Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Rhea

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Tire Can not be balanced

I have a rear tire (Goodyear Eagle F1 Run-flat) that's producing an annoying vibration at highway speeds.
Took it to a tire shop and tried to have it road forced balanced but it could not be done because there is an issue with the tire.
Went to the local GM/Chev dealership and they would not replace the tire and advised me to go to the place I bought the car, even though the warranty manual states otherwise.
Called the Goodyear tire number in the warranty book and spoke to their customer service rep. 5-minute conversation with some minor details.
She was AWESOME and provided me with a claim number and location to the nearest Fountain tire to have the tire replaced.
Dropped by after work and simply gave them the claim number and just like that a new tire was ordered and ready to install tomorrow.
I was totally expecting a lot of resistance in getting this tire replaced and also expecting a fight with the local tire shop, but to my surprise, I was completely wrong.
Just an FYI in case you are having a similar issue.
Attached Images

Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
This is an informative story.

As you stated, GM does not warranty tires, they are covered by the tire manufacturer.

Also, I have had the defective tire experience. They just won't balance and replacing them is the only option.

Glad you go the problem solved!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Good on Goodyear for taking care of you!
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote