Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
A Guide to the Subforums of Camaro6

Now that Camaro6 is filling out a bit, its about time to clarify what each subforum is for. Under each forum group heading is the sub-forum (with link), Trans quick description, and my own more detailed explanation if the title & quick description aren't quite enough.

Camaro6 is still growing and there will be more sections added, probably some re-organizing of the forum groups, and sub-sub forums. I'll try to keep things up to date, but don't be surprised if this guide gets a few days or weeks (or months ...) out of date.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
General Camaro Forums
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2016 Camaro: 6th Gen General Discussions
General 6th Gen talk not covered by other subforums

General Discussion, the most misunderstood section of any forum. If something doesn't fit into a category we already have, post it here. So don't ask about what headers you should buy, or what polish we recommend, or talk about your lost dog. Those threads belong elsewhere. But if its a piece of 6th Gen Camaro news, or a general question about the car feel free to post it here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ZL1 Discussions
Discussions relating to ZL1

Anything specifically about the supercharged beast known as the ZL1.

Z/28 Discussions
Discussions relating to Z/28

Talk & speculation about an unconfirmed future high-performance variant of the 6th Gen, presumably badged as a Z/28.

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery
Media Section

If you've got some pictures or video to share featuring the 6th gen, post them here.

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions
Discuss pricing, ordering, tracking, and dealer experiences

For those that have questions about the ordering process, or want to see how their car is progressing through all the different stages, this is the place to go.

6th Gen Camaro Vs ...
Discussions comparing 6th gen Camaro to competitors. ** NO STREET RACING TALK **

Have a buddy that wants to race you, and you're not sure how you'd stack up? This is the place. Also for more ... theoretical ... bench racing for those that are curious as to how the Camaro stacks up against other cars. Do not post street racing stories. Do not post street racing videos.

Member Car Journals
Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Regional Forums

This is entirely made up of subforms. If you questions specific to your area, have a regional owners club, or a local event talk about it here. Occasionally large events will be drawing on people from neighbouring regions so don't forget to periodically check out whats going on in the surrounding area too. Also a good place to hang out and talk about local 'off topic' items.

Specific Packaged / Variants

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6th Gen Camaro 1LE
General discussions for the 6th gen 1LE.

For the 6th gen, GM has expanded the 1LE from just being available on the SS to offering it for the V6 and ZL1s as well.

6th Gen Camaro Convertible
For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions

Most of these are fairly self explanatory, so I'll let the title & description do the work for me here

V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons
Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Forced Induction Discussions
Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Transmissions
Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing
Discussions on mechanical maintenance and servicing of your Camaro

Tuning / Diagnostics
Tuning and diagnostics discussions.

Technical Camaro Topics

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls
Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

If there is something wrong with your car, please search this forum first before posting your question.

Wheels | Tires
Wheels & tires section

Anything related to wheels and/or tires. If you'd like to know what sized wheels and drag radials you can fit, or what brand of winter tires you should buy this is the place to be.

Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
Discussion on brakes, suspension, and chassis.

The go-to place for improving the handling of your Camaro. Also helpful for learning about how the suspension works, and what the different parts and upgrades are supposed to do.

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics
Everything related to A/V, bluetooth, navigation and other electronics

In-car electronics, whether its from the factory or an aftermarket setup.

Cosmetics Modifications (exterior and interior)
Discuss cosmetic modifications to the exterior or interior.

To some, changing how your car looks is almost as important as changing how it performs, if not more so. Here you can find anything you want to know about cosmetic mods for your Camaro

Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Want to know what polish works best? Not sure what a clay bar is or how to use it? Trying to get rid of swirl marks? Look for it in here

Dragstrip and Launching Discussion
1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, launch discussions.

How to drive fast in a straight line

Roadcourse/Track and Autocross
For road course/track and autocross discussions.

How to drive fast when there are twists and turns

Camaro DIY & How-to Instructions & Discussions
All DIY projects & discussions

Instructions and advice for people that want to do their maintenance, repairs, or mods by themselves.

Marketplace

Want to know what's available from our vendors, or looking to get rid of your factory wheels, or trying to get a deal on some 'previously enjoyed' items from one of our members? Check out the Camaro6 marketplace.

Sponsors Classifieds
All sponsors classifieds. (Camaro6 is not responsible for transactions made between vendors and members).

*Important Note* This section is for site sponsors ONLY. Regular members CANNOT post new threads here. Please use the Members Classifieds section if you have something you're trying to sell**

Members Classifieds
All car related items for sale or wanted (Camaro6 is not responsible for transactions made between members).

If you're trying to sell something, or if you're looking to buy please use the Members Classifieds section.

Members Area

A collection of sub-forums shared between Camaro5 & Camaro6.

Camaro Fest Discussions
All talk related to the upcoming/current Camaro Fest

Every year (more or less), we like to hold a huge gathering of Camaro enthusiasts. A multi day event with vendors, drag racing, autocross, a car show, and nightly parking lot parties.
New Member Introductions
New members, come introduce yourselves here!

General Automotive + Other Cars
Come chat about other cars.

Even though this is a Camaro site, we welcome discussions about other cars and trucks as well. However, if you are seen to be here solely in support of some other car or brand do not be surprised if you get banned for being a troll.

Off-Topic Discussions
Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Any subject (within the rules of course). Talk about music, movies, news, sports, gaming, or simply hangout in one of the member lounges and shoot the breeze. There is are dedicated subforums here for sports and gaming.

Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions
From and for the site staff.

If there is something about the site that you'd like to know more about, or have a question/concern that you feel needs to be brought to our attention post it here. There are a number of guides stickied here that are worth a read.

I hope that helps to make it clearer about what should go where, and where you can find information you're looking for.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 04-08-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: its been a long time since I've updated this
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Other Generations Subforums Found on Camaro5

Camaro6 is an off-shoot of Camaro5. You can use the same username and password on both sites (plus Corvette7.com), and navigating between them all can be done by clicking the little dropdown in the upper right corner ('You are browsing _____.com')

If you have questions about the previous generations of the Camaro, or just want to talk about them. Each section also has a marketplace.

5th Generation Camaros
Camaro5.com, the site that started it all for us. The largest, most active 5th Generation Camaro site out there. Anything and everything you could possibly want to know about the 5th gen is here.

4th Generation Camaros
Small sub-forum of Camaro5

3rd Generation Camaros

1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 04-08-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Fest area is now shared between the two
Old 11-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Thank you for the effort of making this thread. Hopefully people will actually LOOK at it first before posting the same thing for the 10th time.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #4
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Hopefully people will actually LOOK at it first before posting the same thing for the 10th time.
That hand delivered SS has made you quite the optimist! Hasn't it!? Lol

Yes. Thanks for posting this and generating all the areas.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Thank you for the effort of making this thread. Hopefully people will actually LOOK at it first before posting the same thing for the 10th time.

not to mention the picture threads Turned Into discussion threads.
or official photo threads turned into photoshop threads
or picture's of cars not named Camaro posted in official threads
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:04 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post

not to mention the picture threads Turned Into discussion threads.
or official photo threads turned into photoshop threads
or picture's of cars not named Camaro posted in official threads
We gotta take things one step at a time. Posting in the wrong forum is the most easily avoidable thing on a forum (by the way ... if it can reasonably belong in two different sections, we usually don't care). Then there are duplicate threads (newbies: searching & or at least scrolling is encouraged, don't let anyone tell you differently), followed by random off-topic requests within a thread. I said it in another thread this evening, but it bears (bares?) repeating: if you think a moderator should step in to get things back on track, just send me or someone other mod a PM. We don't mind (much) and it helps to keep discussions productive and useful. Moderators can't read every post in every thread every day. Give us a heads up now and then and the site will be better off because of it.

-DG

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Thanks for posting this reminder about how the forums are set up.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Just updated the guide, quite a lot has been added in the last few weeks.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Guess I've been neglecting this guide for too long. I still had the ZL1 as 'speculation'

The guide is now fully up to date again with the ZL1 section rewritten; the Z/28, 1LE, Convertible, and Fest sections added.

Camaro Fest sub-forum