Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Are you starting to lose interest in the new Camaro?
Yes, not sure how much I even care anymore about this car. 13 7.93%
Still interested, but, yeah, I am a bit less enthusiastic than I was 73 44.51%
No, my interest level is the same as it was a few months ago 41 25.00%
I've actually become a little more interested lately 17 10.37%
Are you kidding? I'm way more jazzed now than I've ever been!! 20 12.20%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2015, 03:33 AM   #57
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
I guess what im trying to say is that im not just looking for the best car, but also the best community around it.
Ok this makes sense. To me I think every online community has really strange fanboys. Remember how a lot of people reacted here to the MY2014 refresh
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:46 AM   #58
jewc75

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Lol.. Speak of the devil
I know you arent talking about me. I cant stand the new mustang. Its hideous.I am definitely not a fan boi. Ive owned camaros, corvettes, mustangs, trucks and will continue to change it up as long as the auto makers keep changing it up. Besides who wants to drive a 2 door fusion every day? Not me.
jewc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #59
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
I guess what im trying to say is that im not just looking for the best car, but also the best community around it.
The Pill's antics are well known here to many. I know a little of him from being on here for the past year.

That said, get the car for the car, not the community. And besides, sure the Pill is toxic, but i'm sure there are just as many good Ford folks as there are GM. Don't generalize because of that tool.

Anyway - I think the Camaro is worth waiting for so...that's what i'm doing.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #60
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewc75 View Post
Im at a point to where im waiting for the 16 or do i pick up a 15 1LE, dont know what to do.
2015 Camaro last of the Retros? 2016 Camaro, Mustang or ATS Cadillac look alike? 2015 2SS with Black Appearance Package as well as 1LE dealer installed suspension on order. Build date 2/2. LGMotorsportZL1 wheels with
275s & 305s in the garage waiting.
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #61
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Interest is definitely starting to fade mostly due to the lack of new info and the non-stop dead horse beating here. At this point we've got one big pile of glue...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #62
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
The Pill's antics are well known here to many. I know a little of him from being on here for the past year.

That said, get the car for the car, not the community. And besides, sure the Pill is toxic, but i'm sure there are just as many good Ford folks as there are GM. Don't generalize because of that tool.

Anyway - I think the Camaro is worth waiting for so...that's what i'm doing.
Well said. The Mustang and Camaro are both on my list to check out when my lease runs out. That being said, I have a long history with Camaro and have not been impressed by the lack of technology offered by the 6th gen Mustang. Hence why I joined here and lurk around there.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #63
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Well said. All of you. I will take notice.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #64
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
I just wanna see the car already.
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #65
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
Old 01-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #66
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
I just want to drive the car already!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #67
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
I lost most of my interest due to lack of interest from GM to keep us at least a bit informed, I don't ask much.. at least a word about the camaro... because at this point EVERY we know about the camaro besides de chassis and its weight is pure speculation... if this keep the same for my birthday (on march) Ill get a 2015 mustang or a Charger, or even a WRX, life is short to waste your life waiting like an Akita in a train station...
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #68
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
I lost most of my interest due to lack of interest from GM to keep us at least a bit informed, I don't ask much.. at least a word about the camaro... because at this point EVERY we know about the camaro besides de chassis and its weight is pure speculation... if this keep the same for my birthday (on march) Ill get a 2015 mustang or a Charger, or even a WRX, life is short to waste your life waiting like an Akita in a train station...
What does it matter if they would show the car off now or in two months? It'll still come out at the same time and you won't drive it any sooner if they showed it off today.

I understand you can say "I could decide whether I like the way it looks now", but you could just wait a couple months and decide on your car then and there.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #69
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
life is short to waste your life waiting like an Akita in a train station...
No kidding, being a dog lover myself, that was sad..
Old 02-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #70
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Maybe im being overdramatic. But yes and no. I signed up here to find out what car would be best for me. Being that the biggest fanboy on this planet is a mustang fanboy, and that he has a following that big, steers me towards the camaro. Everything i dont like about blind brand loyalty i can find in huge amount on that specific forum coming from that guy and his fan club.
He has an array of facts that he uses very selectively to make arguments. Its disappointing that most of the stuff those guys think they know about the LS/LT platforms or GM is what they read over there. For example, did you know the aftermarket support for Coyote/SBF is WAY WAY WAY bigger than the LS market? ...that must be why there are so many LS to Coyote conversion kits available for so many platforms. I've never seen a forum, even a GM forum, so obsessed with the Z28 and 1LE package.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like what they did with the 2015 Mustang. I think the Alpha Camaro will force an engine refresh for it, which is what I would hold out for now. It's like they don't understand that competition is what drives both sides to improve, and all they want is validation for their purchase decision at the expense of bashing the "other" side.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote