Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #29
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I went to Chevy's actual website and built a Z71. Unless Chevrolet is lying...it stickered for ~$38,500 (Z71 Package, V6, quad cab, performance exhaust, bed liner, tonneau cover, Bose stereo, etc.). With all the off-road tech this ZR2 is packing, it will be shocking if this thing is not in the neighborhood of $50k.
$50k for a Raptor? Perhaps a used one. If you want one fresh off of the lot, you're looking at $60-65k.
The 2017:

Maybe you won't find one at that price.....

I think Chevy is in a rough place here.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #30
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Nice off road package like it..cost will be the factor
Old 11-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #31
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
they are saying $40k?

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-...t-ride-review/

hits all the marks for me, so im def grabbing a duramax
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #32
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
The 2017:

Maybe you won't find one at that price.....

I think Chevy is in a rough place here.
Raptors bring a premium!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...&numRecords=25

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".

Last edited by DRKS1D3; 11-17-2016 at 02:46 PM.
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:03 PM   #33
6spdhyperblue

price the raptor with at least the first bundle package 501a or whatever.

the prices you're listing is basically a stripped truck. no sliding back window, no nothing. take a look for yourself. then think hey im spending $50k and for another $6500 i can at least have some normal options. and thats not fully loaded at all you need to go 502a and that unlocks options such as lane keep and heated steering wheel. you still need to buy that

the cheapest 2door raptor i would buy is $56,000 which includes my must have options are: 501a, front locker, remote start. .
i cant justify spending $50k and not spending the little extra to get those necessity options, thats coming from someone that bought a 1SS.

-

options i want that are BLOCKED unless you go 502a($9000) then you can add them: pwr folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, lane keep

then the expense of driving the thing on premium 15city 18 highway with the A10...thats like another $10k in gas over 150k miles...how do you not get 20-21 mpg highway? wtf were they thinking
Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #34
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
This ZR2 is not meant to compete against the Raptor but more against the Tacoma TRD Pro. Both trucks come with coilover suspension with external reservoirs with a lift, skid plates, offroad extras, but I think the ZR2 has the edge where you can get one with a Duramax Diesel motor. They will be priced similarly I believe.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #35
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
This ZR2 is not meant to compete against the Raptor but more against the Tacoma TRD Pro. Both trucks come with coilover suspension with external reservoirs with a lift, skid plates, offroad extras, but I think the ZR2 has the edge where you can get one with a Duramax Diesel motor. They will be priced similarly I believe.
I can also see some people who have been impatiently waiting for a diesel Wrangler getting one of these.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #36
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I can also see some people who have been impatiently waiting for a diesel Wrangler getting one of these.
Had a 7 month wait for my diesel first time around ... One of the first couple in Canada; hopefully people won't have to wait that long for this one
On a side note: I've currently have over 26,000km on the diesel and it hasn't hiccuped once
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #37
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I went to Chevy's actual website and built a Z71. Unless Chevrolet is lying...it stickered for ~$38,500 (Z71 Package, V6, quad cab, performance exhaust, bed liner, tonneau cover, Bose stereo, etc.). With all the off-road tech this ZR2 is packing, it will be shocking if this thing is not in the neighborhood of $50k.
Extended Cab (which is what I would choose to replace my current ZR2) V6 4x4 Z71 with trailer package is 34K. Performance exhaust is a joke, as is paying for Chevy's bedliner, and tonneau cover. Get a Rhino bedliner and a Pace Edwards jackrabbit tonneau cover which is far superior than what GM offers if you want that. Bose speaker.. meh.

So if a 4x4 Z71 already costs 34K, how much more is a ZR2? What else do you need to sub? The front dif is different, bit beefier suspension, better shocks, and better skid plates.. (I do not like that a skid plate is missing for the transmission.) Some additional selectable 4x4 options, some minor ascetic differences, and relocation of the spare.(which I hope is optional)

What is that worth? I say 5K. And that's why I believe the ZR2 will start under 40K. Can you option it higher, absolutely.

And FYI.. The ZR2 option for the S10 was $1750 back in the day.

My 2 cents.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:00 AM   #38
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Extended Cab (which is what I would choose to replace my current ZR2) V6 4x4 Z71 with trailer package is 34K. Performance exhaust is a joke, as is paying for Chevy's bedliner, and tonneau cover. Get a Rhino bedliner and a Pace Edwards jackrabbit tonneau cover which is far superior than what GM offers if you want that. Bose speaker.. meh.

So if a 4x4 Z71 already costs 34K, how much more is a ZR2? What else do you need to sub? The front dif is different, bit beefier suspension, better shocks, and better skid plates.. (I do not like that a skid plate is missing for the transmission.) Some additional selectable 4x4 options, some minor ascetic differences, and relocation of the spare.(which I hope is optional)

What is that worth? I say 5K. And that's why I believe the ZR2 will start under 40K. Can you option it higher, absolutely.

My 2 cents.
I agree with you on the GM installed options being more or less, a joke. I was simply trying to option out a Z71 with as many extras as possible, just to see what they sticker for in reference to the potential price of a ZR2. Instead of exhaust, tonneau, Bose, bed liner, etc. on the Z71, the ZR2 would have similarly priced standard equipment in order to speculate an MSRP on it. Take the money from the exhaust, tonneau and Bose and figure that total may equal the cost of the wheel, tire and optional bed-mounted spare. Either way, I see this truck starting at $45k (stripped), with the option to deck it out to the tune of >$50k.
As for the ZR2 option being $1,750.00 from years '94-'04, that was a long time ago. Also, the ZR2 was not as high-tech as this new model (the old ZR2 received a boxed frame, 31" tires, 3" lift, a 3.73 rear and a few other odds and ends).
However it happens to play out, I hope they make it affordable. The prices of vehicles are outrageous these days.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".

Last edited by DRKS1D3; 11-18-2016 at 07:24 AM.
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #39
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
price the raptor with at least the first bundle package 501a or whatever.

the prices you're listing is basically a stripped truck. no sliding back window, no nothing. take a look for yourself. then think hey im spending $50k and for another $6500 i can at least have some normal options. and thats not fully loaded at all you need to go 502a and that unlocks options such as lane keep and heated steering wheel. you still need to buy that

the cheapest 2door raptor i would buy is $56,000 which includes my must have options are: 501a, front locker, remote start. .
i cant justify spending $50k and not spending the little extra to get those necessity options, thats coming from someone that bought a 1SS.

-

options i want that are BLOCKED unless you go 502a($9000) then you can add them: pwr folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, lane keep

then the expense of driving the thing on premium 15city 18 highway with the A10...thats like another $10k in gas over 150k miles...how do you not get 20-21 mpg highway? wtf were they thinking
It runs on 87 FWIW. Mine got built in october and it's still sitting in Dearborn.

This truck is cool and it competes with the Tacoma TRD for sure. The Raptor is in another class. Notice I didn't say better, I just said a different class.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #40
6spdhyperblue

imo i think raptor is better, but its way more expensive and parking a full-size in manhattan is a problem. do you have anything to support the 87 octane claim?

i think the TRD pro is a ripoff, you can do way better for less by doing coilovers and UCA. it doesnt have widebody or anything hard to do better aftermarket.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #41
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post

My 2 cents.
The cross members do a decent job of protecting the transmission in stock form... The transmisson sits much higher than the these, although without the skid plate there is always a chance:
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #42
Corner carver

The GM spray in bed liner is worth every penny IMO
Much better attention to detail than 4/5 spray ins I've seen (especially ones done after the fact)
Attached Images