Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-31-2023, 02:38 PM   #1
Megumin151

Drives: Chevrolet Cruze
Dealer Protection package worth it?

I have an order for a Zl1 in at a dealer in my state but they require their $7.5k protection package with orders. I also feel that this dealer has a decent chance to get my order accepted since I'm told I'm first in line and this dealer is located in some of the most wealthy/bougie area in the state.
Attached Images

Megumin151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:11 PM   #2
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
To me, no. A lot of that is normally covered by insurance, or can be purchased new for far less than $7500. I am assuming if you are buying a ZL1, you are probably not parking it on the street, so PDR shouldn’t be a frequent need unless caught in a hail storm or you get dinged in a parking lot, and then you can just pay your deductible to have it fixed. The little improvement you get from nitro will never recover the cost, either. I would be finding another dealership if they won’t budge on this “policy”.
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:12 PM   #3
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
I would not pay a penny for any of that. Just another name for "market adjustment" dealer ripoff. I looked at a ZL1 in WA and they wanted $10K over sticker. I told them to keep it. I learned their are almost no deals to be had on new Camaros on the West Coast. There were several ZL1's available at sticker price when I was looking two months ago, but not on the West Coast.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 04:18 PM   #4
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Should you take the deal? Absolutely not, unless you’ll be spending most of the time off-road in your ZL1. (And even then, I wouldn’t do it, because the dealer pays no more than a very small percentage of the advertised “value” of this package.) “Insurance” policies like this operate on the same premise as regular insurance, which is to say they’re counting on the fact that you’ll never file a claim - but if you do, you’ll probably pay a deductible for every occurrence to help reduce their costs. You’ll have the same result on your bank account by flushing $7,500 down the toilet.

In buying dozens of new vehicles over the years, I’ve never seen a more expensive, total rip-off “Premium Protection” plan than this one. If the dealer were more transparent in his dealings, he’d just be obvious about it and put a $7,500 market adjustment sticker on the window.

Just for comparison: A couple of weeks ago, a dealer offered me a better plan than this on the purchase of a 2023; it included more (and better) items than you’re showing above for under $1,000, but I still told him I wasn’t interested at any price. So, he just added it to the deal at no cost, even after substantially discounting the selling price way below the MSRP. He obviously wanted to get the deal done. I can’t wait to do business with this dealer again, as well as recommending him to all my friends and business associates.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:49 PM   #5
Megumin151

Drives: Chevrolet Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
I would not pay a penny for any of that. Just another name for "market adjustment" dealer ripoff. I looked at a ZL1 in WA and they wanted $10K over sticker. I told them to keep it. I learned their are almost no deals to be had on new Camaros on the West Coast. There were several ZL1's available at sticker price when I was looking two months ago, but not on the West Coast.
Was it Sunset Chevrolet?
Megumin151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:47 PM   #6
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumin151 View Post
Was it Sunset Chevrolet?
I honestly can't remember. I emailed a bunch of dealers in OR and WA when I was looking a few months ago. Every one wanted over sticker by $5-$10K for a ZL1.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:01 PM   #7
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
If you have to ask, then it’s worth it.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:08 AM   #8
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I think that that's valuable but the likelihood that you use is it slim and for the price its outrageous, its basically pure profit. Too, Nitrogen is a useless gimmick and you already get Chevy roadside, too. You'd really have to take it in for every little thing to even start getting the value back on it.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:09 AM   #9
CamaroMando

Drives: GT 350R
It's a mark up. Only car worth a slight mark up to me would be the ZLE
CamaroMando is offline   Reply With Quote