Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #15
NOTENUF

Drives: C6 corvette, 18 Grand Cherokee,
brembo

The 6 piston brembo's are only available with the 1LE option. When you click on the 6 piston option for 2020 you get a reply that said additional options may be required. When you look at the additional options, it is the 1LE option. I am ordering a 2021 when they (chevy) opens back up. Actually the SS 2S 1LE is actually a few hundred dollars cheaper that an SS 2SS with all the goodies. So in other words I get the bigger rims and tires, and the Recaro seats for free...
NOTENUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #16
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENUF View Post
The 6 piston brembo's are only available with the 1LE option. When you click on the 6 piston option for 2020 you get a reply that said additional options may be required. When you look at the additional options, it is the 1LE option. I am ordering a 2021 when they (chevy) opens back up. Actually the SS 2S 1LE is actually a few hundred dollars cheaper that an SS 2SS with all the goodies. So in other words I get the bigger rims and tires, and the Recaro seats for free...
Sorry, but this is not correct. You can most definitely select the 6-piston brake upgrade WITHOUT adding the 1LE package. In fact I just did it to confirm this. You make have clicked the “Brembo front and rear performance antilock brakes” option. This selection DOES require the 1LE package. You have to select the “Chevrolet Performance front and rear brake upgrade system in red” option. It’s a $3,645 option.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #17
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Sorry, but this is not correct. You can most definitely select the 6-piston brake upgrade WITHOUT adding the 1LE package. In fact I just did it to confirm this. You make have clicked the “Brembo front and rear performance antilock brakes” option. This selection DOES require the 1LE package. You have to select the “Chevrolet Performance front and rear brake upgrade system in red” option. It’s a $3,645 option.
your post is confusing - you are saying in one sentence that you can add the brakes without adding 1LE and then in the next sentence you say the performance brake selection does require the 1LE option.

Both statements simply cannot be true!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
your post is confusing - you are saying in one sentence that you can add the brakes without adding 1LE and then in the next sentence you say the performance brake selection does require the 1LE option.

At least on the SS, you CAN get the Chevrolet Performance Brake Upgrade (Brembo 6 piston on the front) without getting the 1LE package, another guy was picking up his 2SS (NON-1LE) at the same time I was and he had the brake upgrade (it is an LPO item, dealer installed). It is expensive, like $3600...

I don't think this option is available on any lower models than an SS...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #19
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post

Here...I hope this clarifies what I’m trying to say.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
At least on the SS, you CAN get the Chevrolet Performance Brake Upgrade (Brembo 6 piston on the front) without getting the 1LE package, another guy was picking up his 2SS (NON-1LE) at the same time I was and he had the brake upgrade (it is an LPO item, dealer installed). It is expensive, like $3600...

I don't think this option is available on any lower models than an SS...
Yes. It is dealer installed. Mine is a 2018 1SS with this upgrade.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #21
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
I have the 6 piston upgrade on my non 1LE. You actually don’t need the 1LE package to get the upgraded 6 piston front and 4 piston rear performance brakes. Selecting that $3,645 option circled in the picture automatically select the two above it. It’s pricey, but available.
Correct.

In fact I believe they were an option for the 16 SS before the GEN6 SS 1LE was even offered for sale.

If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the SS optional 6 piston Brembos and the SS 1LE front Brembos is that the 1LE has 1LE written on them and the non-1LE cars won't have 1LE written on them?

BTW I'm pretty sure even the new LT1 can be optioned with the front 6 piston Brembos. Just not MRC or rear 4 piston Brembos.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #22
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Correct.

In fact I believe they were an option for the 16 SS before the GEN6 SS 1LE was even offered for sale.

If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the SS optional 6 piston Brembos and the SS 1LE front Brembos is that the 1LE has 1LE written on them and the non-1LE cars won't have 1LE written on them?

BTW I'm pretty sure even the new LT1 can be optioned with the front 6 piston Brembos. Just not MRC or rear 4 piston Brembos.
I does appear to be available on the LT1 trim (for $3,175) however you will not get red rear brake calipers on that trim regardless of options selected... So whether you select the 6 piston upgrade or simply the Red Brake Calipers, only the front come in Red on an LT1...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 06-01-2020, 10:14 PM   #23
caSStro18

Quote:
I’m not sure, but I think the optional 6 piston Brembos for the 1SS and 2SS have slotted rotors. I’m not sure if the 1le rotors are slotted. Are they?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #24
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
I’m not sure, but I think the optional 6 piston Brembos for the 1SS and 2SS have slotted rotors. I’m not sure if the 1le rotors are slotted. Are they?
No just non-slotted/non-cross drilled 2 piece rotors up front. I believe they are like 14.6" or 14.7".

Not sure how well you can make it out in this picture.

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #25
caSStro18

Quote:
No just non-slotted/non-cross drilled 2 piece rotors up front. I believe they are like 14.6" or 14.7".

Not sure how well you can make it out in this picture.

yeah I can see in the photo they are not slotted. I've often wondered if the slotted rotor cause more brake dust and wear out pads faster. Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 PM   #26
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
yeah I can see in the photo they are not slotted. I've often wondered if the slotted rotor cause more brake dust and wear out pads faster. Thoughts?
You can get the upgraded front brakes here for a lot less cost...

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304339.html

What I'd like to know is how is this justified as a $3,645 "upgrade" on an SS... My 2SS has Red 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners ($395), it would have cost me WELL over $3,000 JUST to upgrade the fronts only to 6 piston and 1" larger rotors... Hell, I got an A10 and MRC (in addition to my Red Brembos) for the same money...

I realize they are better brakes, but $3,600 better? I can't imagine 2 more pistons and 1" bigger rotor is giving you $3,600 better braking...

If it was a $500-$700 upgrade, I would have jumped at it... $3,600??? No thanks... (all my other cars have single piston brakes, I'm pretty happy with my 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners!)

Old 06-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #27
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You can get the upgraded front brakes here for a lot less cost...

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304339.html

What I'd like to know is how is this justified as a $3,645 "upgrade" on an SS... My 2SS has Red 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners ($395), it would have cost me WELL over $3,000 JUST to upgrade the fronts only to 6 piston and 1" larger rotors... Hell, I got an A10 and MRC (in addition to my Red Brembos) for the same money...

I realize they are better brakes, but $3,600 better? I can't imagine 2 more pistons and 1" bigger rotor is giving you $3,600 better braking...

If it was a $500-$700 upgrade, I would have jumped at it... $3,600??? No thanks... (all my other cars have single piston brakes, I'm pretty happy with my 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners!)
I agree. Even though my car has them. I did not order my car with them, it just happen to have them already installed. At the time the car was discounted almost $11,000 due to them trying to clear the ‘18s off the lot. I would never spend that much on brakes! Just a little overpriced imo.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:11 PM   #28
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I agree. Even though my car has them. I did not order my car with them, it just happen to have them already installed. At the time the car was discounted almost $11,000 due to them trying to clear the ‘18s off the lot. I would never spend that much on brakes! Just a little overpriced imo.
I'd love to have them, and like I said, if GM would have priced this say $500 over the Red Calipers, I would have clicked that button in a heartbeat, but over $3000??? No way...

I do love the A10, MRC and NPP I got with the savings, however!!!

And I still have GREAT looking brakes!!!