Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #1
bubbatank1

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
2022 Camaro LT1 Aftermarket Intake Issue.

I purchased a BBK intake about a week ago and I cant install it because of the plug in the photo. My guess is that this changed from the 2021 to 2022 models and now I cant seem to find any intake with instructions on what to do in this case or a actual intake tube that has the hole for that vacuum tube sealed. So I'm asking for help! I thought that I had seen that this intake works on '16 and up Camaros but I'm guessing it won't work for a 2022. I would like to see if there is something I can do to install this intake. Anyone have any experience with this, or know if I pry it off I can reuse it. I didn't wanna move forward and then have a unpluggable hole in my factory intake either.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This link
https://www.phastekperformance.com/B...p/bbk-1915.htm
also shows the intake and has links for the instruction manual and videos.

Thanks
Update 1: looks like that plug is where the sound tube would be, if it had one.
bubbatank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:46 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Yes, that’s where the sound tube would be installed if your car had one. It looks like you need to carefully cut the clamp and install the factory plug into the new intake instead of the sound tube shown in the installation instructions. Hopefully the plug is the correct diameter for the new intake. You could contact BBK support if you have questions.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatank1 View Post
I purchased a BBK intake about a week ago and I cant install it because of the plug in the photo. My guess is that this changed from the 2021 to 2022 models and now I cant seem to find any intake with instructions on what to do in this case or a actual intake tube that has the hole for that vacuum tube sealed. So I'm asking for help! I thought that I had seen that this intake works on '16 and up Camaros but I'm guessing it won't work for a 2022. I would like to see if there is something I can do to install this intake. Anyone have any experience with this, or know if I pry it off I can reuse it. I didn't wanna move forward and then have a unpluggable hole in my factory intake either.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This link
https://www.phastekperformance.com/B...p/bbk-1915.htm
also shows the intake and has links for the instruction manual and videos.

Thanks
Update 1: looks like that plug is where the sound tube would be, if it had one.
Just use that plug on the new setup. That's exactly what I did with my rotofab CAI.
Attached Images

WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote