Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2022, 10:58 AM   #1
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Upgrade to ZL1 or supercharge the 2SS 1LE

So I have enjoyed my 2SS 1LE since I have had it for the last few months. I took it to a dealership yesterday for the 1 free maintenance deal after passing the break in period. While there the sales manager came to me asking me a few questions about how I like the car and so forth. After a few minutes of dialog he asked me would I be interested in a ZL1. Of course I would be and then he offered me 64300 for my car. Now I didn't do mothing special to my car but his thing was the waiting list for 2SS is very long and it would be a hot sale if they could get one in. So it would be a win for the both of us.

My question to the forum is would you go for this deal? I mean the 2SS is basically a ZL1 minus the supercharger so why not just supercharge it yourself? It would be cheaper for me to do that than pay the extra 20k for a ZLE and to have the same vehicle. I mean you do go to an LT4 engine but that's not that pressing to me.
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
I would sell them the 2SS 1LE in a second for $64k. I know yours is a 2022, but I have had a 2021 2SS 1LE listed on here on sale for a bit. Only 150 miles on it and pretty loaded (no sunroof or PDR). Only one person inquired about it. I was asking $53 and lowered to $52. The 1LE is not impossible to find but not easy to locate either. You can order one, I did but took almost 8 months to get. 2/21-9/21 ordered and delivery.

If you do not mind sharing who the dealer is, I would like to check them out about selling them mine ((have a ZL1 on order). Edmunds and KBB are all in the $52-$56 range for my car value. Vroom, Carvana, and Autonation all have buy it now offers to me from $44,500 to $47,000. Highest was Driveway at $49,000. I just do not think they are factoring in the 1LE package.

Best of luck either way.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
So I have enjoyed my 2SS 1LE since I have had it for the last few months. I took it to a dealership yesterday for the 1 free maintenance deal after passing the break in period. While there the sales manager came to me asking me a few questions about how I like the car and so forth. After a few minutes of dialog he asked me would I be interested in a ZL1. Of course I would be and then he offered me 64300 for my car. Now I didn't do mothing special to my car but his thing was the waiting list for 2SS is very long and it would be a hot sale if they could get one in. So it would be a win for the both of us.

My question to the forum is would you go for this deal? I mean the 2SS is basically a ZL1 minus the supercharger so why not just supercharge it yourself? It would be cheaper for me to do that than pay the extra 20k for a ZLE and to have the same vehicle. I mean you do go to an LT4 engine but that's not that pressing to me.
If you can get the ZL1 at sticker or less take the trade for sure… supercharging an SS can open up a whole can of worms for sure…trust me on that one. LOL
Old 03-06-2022, 01:35 PM   #4
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
I say do it. I did the same thing except went from a LT1 to ZLE. LT1 was paid off and had plans to throw a supercharger on it but being a Cali resident and CARB, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go down that road again. I got my A10 ZLE for MSRP plus an extra $750 off and am so glad I did it. The jump from the SS 1LE to the ZL1 isn't as drastic as the jump I did but if you plan on supercharging the SS and with what they are offering you, I say do it.

Last edited by sactownbwoy; 03-06-2022 at 05:37 PM.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I would sell them the 2SS 1LE in a second for $64k. I know yours is a 2022, but I have had a 2021 2SS 1LE listed on here on sale for a bit. Only 150 miles on it and pretty loaded (no sunroof or PDR). Only one person inquired about it. I was asking $53 and lowered to $52. The 1LE is not impossible to find but not easy to locate either. You can order one, I did but took almost 8 months to get. 2/21-9/21 ordered and delivery.

If you do not mind sharing who the dealer is, I would like to check them out about selling them mine ((have a ZL1 on order). Edmunds and KBB are all in the $52-$56 range for my car value. Vroom, Carvana, and Autonation all have buy it now offers to me from $44,500 to $47,000. Highest was Driveway at $49,000. I just do not think they are factoring in the 1LE package.

Best of luck either way.
Not trying to be funny but I don't want to mess up my deal but I have until Wednesday to get back to them. If I don't accept I'll share that info with you then.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:00 PM   #6
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you can get the ZL1 at sticker or less take the trade for sure… supercharging an SS can open up a whole can of worms for sure…trust me on that one. LOL
I see from your description below you went all out on your upgrades. Me if I do go that route just supercharger, longtubes and CAI. National Speed has a package with just the supercharger for 11,699 and throwing in the headers with that should get me to a price of 14k. Not going to do much more than that. I just want to reach or surpass the same output as the ZL1 and that will get me there and save me a few bucks.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownbwoy View Post
I say do it. I did the same thing except went from a LT1 to ZLE. LT1 was paid off and had plans to throw a supercharger on it but being a Cali resident and CARB, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go down that road again. I got my A10 ZLE for MSRP plus an extra $750 and am so glad I did it. The jump from the SS 1LE to the ZL1 isn't as drastic as the jump I did but if you plan on supercharging the SS and with what they are offering you, I say do it.
I'm considering it...........
Old 03-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #8
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I have a very hard time believing they would give you $64,000 for a SS 1LE. Perhaps they’re just telling you that to get you interested. If you said he offered $54,000 for you car that would be a little more believable.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:14 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
I see from your description below you went all out on your upgrades. Me if I do go that route just supercharger, longtubes and CAI. National Speed has a package with just the supercharger for 11,699 and throwing in the headers with that should get me to a price of 14k. Not going to do much more than that. I just want to reach or surpass the same output as the ZL1 and that will get me there and save me a few bucks.
SS driveshaft is weaker, axle half shafts are weaker, injectors are smaller, HPFP is smaller, in tank fuel pump is smaller, pistons are weaker... get my drift?

I bought an SS as I thought I was just going to do bolt ons too... lol
Old 03-07-2022, 07:53 AM   #10
Kblanton2

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Jeep Gladiator Willys
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I have a very hard time believing they would give you $64,000 for a SS 1LE. Perhaps they’re just telling you that to get you interested. If you said he offered $54,000 for you car that would be a little more believable.
This!
Kblanton2 is offline   Reply With Quote