Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #6203
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
Ya, he's got an annoying quality at times. So basically, I still hang around here because I'm a car guy. I like to see what is coming up next and get some inside info or experiences when available.

I did test drive a ZL1 back in the day when I bought my GT500. It wasn't the car for me at the time. Today tho, the ZL1 has improved on much of my early criticisms and discomforts from the 14-15 model year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Hence why I hang around the M6G site as well. I’m sort of intrigued by the GT500 so I like to keep up. The DCT only really bugs me and to be honest I’m waiting to see one in person. I get why they revised the front end for more air, but the current GT350 is easily my favorite looking Mustang of all time. I really don’t like the new regular Camaro or Mustang face lifts.

But, I’m probably going to eventually tear out the interior of my ZLE and cage it. So I guess I might look at a DCT/auto GT500 or C8 in the future. If I have my choice I’d like to stay manual. If by some miracle a C8 version gets a manual I’m going that way. If it stays auto I lean more GT500 in couple of years if they don’t have GT350 level of issues. Or Porsche is the outlier if I really want mid-rear engine.
I hang around M6G mainly because I’ve always liked Mustangs (except 71 - 73) and because I honestly have considered a GT500 down the road, probably when I’m done paying for kids’ tuition. I figure either a base with handling package or a C8, especially if there’s a Grand Sport at reasonable pricing. From what I’ve seen so far, I’m leaning more C8. Oddly enough though, I am not registered on any Corvette sites, though I do lurk from time to time.

The C8 Stingray has put up amazing acceleration numbers, and even though it’s a touch behind the GT500 base on track, I expect Grand Sport will be even better on both counts. Even if not, all the optional content available for C8 that is not available for GT500 at any trim pretty much tips the scales towards C8. HUD, PDR, Front Lift, choice of removable roof options.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #6204
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Again. You're like a left winger taking quotes out of context and turning them. The what "if" statement was not about any denial of the Voodoo. Why don't you play straight man? FWIW, my 16 A8 HC was a great machine and I had zero issues with it thru 17k miles. Maybe I'm just a lucky car buyer.
I took nothing out of context. I replied to a comment and I applied appropriately to that particular comment.
Quote:
Wow. You're like the Joseph Goebels of the Camaro world. I'd disagree. On the contrary, it's been a very profitable few years for Ford and the Mustang. The product won't be discontinued anytime soon. Meanwhile the Dodge Challenger out sells the camaro and ranks #2. Behind the Mustang of course... What gives? I'll tell you. The camaro has a limited and declining market. Limited to mullets and barely a thought to women. Why? I'll tell you. Women can't see out of the damn thing. Women don't feel comfortable in it. Dads won't put their daughters in it. The only women I see in camaros are bulls and tomboys. That's the stying the camaro is limited to ...mullets, bulls and tomboys. There's your truth.
So you bought a the slowest Muscle car costing over $60K just to impress women? You think buying Mustangs will impress women?
Quote:
Ya, he's got an annoying quality at times. So basically, I still hang around here because I'm a car guy. I like to see what is coming up next and get some inside info or experiences when available.

I did test drive a ZL1 back in the day when I bought my GT500. It wasn't the car for me at the time. Today tho, the ZL1 has improved on much of my early criticisms and discomforts from the 14-15 model year.
You hang around here because you like the attention and you like to debate. Over on the Mustang forums you and your GT350 would go unnoticed. So you're here.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #6205
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I took nothing out of context. I replied to a comment and I applied appropriately to that particular comment.

So you bought a the slowest Muscle car costing over $60K just to impress women? You think buying Mustangs will impress women?

You hang around here because you like the attention and you like to debate. Over on the Mustang forums you and your GT350 would go unnoticed. So you're here.
Well said blah. Even I can’t add/take from this
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #6206
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

GT PP2 vs the GT350. And the GT350 loses in braking and road holding despite being much more expensive. LOL!!WTF Ford...??

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-shelby-gt350/

How TF do you be more expensive, receive "updates" to the suspension, and STILL manage to lose in handling to a lower trim?? And remember, people paid markups for this car before the updates. LOL!!
Old 01-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #6207
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

But the funny thing about the article. When mentioning the price, they include that the GT is much cheaper when you don't add on options or features. I wonder if they'll do the same thing when/if they put the $60K and $65K Base C8 and C8 Z51 up against the $74K and $94K Base GT500 And CF GT500...like MT forgot to mention...
Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 AM   #6208
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
GT PP2 vs the GT350. And the GT350 loses in braking and road holding despite being much more expensive. LOL!!WTF Ford...??

How TF do you be more expensive, receive "updates" to the suspension, and STILL manage to lose in handling to a lower trim?? And remember, people paid markups for this car before the updates. LOL!!
True, but the GT350 is much more composed (can’t measure that in numbers) and as a result bests the PP2 by 2 seconds per lap at Grattan, which is the ultimate measure.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #6209
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

This just in.....

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...r-of-the-year/

Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #6210
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Nice, you gonna post that you know where?
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #6211
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:

Dont forget the snake emblem is a lot more impressive to high school girls at the local Sonic. That alone is worth 10k.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #6212
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
True, but the GT350 is much more composed (can’t measure that in numbers) and as a result bests the PP2 by 2 seconds per lap at Grattan, which is the ultimate measure.
Super-expensive Mustangs are always winning in areas that just so happen to be impossible to measure in numbers. Like "cosmic" epicness or "it sounds better".

If the GT350 wins at Grattan then I will assume and suggest that it is because the PP2 (being without proper cooling as a way to ensure it doesn't match the GT350) probably starts to overheat and slows down after 1 lap. LOL! Unless that is actually the first lap.

If it is after 1 lap then they'll put those results when it is compared to the GT350 as a way to protect the Shelby. So they'll run the PP2 until it slows down so they can say the GT350 is 2 seconds faster. Otherwise, against the SLE, they'll use it's best lap so they can call it a close match. LOL!!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #6213
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Was there ever any doubt? Lol
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #6214
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nice, you gonna post that you know where?
Maybe I’ll pm it to V**D**. That’ll probably get me banned.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:38 AM   #6215
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Maybe I’ll pm it to V**D**. That’ll probably get me banned.
HAHAHAAHAHAHA, that guy is something else.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 AM   #6216
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Nice! Well deserved.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote