Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Hadeszl1

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro zl1
New to the ZL1

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up the car 2 months ago and have been lurking the forums for awhile longer lol I’m new to the camaro and American muscle in general. Previous to this I’ve only had German cars so this is definitely different but I have no complaints I’m loving the car! It’s a 2017 black zl1. Only plans I have for the car are a rotofab intake, pulley and tune just want to keep it simple. Is it worth spending the money and risking the warranty I have for those mods?
P.s I’m on my phone and don’t know how to add pictures so sadly can’t show my car but if you have Instagram you can check it out on hadeszl1
Feel free to drop your insta I’d like to follow more zl1 owners
Hadeszl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #2
TazmanSS
Taz

Drives: Camaro SS
Congrats, my 2017 that I just picked up, awesome car for sure.
Attached Images

TazmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Nice ZL1 vert Tazman! You located near Pensacola? See your Panhandle Fl.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Congratulations Hades on your ZL1 purchase! I hope you enjoy driving yours just like I do mine!
Old 12-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
to the forums and congrats on the new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadeszl1 View Post
HIs it worth spending the money and risking the warranty I have for those mods?
No.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
Swift016

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Good morning,
New guy here.... just picked up my new 2019 ZL1 1LE yesterday... red/auto...driver plus track days... I have an open wheel Formula Atlantic, and this will help me stay sharp between races !!
Regards
Bill G... Newnan, Ga
Swift016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Congrats!

I love Racing Mine..
Name:  gingerman 1.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  196.7 KB
Name:  gingerman 2.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  258.4 KB

Hope to meet at a Track
Name:  RST -ZL1-3.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  185.7 KB

Have Fun!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
TazmanSS
Taz

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Nice ZL1 vert Tazman! You located near Pensacola? See your Panhandle Fl.
We used to live up there, had a 2014 Black Zl1 Vert up there, now live in Melbourne, updated my info.
TazmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #9
LT4Greg

Hey Bill G, I’m about 80 miles south of you in Columbus!
Old 12-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #10
philpacs

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10
As far as the mods vs warranty. I chose not too. The extra power would be nice but it wouldn't be long till you want more. Like money the desire for more never stops. I learned to enjoy the car as is and it's awesome. With my past C6Z once I started modding it never stopped and then your risk for something breaking goes up and you no longer have peace of mind for coverage. On flip side the car is well built but if you can absorb possible costs of repairs and don't worry about that then go for it.
philpacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #11
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Hi op and welcome. For me personally I’m never satisfied with stock power and laugh at warranties. My 18 zl1 with 5k is not stock, my 2016 Z06 is not stock (700+hp) and my trackhawk (very recent purchase) is only stock for rn bc I’m too broke at the moment to mod it. My answer is hell yeah do the upper pulley, headers, catless x pipe, cai e85 and tune and be good brother. You will not be sorry nor will shit break at that point. My 5th gen ss had less than 600 miles on it before I did heads/cam/ headers and never had an issue.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #12
Hadeszl1

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06 View Post
Hi op and welcome. For me personally I’m never satisfied with stock power and laugh at warranties. My 18 zl1 with 5k is not stock, my 2016 Z06 is not stock (700+hp) and my trackhawk (very recent purchase) is only stock for rn bc I’m too broke at the moment to mod it. My answer is hell yeah do the upper pulley, headers, catless x pipe, cai e85 and tune and be good brother. You will not be sorry nor will shit break at that point. My 5th gen ss had less than 600 miles on it before I did heads/cam/ headers and never had an issue.
Nice collection! None of my previous cars have been stock either but since I’m new to the American car game it’s a bit different for me. But my main question is if this car gains any hp with mild mods like just intake tune and a smaller pulley ?
Hadeszl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #13
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Nice collection! None of my previous cars have been stock either but since I’m new to the American car game it’s a bit different for me. But my main question is if this car gains any hp with mild mods like just intake tune and a smaller pulley ?
Yes intake, tune, and upper by all means will get you some gains. I would guess 45 - 60 hp total taking an educated guess. If you add headers and x pipe you would see closer to 85 hp (total) hp increase. That is enough where it would be a significant difference in power but make enough to daily without breaking stuff. Essentially you are gaining more boost while letting it breathe better. After that I would consider an expansion tank/hx upgrade. With this you won’t pick up any power but will keep your iats down (cooling mod).
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:15 PM   #14
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
Will you track the car?

Quote:
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up the car 2 months ago and have been lurking the forums for awhile longer lol I’m new to the camaro and American muscle in general. Previous to this I’ve only had German cars so this is definitely different but I have no complaints I’m loving the car! It’s a 2017 black zl1. Only plans I have for the car are a rotofab intake, pulley and tune just want to keep it simple. Is it worth spending the money and risking the warranty I have for those mods?
P.s I’m on my phone and don’t know how to add pictures so sadly can’t show my car but if you have Instagram you can check it out on hadeszl1
Feel free to drop your insta I’d like to follow more zl1 owners
A pulley car generates a lot of heat. If you are going to road track your car it may be a mod you want to think twice about. TP