot of people they cant find things because they rely to much on tech to tell them. There is alot to be said and had for just going to a store and asking in person. If you are there you are a potential sale right then. some one on the phone is not and most times just a bother and they get treated as such.

Another example. not car related to to prove my point. PS5 and Xbox X if you have kids you know what IM talking about. I called and called and watched the internet with no luck. I decided to follow my own advice and GO TO THE STORES. It took me 2 days and 4 stores but I had both fairly easy. Just get off the internet and phones and finding things is simpler then you think.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:48 AM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I havent seen a single used ZL1 worth buying, when prices for new are the same as used...I just dont understand who is buying these cars.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:52 AM   #8
KaMaRow

Oh I will also add using chevy website inventory finder to find a ZL1 is pointless. every member of this forum and every other Chevy group also uses it. so when you call any of those dealers about a ZL1 you can bet 500 other people have also called about it again just go to the dealer ask about allotments. you have to find one they know is coming before it hits that chevy inventory . thats how I found mine it was being built and has not been put into chevys inventory yet so no one knew about it yet to call about it.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #9
KaMaRow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I havent seen a single used ZL1 worth buying, when prices for new are the same as used...I just dont understand who is buying these cars.
I personally wont buy a used muscle car anyway. You know the person who bought that car and as soon as they knew they were trading it lived with the pedal to the floor the whole time till it was sold. And superchargers are not cheap to fix later.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:55 AM   #10
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
no one which is why ive seen the same car pop up on 10 different sites being for sale like a zl1 1le for 95k thats going no where fast.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:20 AM   #11
CruiznZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
People who are impatient would be my guess. If I want a car today used might be the only option. We all know how the ordering process is going these days...
CruiznZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #12
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
I personally wont buy a used muscle car anyway. You know the person who bought that car and as soon as they knew they were trading it lived with the pedal to the floor the whole time till it was sold. And superchargers are not cheap to fix later.
You think that every owner of a muscle car just floors it every where they go is arrogant. I see people in eco cars and trucks flooring it more than the muscle car people.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #13
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
For what it's worth, the supercharger is damn near the only major drivetrain component that you can't tear up by dogging the hell out of the car.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #14
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
You think that every owner of a muscle car just floors it every where they go is arrogant. I see people in eco cars and trucks flooring it more than the muscle car people.
Sorry, have to agree that people with the uber-muscle version of these cars like Hellcats, ZL1s and GT 500s do tend to floor it a lot more than most drivers at least where I live. I have ZLE and I notice it.

Standard muscle cars like Mustang GTs and Camaro SS not as much, but the supercharged power seems to be too much to resist for most young guys driving these cars. You hear them all day from miles away with modded exhausts.

If Eco cars are "flooring it" as much or more I dont know if I'd notice due to the unimpressive acceleration and quiet exhaust of most, the Tesla P100+ and Plaid owners are not flooring it much... there are many more than Hellcats in my neighborhood and I would notice as they passed me in blur.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote