#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #1
ZZorro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE - A10
Waiting on:

My 2020 ZL1 1le A10, shadow gray, data recorder, NAV... Dealer states these are all allocated units and dealers get so many opportunities to order and it's based on prior sales of these units and that I was fortunate to be able to secure one ... wondering how much of this is BS...?

This is the kind of horse hockey that Ford is currently pulling with the GT500's - scum bag, thieving, lying, BS artist, Pirate, cheating, ignorant, arrogant, asshole, Dealers an addendum of over +$20,000.00 for the opportunity to order a F'ing car. These asswipes have been given a license to steal from Ford they are sanctioned Pirate's...!!!

Last edited by ZZorro; 08-08-2021 at 03:01 PM.
ZZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
You do understand dealers are independent businesses, right? They can charge whatever they like, you don’t have buy from a dealer if you do not like the price.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #3
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
So you ordered the car originally and now they won't sell you the car at an agreed price?

Or they're getting in that exact car and you are interested in buying it?

They'll never sell it for +$20k,theyre crazy. I'd probably walk away from that dealer and never go back either way.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Everything you heard about dealer allocations on ZL1’s is exactly what I learned when I was looking for mine. My local dealer wouldn’t even submit the request because they knew that GM would reject the order (small town dealership with low volume equates to no allocations). They did help me out and direct me to the two nearest dealerships that actually get the cars, and that is how I eventually secured one. In Canada ZL1’s are so rare you just don’t see them anywhere.

On the Ford thing... I can tell you feel strongly about your experience! Years ago when I was looking for a GT 350 I had the same issues and refused to order.

It does work the other way also... last year a dealership that is licensed to sell high end mustang’s (Barrie Ontario), had 4 GT350’s they brought in in 2017 that didn’t sell. They were offering them at 20k off of msrp in order to get rid of them....
Pupilbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
It’s not BS that a dealer is allocated so many units of a car or truck depending on their sales! Larger dealerships get more units because they sell more vehicles than a smaller dealership and they can inflate the price of a low production model like a ZL1 1LE or GT 500 Mustang because people will pay the higher price to own one. I wonder how much the C8 Corvette will be when it gets at the dealerships!
Old 10-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Guys, if you remember my plight for a ZLE here in British Columbia, the dealer wanted 10K over! It's just the way it is in Canada.

And Pupilbone, you're right. I have yet to have seen another ZL1 on the road anywhere.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
My 2020 ZL1 1le A10, shadow gray, data recorder, NAV... Dealer states these are all allocated units and dealers get so many opportunities to order and it's based on prior sales of these units and that I was fortunate to be able to secure one ... wondering how much of this is BS...?

This is the kind of horse hockey that Ford is currently pulling with the GT500's - scum bag, thieving, lying, BS artist, Pirate, cheating, ignorant, arrogant, asshole, Dealers an addendum of over +$20,000.00 for the opportunity to order a F'ing car. These asswipes have been given a license to steal from Ford they are sanctioned Pirate's...!!!
It sucks yes. But the dealers do need an allocation for these higher end cars. When I went in to order mine my dealer sales lady and manager didn’t know about a 1LE ZL1. Turned out they were able to get an allocation for a ZL1 and another allocation for a ZL1 1LE. I ordered the 1LE.
My sales manager and sales lady gave me 2000 dollars off without me even having to ask. I figured for sure it would be a full msrp purchase but I was obviously pleasantly surprised.
The ZL1 up here is rare. More so if you have a ZLE. So I was pretty lucky to get one first try with the dealer I dealt with.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
ZZorro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE - A10
Seems to be some confusion in my original post so let me clarify and thank those that posted so far:

1. I was considering a GT500 till I had the experience of inflated pricing.
2. I bought and am currently waiting on my 2020 Zl1 1le to arrive at the dealer.
3. The allocation story is one that I was told by my current dealer.
4. The story about the GT500 and pricing I witnessed first hand (face to face) with a Ford dealership.

And to the fellow that posted about my knowledge of dealerships - I am an older fellow, retired LEO, have owned more cars in my lifetime than I care to discuss - mostly HP vehicles, so I understand fully, and completely, but thank you for attempting to enlighten me.
ZZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #9
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Seems to be some confusion in my original post so let me clarify and thank those that posted so far:

1. I was considering a GT500 till I had the experience of inflated pricing.
2. I bought and am currently waiting on my 2020 Zl1 1le to arrive at the dealer.
3. The allocation story is one that I was told by my current dealer.
4. The story about the GT500 and pricing I witnessed first hand (face to face) with a Ford dealership.
Did your dealer inflate the price of the ZL1?
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
With the GT500.... did you search on a mustang forum like svtperformance? They still post dealerdhip names that will sell cars at or even below MSRP.

You know you don't have to buy locally for the GT500 or ZL1 1LE. Yes dealers are going to put a premium on cars. They always have and always will. Not every dealer will but they know people will overpay just to have the first of something. But with this day and age, I do not see why people don't just search the internet and find the other dealers that will sell at or below MSRP just blows my mind.

But hey, if you're dumb enough and have that much money burning a hole in your pocket. Then go ahead and pay that extra money. I never will because screw those dealers and truly wish they could not do that.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #11
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
This is not BS. It’s the 1LE package that is on allocation. See BeckyD’s threads on weekly constraints. I ordered a ZL1 without 1LE on 9/14. It went to 2000 status that night. The following day the UAW went on strike. My order is at 3400 with a TPW of 9/30.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #12
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
This is not BS. It’s the 1LE package that is on allocation. See BeckyD’s threads on weekly constraints. I ordered a ZL1 without 1LE on 9/14. It went to 2000 status that night. The following day the UAW went on strike. My order is at 3400 with a TPW of 9/30.
Yes I believe for 2020 you did not require an allocation for a ZL1. But a 1LE you still do.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
I will never pay MSRP on any car......I don't care what it is! There are too many dealers and too many cars to get caught up in the BS! In this day and age of instant communication with people/businesses from across the country, there would be absolutely no reason to get sucked in by one dealer.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #14
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
There is one almost identical to this up in Wilkesboro at Empire Chevrolet.

Everything you stated above except for PDR...

https://www.empirechevy.com/VehicleD...-NC/3492844593