Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Are you starting to lose interest in the new Camaro?
Yes, not sure how much I even care anymore about this car. 13 7.93%
Still interested, but, yeah, I am a bit less enthusiastic than I was 73 44.51%
No, my interest level is the same as it was a few months ago 41 25.00%
I've actually become a little more interested lately 17 10.37%
Are you kidding? I'm way more jazzed now than I've ever been!! 20 12.20%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #29
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I was in your position and decided to get the 15 1LE. Obviously, I knew the 16 was coming but I won't buy a first year car. Besides, it will likely be the V6 and base V8 the first year. If there is a 1LE, it might not be the first year.
Good point. Course the new base SS might perform as well as the outgoing 1LE. But we may not know that until well after production has stopped on the current.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)

Last edited by SuperSound; 01-26-2015 at 10:11 AM.
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #30
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I haven't lost interest but have become increasingly impatient when it didn't debut in Detroit..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe some interest has lessened regarding the exterior styling, but not completely...

I'm surprised their hasn't been more interest in which models are going to be available right away....

Will there be a Turbo I-4?, Turbo V-6?...A 1LE?...ZL-1?...Z/28?....

I am guessing a V-8 SS and V6s, 1LT, 2Lt, etc., as the V6s are the biggest sellers...and at least a base SS...I hope they tell us at the reveal which models with what kind of power-trains and trannys will be produced the first year for the rest of the line-up....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #32
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewc75 View Post
If production ends in June does that mean i have until say late April or May to order a '15?
I'll say if you love everything about the 5th Gen and the size! The 1LE is a no wait car and is sweet! No need to wait! Because the car will be more ATS size not even CTS size from what ppl have seen and compared! This is why I didn't wait because I love the size and look!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
As long as the car isn't as narrow as the ATS I'll give it a shot. My boss has an ATS, and it's a nice car, but the passenger seat in that car is economy class airline sized.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
As long as the car isn't as narrow as the ATS I'll give it a shot. My boss has an ATS, and it's a nice car, but the passenger seat in that car is economy class airline sized.
I thinkthe ATS is sweet and better looking than the CTS and alot of other cars ! But I dang , passenger seat is smaller than the the drivers? Is this normal because I never notice it?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #35
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Not losing interest, expectations increasing...could lead to major disappointment.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #36
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I thinkthe ATS is sweet and better looking than the CTS and alot of other cars ! But I dang , passenger seat is smaller than the the drivers? Is this normal because I never notice it?
I'm not sure if its my eyes playing tricks on me because the passenger floor area is only about 18 inches wide, but it just feels like you don't have a lot of room on the passenger side of the ATS. Hopefully there's more room on the driver side, if not, I don't know that I would buy a Camaro similar in size to an ATS to use as a daily driver.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 AM   #37
Jontall

Drives: GTO
The new Camaro is so similar to the out going car that I don't think it will make a big splash. No new LT1 motor or 7 speed transmission Tremec is not good. I may change my mind after they show the car, but this is how I feel now.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #38
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
The new Camaro is so similar to the out going car that I don't think it will make a big splash. No new LT1 motor or 7 speed transmission Tremec is not good. I may change my mind after they show the car, but this is how I feel now.
lolwut.

Why would you think that?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #39
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
why would you assume there will be no LT1 in the Camaro? the LS is on the way out and is being replaced with the LT. im unaware of a different V8 that would go into the Camaro aside from it.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #40
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
At this point, there are 86 votes in the poll, and exactly half (43) are in the top two categories indicating some loss of interest. And this is a poll of Camaro fans/faithful. I think GM made a mistake going 'all in' with its Volt/Bolt extravaganza.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #41
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
At this point, there are 86 votes in the poll, and exactly half (43) are in the top two categories indicating some loss of interest.
I see it more this way:

There are 86 votes in the poll.

Based on all we've seen, surmised, speculated and figured out - only 19 (22%) are MORE interested. A total of 43 (50%) are LESS interested.

That says nothing beyond the opinions of the 86 people that decided to play along, of course, but in the little informal poll here, Chevy has lost about half of the Camaro diehards based on what we have and haven't seen so far.

We know performance is improved...and who doesn't want improved performance? No one.

So the loss of interest almost certainly HAS to be based on the looks so far.

I guess we wanted a little more than 'evolutionary'. If it really is all in the details, those better be some pretty good details.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #42
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
I see it more this way:

There are 86 votes in the poll.

Based on all we've seen, surmised, speculated and figured out - only 19 (22%) are MORE interested. A total of 43 (50%) are LESS interested.

That says nothing beyond the opinions of the 86 people that decided to play along, of course, but in the little informal poll here, Chevy has lost about half of the Camaro diehards based on what we have and haven't seen so far.

We know performance is improved...and who doesn't want improved performance? No one.

So the loss of interest almost certainly HAS to be based on the looks so far.

I guess we wanted a little more than 'evolutionary'. If it really is all in the details, those better be some pretty good details.
Not sure you can say it is due to looks - we haven't see the car yet, and it could be that because folks were so amped about a Detroit Reveal, which didn't happen, they just naturally want to temper their enthusiasm.

My hope is that GM is still working on how bad they are going to blow are freaking minds and this is why it is taking a bit longer. Or maybe they just see NY as a better venue to reveal and they aren't really working on any more mind blowing features...who knows.

Take a poll after reveal regarding the looks, then you can say + or - because of looks.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote