Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2021, 05:14 PM   #15
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
is your system the resonated one? Im curious to know what yours sounds like. any clips?? I spoke to a AWE rep last year, and he had mentioned that the resonators help with the rasp.

Truly appreciating the feedback guys!
Mine is resonated and the they do help, there is no rasp with the AWE resonated touring exhaust however with no active exhaust valves, it can be quite loud with headers and high flow cats. The AWE resonated touring exhaust comes with two small bottle style resonators welded in the connection pipes that resemble Vibrant 1794 resonators and they sound perfect before headers and high flow cats, however due to how loud the car is with headers and high flow cats, I cut out the AWE resonators and installed a set of Vibrant 1795 resonators which are twice as long and they helped tame the sound just enough to make it perfect. I love it beyond words!

Another plus of the AWE exhaust is that they have the best tips available, everyone else is using 4" tips and AWE uses 4 1/2". It makes a difference and the style of the tips look amazing as well.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:51 PM   #16
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Mine is resonated and the they do help, there is no rasp with the AWE resonated touring exhaust however with no active exhaust valves, it can be quite loud with headers and high flow cats. The AWE resonated touring exhaust comes with two small bottle style resonators welded in the connection pipes that resemble Vibrant 1794 resonators and they sound perfect before headers and high flow cats, however due to how loud the car is with headers and high flow cats, I cut out the AWE resonators and installed a set of Vibrant 1795 resonators which are twice as long and they helped tame the sound just enough to make it perfect. I love it beyond words!

Another plus of the AWE exhaust is that they have the best tips available, everyone else is using 4" tips and AWE uses 4 1/2". It makes a difference and the style of the tips look amazing as well.

Damn it's still loud even with the touring exhaust.... Oh boy.... I bet that will be a common problem with all aftermarket systems!
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:03 PM   #17
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Damn it's still loud even with the touring exhaust.... Oh boy.... I bet that will be a common problem with all aftermarket systems!

Its not really. The louder my exhaust got with valves open, the quieter it got when they are closed which is a good reason to keep NPP function.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 PM   #18
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

You have any clips of your exhaust setup? I currently have a awe touring non resonated with plp & I’m looking to add some kooks headers with green cats. I think I would end up adding some resonators. Any issues marrying up the two systems together?
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:36 PM   #19
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Its not really. The louder my exhaust got with valves open, the quieter it got when they are closed which is a good reason to keep NPP function.
Yup, that's what I'm talking about. As attractive as, for example, AWE's system is, no valves, no sale with me

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:36 PM   #20
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Hey guys hope everyone has been keeping well during these times.
Currently I have installed kooks LT w/green cats, into factory exhaust and suitcase. Im interested in upgrading the factory system to aftermarket for more flow, due to upcoming cam, and pulley installation. My question is,
Is there any connection issues from kooks green cats to say corsa catback, or awe, or borla in terms of direct fitment? or will modifications have to be made?
Do you have pictures of how the headers and cats bolted to the OEM cat back? Did you have to cut or modify anything? I want to do headers but keep the OEM cat back.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:38 PM   #21
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Do you have pictures of how the headers and cats bolted to the OEM cat back? Did you have to cut or modify anything? I want to do headers but keep the OEM cat back.

You'll need to measure and cut once you get your headers and cats on.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:42 AM   #22
Z OH 6

Quote:
It will be loud even with the stock exhaust with the valves open. If you use an aftermarket exhaust that still has exhaust valves you can use stealth mode which will make it much quieter. For some, it matters, for me it doesn't.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:44 AM   #23
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
You have any clips of your exhaust setup? I currently have a awe touring non resonated with plp & I’m looking to add some kooks headers with green cats. I think I would end up adding some resonators. Any issues marrying up the two systems together?
I really need to get a clip of mine, maybe something I can do this weekend. No issues marrying them up. If you're using the non-resonated, I strongly encourage you to add Vibrant 1795 resonators to the AWE connection pipes. It will take some of the edge off. It will still be noticeably louder than your stock manifolds and cats, but it sounds very very good.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #24
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I really need to get a clip of mine, maybe something I can do this weekend. No issues marrying them up. If you're using the non-resonated, I strongly encourage you to add Vibrant 1795 resonators to the AWE connection pipes. It will take some of the edge off. It will still be noticeably louder than your stock manifolds and cats, but it sounds very very good.
That would be awesome if you could get a sound clip. Also if you have any pictures of the connection would be great. Thanks for the advice on the vibrant resonators. Good to know they take some of the edge off.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #25
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Subscribed !!!
I plan on slapping Kooks headers on mine at some point. The OEM exhaust note on this car is my only complaint !

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #26
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
is your system the resonated one? Im curious to know what yours sounds like. any clips?? I spoke to a AWE rep last year, and he had mentioned that the resonators help with the rasp.

Truly appreciating the feedback guys!
Mine is resonated, but I’ll probably have to remove them to fit the ARH headers. I’m honestly concerned about that because it was pretty loud with the oem manifolds, link pipes (secondary car delete) and Touring catback. I’ll find out soon when the headers arrive.

I only have a video of a dyno pull. I don’t have any drive by vids but plan to get some soon.

http://youtu.be/4QFxLa81zvk
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 PM   #27
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Mine is resonated, but I’ll probably have to remove them to fit the ARH headers. I’m honestly concerned about that because it was pretty loud with the oem manifolds, link pipes (secondary car delete) and Touring catback. I’ll find out soon when the headers arrive.

I only have a video of a dyno pull. I don’t have any drive by vids but plan to get some soon.

Well now I'm definitely interested in what that will sound like. I guess you will be "taking one for the team"
On another note nice car and color, sounds great!
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #28
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post

That sounds wicked good !!!!! Those tips look awesome!!! Are those the AWE tips??

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote