Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Give Me Pros and Cons on the MRR M017 Replicas

So I purchased a 2018 SS 1LE in September and the cold weather issues with the tires are pretty well known. I found cold weather rated tires in the factory sizes and had them mounted. I have the s3s in my shop with about 800 miles on them. My plan was to search high and low for factory take off wheels from another SS 1LE but to no avail. It didn't seem too unreasonable because I thought someone may be dropping to 19s for tire availability, etc. Anyway, I can't find factory take offs. I've been looking at the MRR M017 replicas and thinking about purchaing a set and mounting my s3s for the warm weather. Could anyone that has the MRR M017s give me the pros and cons? I am particullarly interested in things like (1) Do they warp easily? (2) How are yours holding up? (3) Any issues with the paint comming off? (4) Have you tried to pressure wash them? (5) Do they balance OK?
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Smile

Pros : You get a high quality Flow forged wheel for the fraction of the cost
life time structure warranty and a 2 year finish warranty plus you get to email or call me any time.

Cons: Youll get a lawyer on you for breaking peoples necks everything time you roll by them so look out for that.

any who i doubt my comment will count cause well... conflict of interest
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
racerx8

Drives: '18 SIM 1LE '16 NRB Z06 '21 C8 Z51
MRR M017

Excellent wheel at an excellent price. I have two sets in black, one set on my '18 1SS 1LE DD and a second set on my'18 1SS 1LE track car. So I would definitely recommend them!!! Yeah Carlos/MRR makes a great wheel!

Last edited by racerx8; 05-31-2019 at 11:14 PM.
racerx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
So I purchased a 2018 SS 1LE in September and the cold weather issues with the tires are pretty well known. I found cold weather rated tires in the factory sizes and had them mounted. I have the s3s in my shop with about 800 miles on them. My plan was to search high and low for factory take off wheels from another SS 1LE but to no avail. It didn't seem too unreasonable because I thought someone may be dropping to 19s for tire availability, etc. Anyway, I can't find factory take offs. I've been looking at the MRR M017 replicas and thinking about purchaing a set and mounting my s3s for the warm weather. Could anyone that has the MRR M017s give me the pros and cons? I am particullarly interested in things like (1) Do they warp easily? (2) How are yours holding up? (3) Any issues with the paint comming off? (4) Have you tried to pressure wash them? (5) Do they balance OK?
I have the staggered 10" and 11" gloss black MRR 017 (purchased set of 4 from Phastek in March 2018) -- and love them. Quality is first class. There has been no warping or chips or whatever. They balanced no problem. I run 285/30-20 and 305/30-20 Michelin PS4 rubber. They are fairly easy to clean (brake dust being problem it is with stock pads). They look great (I have the Black Mosaic paint and the all black look is sleek). You can take appeal at my photo album to for visuals. I have NOT pressure washed them; not sure I would feel comfortable doing that--hand wash is not a challenge.
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Come up to Camaro Fest and see these in person.

MRR will be there!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Love these wheels… Get the optional MRR clear powder coat (@ $100 per) on top of the standard finish, they will last a lot longer and look better long-term too...

Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
Marko

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Love these wheels… Get the optional MRR clear powder coat (@ $100 per) on top of the standard finish, they will last a lot longer and look better long-term too...

Nice rims. Congrats!! I just starting researching wheels for my new Challenger. (I , obviously still have my Camaro too) Lol.

One of the wheels has bad curb rash and MMR makes an exact replica wheel for it at a good price. I heard PK Designs makes or designs wheels for them not sure

Last edited by Marko; 06-02-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
DarrenMRRWheels

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Thanks for the kind words.
The MRR M017 is a quality wheel that is also lightweight. As you read, the finish is great and the wheels are simple to clean with soap and water.
MRR wheels (other than replicas) are designed within our building and factory. No outsourcing. Someone was teasing you Marko.

Thanks for the business
Darren
DarrenMRRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #9
avirex560

Drives: 2023 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_MRRWheelsInc View Post
Pros : You get a high quality Flow forged wheel for the fraction of the cost
life time structure warranty and a 2 year finish warranty plus you get to email or call me any time.

Cons: Youll get a lawyer on you for breaking peoples necks everything time you roll by them so look out for that.

any who i doubt my comment will count cause well... conflict of interest
Carlos, I'm researching these exact wheels. Do you have a set w/tires on your website? And are there any forum member discounts available. Thanks
avirex560 is offline   Reply With Quote